Code readers and diagagnostic gagets

I wonder if it would work under VirtualBox. I presume the cables connect via USB and the USB support on VirtualBox has improved. Either that or installing XP on a separate partition.

Nah, I'll just leave it gathering dust in a corner. It can be a "dedicated lexia" notebook that I don't bother to use for anything else...... Except maybe etax that also won't run under linux :)

seeya,
Shane L.

I had the brisbane dealer run a diagnostic on my c2 just today, cost me $152.

they did a little tinkering with it and it's all sorted... for now.

So did I yesterday, cost $158 for C5Hdi gearbox ECU initialization, had 'em check the throttle potentiometer as well, shifts ok when I picked it up and getting smoother with the more Ks I do. But it still doesn't shift down through the box under braking deceleration, such as when approaching traffic lights, which it has always done. :banana:

I had the brisbane dealer run a diagnostic on my c2 just today, cost me $152.

they did a little tinkering with it and it's all sorted... for now.

So did I yesterday, cost $158 for C5Hdi gearbox ECU initialization, had 'em check the throttle potentiometer as well, shifts ok when I picked it up and getting smoother with the more Ks I do. But it still doesn't shift down through the box under braking deceleration, such as when approaching traffic lights, which it has always done. :banana:

Message me the last eight of your VIN and I'll return you the key cutting code, radio code (if there is) and the BSI access code within 36 hours. This is the "sooper-dooper topsy-wopsy big secret" stuff your dealer is stroking themselves about.

Yeh done that, good stuff.

So what beats me is they did a road test and said nothing about no converter lock, nothing about it picking 4th gear way too early and nothing about change down under decelleration. I mean what kind of diagnostic road test is that. And had the hide to say changes are all right and there are no errors to report. It's a good thing I didn't have a flat tyre or they wouldn't have reported that either. So it's gone back to where we started now, complete waste of $$$$. Where do they find these tecmissin's ex wrecking yard staff I reckon. Am I pissed off you becher.:mad: The road tester must drive a cab at night, the turkey.:2cents:

Question to addo++ Can the original ECU be reprogramed, ie, written over with the same program, or does it first have to be verginalized some how. :cheers:

Yeh done that, good stuff.

So what beats me is they did a road test and said nothing about no converter lock, nothing about it picking 4th gear way too early and nothing about change down under decelleration. I mean what kind of diagnostic road test is that. And had the hide to say changes are all right and there are no errors to report. It's a good thing I didn't have a flat tyre or they wouldn't have reported that either. So it's gone back to where we started now, complete waste of $$$$. Where do they find these tecmissin's ex wrecking yard staff I reckon. Am I pissed off you becher.:mad: The road tester must drive a cab at night, the turkey.:2cents:

Question to addo++ Can the original ECU be reprogramed, ie, written over with the same program, or does it first have to be verginalized some how. :cheers:

I'm not sure why you would be surprised. How many poeple would notice these issues when the car is returned. Most people would drive it until it didn't move when put into "D" before noticing any problems :)

If Addo isn't sure about the ECU, it's probably worth asking on the french car forum.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum

these cars are "old bangers" in the UK now, so there will be plenty of people doing DIY on them.

With the lexias.... I've grabbed this one:

http://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/#/...-must-have-if-you-own-Peugeot-Cotroen/1218343

I have no doubt the identical thing is on ebay for a LOT less. However this guy has sold quite a few to people on the french car forum, and they seem happy with it. As I need to use it, I decided to pay a little more and get something that others have tested already.

This one caught my eye, the most expensive possibly on ebay .... but look at the diagbox version it comes with :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lexia-3-...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a7173a5c8#ht_1556wt_952

the only problem is I have no idea what the different versions mean :clown:

seeya,
Shane L.

My usual code feeder let me down. I've been stewing on this for a couple of days.

You cannot overwrite an existing firmware with one that does not have a superseding date encoded. This was proven by one of the informed UK blokes who had - he reckoned - a blighted version of autobox firmware (unfortunately the newest incarnation possible). The only way to do this, is virginising the ECU in question - in short, clearing the EEPROM, but I don't know whether it is wholly cleared or whether some basic stuff is put back in!

That's for the present, where I defer to places like BBA-Reman.

Due to a rise in FAP type inquiries, a Galetto cable and other related software is looking like another useful tool.

My usual code feeder let me down. I've been stewing on this for a couple of days.

You cannot overwrite an existing firmware with one that does not have a superseding date encoded. This was proven by one of the informed UK blokes who had - he reckoned - a blighted version of autobox firmware (unfortunately the newest incarnation possible). The only way to do this, is virginising the ECU in question - in short, clearing the EEPROM, but I don't know whether it is wholly cleared or whether some basic stuff is put back in!

