Electric auto choke for Fuego (and others)

mistareno

G'day guys,

If your Fuego is anything like mine, it has some, umm.... consistancy problems with it's auto choke operation.

After talking with several Fuego owners with the same problem, I decided to bin the old water temperature operated Auto choke.

I took off the water heated bi-metal spring housing (and associated hoses) and replaced it with a fully eletric one from an XF falcon weber (screws straight on).

hooked up a wire from the ignition, set the base idle where I thought it look about right, fired it up and voila, the choke works better than it ever has.

It takes about 15 minutes and also gets rid of a few hoses from under the bonnet.

From talking to a few people in the carby rebuild game, the electric bi metal spring assy will pretty much last for ever, and very few ever fail.

NOTE: The Falcons auto choke works in the opposite direction so you will have to take the spring out and turn it in 180 degrees before you screw the housing on.

The housing braket (with the 3 holes in it) is the same as the Renault one and will bolt straight in.

Happy Cold starting/idling :)

Regards,
Richard Vandermeer

Ah, the joys of Fuego ownership... (sorry, couldnt resist :tongue: )

Haakon said:
Ah, the joys of Fuego ownership... (sorry, couldnt resist :tongue: )

Atleast my auto choke is actually on a carby.....as oppopsed to an EFI setup like on a 25 :D

Trust me, you are going to love having a trouble free EFI setup in the Fuego, and never think about chokes or anything as primitive that again.