307 rear brakes

Yellow Diamond

Tadpole
Having trouble retracting the piston on the rear brakes of my 307. Anyone tell me please whether they are the same arrangement as 504/5; as in, rotate the piston to disengage the handbrake adjustor, retract the piston back, then, rotate the piston the reengage the adjustor, or are there other tricks to it??
Thanks

It is very tricky to do. I use a tool made for the job. Much easier than a big screw driver, 240lb's of handsome mechanic and 12" shifter.
The pistons turn clockwise in . Undo the bleeder, turn the piston clockwise until it stops retreating and the piston is back to the caliper face. Then position the cut outs on the piston North/South to the stub axle centre line.
The tool is available from Repco, etc. The disc could be out of parallel, too. 504's were just the ticket, weren't they? Just needed more low down torque. I loved my Injection 504, just magic.

Stew, thanks for that, I gather, then, that the piston is rotated and pushed at the same time?-maybe I need to lash out and buy the proper tool, instead of doing with a piece of steel with a cut out to accommodate the piston cut-outs and a G-clamp!
Still miss my 504s and 505s, like so many people, though never had experience with the injected 504 models. Thanks again