504 wheels

Bad Bertie

1000+ Posts
I have had a response on my 504 wheels wanted thread and was asked if I was after the early 504 wheels with nuts like the ones on the 2CV with the attached washers. I am not aware of different ones, anyone knows?:confused:

um...pretty sure you are right, there are no other 504 wheels...........unless the person thinks you want alloys???

Edited:
The 504 sedan has a 12mm stud and corresponding nut size. The 604 has a larger diameter stud and nut at 14mm.

Make sure you have the correct nut for the type of wheel you are using and check that you have nuts for the spare if you only use 4 alloys and retain the steelie as a spare.

Ian.

Last edited:
To be polite Ian...I am not sure anything is correct !
My wagon has 12mm nuts.....my sedans have 12mm nuts.......504s run GTI alloys so they are 12mm as well.......but a 604 has 14mm studs so maybe this is where you were coming from.

To be polite Ian...I am not sure anything is correct !
My wagon has 12mm nuts.....my sedans have 12mm nuts.......504s run GTI alloys so they are 12mm as well.......but a 604 has 14mm studs so maybe this is where you were coming from.

yes and 403 wheel nuts fit 504 wagon wheels :D

These are the wheel and nuts from a 504 - the most common type

View attachment 34332

The other type (from wagons? as suggested)
View attachment 34333

These don't have the deep dish that accepts the nut with the integrated oval washer, they just have regular looking nuts with the coned / beveled end.

I have used both types on both wagons and sedans - don't know why there is a difference, however I like the first type.

BF