Sat-In on Cit-In 2003

Hi Guys,
I only made it for a couple of hours on Sunday arvo, specifically for Dad (KenW) to use the AX in the motorkhana.

it looked like a good turn out though

Hi Guys,

no doubt in my mind, Bruces car is very nice, but the CX turbo and CX C-matic both parked next to my car were without doubt the best cars there in the CX/GS class. They are streets ahead of both my CX and Bruces GS... The traction that I'd have thought would win was the early black one with the period horns/fish tail exhaust etc... I'll post my photo's later (I'm at a hotel at the moment). It was a great weekend !!!! Sorry Bruce, my vote went to the CX turbo parked next to me (as did several others as people actualy asked me for it's number after it left wink ).

more later about the poeple I met when I have time !!

seeya,
Shane L.

From the pics (thanks to all who took and or posted them so swiftly) the event was fabulous. I have been going to Citins almost every year since 1986 and they simply get better and better.

As long as it has that great logo of two cut Chevron gears I don't care what model it is. They are all amazing vehicles (even the LN)!

Thansk CCCQ.

that Citroen people come in categories
As Alan says, and if this thread has helped point out anything it's this: one of the beauties of the marque is that it has provided vehicles with something for everyone:
Alan admires the performance of his BX;
Bruce admires his GS (for everything);
gibgib admires the practicality of his Berlingo;
etc,
etc,
etc...
(Yes, there are too many of us to list so don't be slighted if I've left your model out).

OK I've finally got a pinchful of photos we got (only on the digital camera) from the Citin..

Not very many, but we spent most of our time walking around admiring, or talking to people we haven't met before than taking photos :D

Located <a href="http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~smithra/" target="_blank">here</a>

It includes pictures of the bird you may have heard of :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

well I've had a chance to post the photo's, they can be found here:

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/~deesse" target="_blank">Shane's Photos</a>

At the event I met quite a few people, obviously Alan S, Adrian S, Brad S and the other 'S' who's name escapes me at this minute. Also I met Greenblood (Chris), Gerry(Gibgib), Julian (Xsara), Bruce Ramsey, Craig Keller and lotsa others, I've gone blank as soon as I've gone to type there names.

The weekend was fantastic, my idea to chuck a stack of CD's on my bonnet with a $2.00per CD 'donation' box beside it didn't work out. My mother and Ang decided to setup a little store to sell 'em. What a brilliant idea, it kept them out of our hair for two days :D :D I'll be doing that next year for sure wink (bet greenblood had wished he thought of something like that).

The CX turbo isn't running well, I think one of it's coils has gone bad. Of course when Alan S drove it and it didn't miss, way low on power but it didn't miss. It ran like crap all the way from the NSW border, as soon as I filled it the day we left Maleny it started to run really well again (though it'd still break down under heavy load --I'll change it's coils when I get home). Hope I don't put the same petrol back in at the border again, that stuff was sh!+ and wouldn't burn properly if your life depended on it.

I just noticed, I'm having huge problems uploading the files, I have tried for over 90minutes now. Looks like the ISP here uses the same way to access aussiefrogs as we do at work. ie: 3minute delay and timeouts to try and upload a 3kbyte file. Very, very strange how some ISP's just can't access this server .... :confused: :mad: :(

seeya,
Shane L.

Bruce H:
gibgib admires the practicality of his Berlingo;
etc,
etc,
etc...
Berlingo is OK but I'd rather be driving a GS especially for spherical reasons approve

Shane,
Some of your links aren't working or am I impatient because you are still uploading :p
Stopping at 31 of 103.
Keen to see cheers!

OK Guys, there all uploaded, my favorites are the 'D' that Betony's hand painted (you'll know it when you see it), the CX turbo next to my car, the early Traction with the horns and period accessories, bruces GS wagon (hope he finds that sunroof & re-paints it at some stage :D ), and Chris & Shanes filthy dirty 2CV's as they'd come across the outback from Perth in 'em.

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane, Adrian,
Fantastic, citroen_ Superb, citroen_ Magnificent citroen_

What a treasure trove, what an excellent event, I'm booking for Canberra now (take heed Mrs GB)

I've been thinking about my favourites butttttt... I love 'em all, every car and owner there has a history that makes each and every entrant special for one reason or another, where possible it was worth talking to owners to get an insight to their background and their involvment with Citroen. Looking at the pics even the C5 makes sense and fits into it's timeline. Thrilled to have been a small part of such a enriching experience.

citroen_ citroen_ citroen_

Cheers
Chris

God that lot of pictures are fantastic.Those black Ds are fantastic.That Xsara is way out, pretty good i think.

Chris,

Sounds like the whole event just kicked in :D

But it was indeed a great weekend (day for me), and it makes you think about all these halfwits in their holdens who think they are special. I wonder if they could have a similar type of meet that has the historical and sentimental value like it does with Citroen's.

I guess it's because you see holdens every day and it means nothing, whereas you rarely see many citroens, and thus makes Cit-In's like this one much more significant.

I'll have to find the time to get to Canberra, it's a bit of a drive from where we are, so we'll have to see. If I do come, I should be in my own car, which will be good! wink

citroen_ citroen_ citroen_

Hi All, UFO here.

I had a great time at Cit In also. I am at a net cafe in a Thai Restaurant at pres and MAY approach civilization again real soon. Neither of our mobiles has access where we are tonight!! AAARRRGGGHHH

I am however working on LOTS of new pages for the CCC of NSW site and these will be up with lots of pics soon after my return to Wollygong.

We had a great time last Tues, catching up with the Smiths in Hervey Bay. Al makes bloody good home brew. His cars are pretty good too - don't let anyone tell you CX C Matics are slow - they just need Al's touch.

Was great to properly meet the rest of the family too - Rod, Adrian and Lynne (and Tessa and Tippy - ruff!!)

More later - behave yourselves! :D

Hi Guys,

just reading through the comments now I've had time to get back & read things properly. Hey Julian, you out there :confused: I hope you weren't put off at all by the judging.

Take note of how many oldies were there compared to modern cars. I certainly would never have said I voted for your Xsara, sure it's nice, but as this is voting for what you personaly like the most my vote went to not the C5's, or Xsaras, or C3's or Xantias etc... It went to a 24valve XM, simply because I like XM's. Not 'cos I don't like Xsaras.

I'm not sure, but as most of the poeple there appeared to own/drive oldies so there preferences are probably not for the modern/blend into the crowd Citroens either. I must admit, your stereo did sound very nice & clear, a lot of stereos built for Sound Offs sound very ordinary to me, but yours sounded good.

Will we see you at Canberra next year??? Maybe we'll get you into a 'D' by them dance dance whistle evil (you gotta promise not to 'customise' it though mallet ).

seeya,
Shane L.

well, maleny was my first cit-in and enjoyed it greatly. unreal to see so mant cits in one place thats for sure and a visit up gayndah to see hayezzyhuth collection was just the icing on the cake.

at cit-in i was rapted to see my first sm in the flesh and to see the tractions- gave me some ideas for my own when i start on it soon seeing as the ds23 looks like heading to sydney.

i wish my ds23 could have been there, i reckon it would have looked nice in the line up and been a treat to ride in on the kenilworth run. mind you, boris my slough 2cv would have probably gotten plenty of attention too- maybe i'll drive something at the vic cit-in in a few years time.

public voting is always going to cause some dicussion. people vote for what takes their eyes, does'nt matter about originality. my mate and i voted for bruce's gs- why? well, you simply don't see too many neat gs' about these days and it took our eye. we liked that blue/green cx turbo too but it came out for the day only and not strictly participating but thats just my view of course. it was very nice though. likewise, the ds23 pallas that won best ds, i did'nt vote for that because it had the hubcaps bolted on (like a few others) and the tail lamp lens' were not pallas items. beautiful straight car just the same i'd be proud to own though and the owner must be proud to have it in the shed. my vote went to the dspecial in pale blue with the white roof because it was so good everywhere i looked at it- i think it was for sale for $7500? and a bargain at that i'd say. with so many ds' it was hard to choose what to vote- all winners in my eyes though.

well done to all who took part and look forward to being there again in the future (maybe in a cooler climate!) and a distinct lack of accordions next time!!!

cheers
glenn.

Hi Glenn, I didn't see you there. I guess I didn't recognise your car. What were you in?

<small>[ 29 April 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: gibgib ]</small>

hi,

well, unfortunately i was there in a ba falcon rent a rocket my mate hired. great car- 31,000km and the transmission is flaring and banging like a bugger. read the manual and find it's a sealed unit! what sort of shit are we building these days! wish i had my ds23 pallas there- a few can rubbish the bw35 auto but at least you can check the oil level, adjust the bands and if necessary, rebuild it. never been a falcon fan once the xy's finished and this has'nt done ford any favours. they are only any good as fleet cars for 30,000km and then poor old joe public buys them when all the real problems start...

was hard to catch up with people, spent so much time examining cars, taking photos etc. seen you craig but never got the chance to introduce myself as you seemed to be flat out most of the time which is understandable. will hopefully see you all in the future at another when i hopefully either have maigret my light 15 finished or boris the slough 2cv on the road.

great event, great cars and most enjoyable- as were the women up on the sunshine coast, especially the gorgeous pair in the triumph motorcycle dealership! mind you, the bundy distillery was great too (what i can remember of it) and as for the gayndah gang collection, magnifique! rapt that i've now seen myself an sm and ds decaps up close and personal.

cheers
glenn.