Due to a rise in FAP type inquiries, a Galetto cable and other related software is looking like another useful tool.

If an electrically written electrically erased prom and it's on socket many times it can be erased without tools.

Check the power pins 'tho. Normally they are at diagonals. If this is the case plug the EEPROM in backwards and power up for nanosecond. It's guaranteed to default it, by virtue of discharging the in built capacitor which battery backs the memory.

You must be sure it's capacitor backed 'tho.

This worked for 20 years odd for me when installers tried to "lock" me out of programming their alarm systems.

It's tough love for EEPROM but sometimes the end justifies the means.

Be aware it's a true default all locations have zeroes written to them. Banish the hope of having any operational firmware or boot loader available after this procedure on the EEPROM.:headbang:

yeah that's typical, the c2 has always been a pain in stop/start traffic, has a habit of changing down to first when I stop and not engaging the clutch when I need to take off, the software update it had 6 years ago was supposed to stop this issue, also every once in a while it knocks itself into manual mode for no reason, nothing quite like hitting the redline in 3rd while entering the m1 waiting for it to change when it has decided to do this :mad:

yeah that's typical, the c2 has always been a pain in stop/start traffic, has a habit of changing down to first when I stop and not engaging the clutch when I need to take off, the software update it had 6 years ago was supposed to stop this issue, also every once in a while it knocks itself into manual mode for no reason, nothing quite like hitting the redline in 3rd while entering the m1 waiting for it to change when it has decided to do this :mad:

Oh yeah had that, and a future citizen trying to drive through the driver side door when this happened after moving into the intersection. Evidently I was over the 100 mtrs distance necessary for him to see anything so he just kept coming and me with a dead C5. Good thing these old bangers, as shane L put it, are built strong around the cabin capsule. New door that's all.
:cheers:

Try this site they're cheap: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-g...2011-version-lexia-3-v47-v24-wholesalers.html

Shanadoo, I messaged you the BSI access code a tad earlier.

When I filled up the Xantia yesterday, it cost $110. Lexia prices are getting closer to just one tank of fuel.

Galletto fakes are cheap, one of my correspondents had been offered a subscription service for something more genuine at £2K/yr plus £150+VAT per off-the-shelf map sent down the line to him. So long as I can hoover up the original map and reinstall it, the cheapies must be worth a crack...

Shanadoo, I messaged you the BSI access code a tad earlier.

When I filled up the Xantia yesterday, it cost $110. Lexia prices are getting closer to just one tank of fuel.

Galletto fakes are cheap, one of my correspondents had been offered a subscription service for something more genuine at £2K/yr plus £150+VAT per off-the-shelf map sent down the line to him. So long as I can hoover up the original map and reinstall it, the cheapies must be worth a crack...

Thanks again addo, messaged an answer, but for the readers, here's the extra bit, if anyone wants to buy the key security card with a manual key plus 3 remotes [one dud] it's $2500 as is where is and I'll throw in a free C5 Hdi.

Don't all rush now, there's a few days to go on the sale. Just bring cash. :cheers:

Aliexpress is OK, you can use reasonably secure payment approaches but it's very much "caveat emptor" in terms of the goods you get.

Aliexpress is OK, you can use reasonably secure payment approaches but it's very much "caveat emptor" in terms of the goods you get.

Yeah so true, But still thinking about selling the beast though, no fun driving it the way it is. Tho don't reckon I'll get much for it, but then again the average driver wouldn't notice unless he had something to compare it to, so there's some hope. Think I might upgrade to a DS. :joker:

I've successfully purchased (and had success with) a Diagbox device from Aliexpress.

It was cheap, painless and fruitful.

Lion Heart

For those who own frenchies with the PSA/BMW 1.6 petrol turbo engine, there is a reasonably good solution available from eTuners.

You need an ELM327 device (not bluetooth) from a seller of your choice and the free LionHeart software from the eTuners forum (unfortunately it only runs on XP) and you have an excellent diagnostic solution for very little outlay.

Unfortunately, it does not currently work with the very latest models with this engine:

Citroen C5 1.6T (Euro V)
Peugeot 308 1.6T (Euro V)
Peugeot 3008 (Euro V)
Peugeot RCZ

...due to a change in software protocol, but works fine with my 2011 DS3 DSport :)

The latest version is 0.74, though it is still beta software.

still no closer with a solution, ECU dud, wife says sell the bloody thing, I thought about it and then aggreed, next day she changed her mind when she found out how little money we would get. Apparently I was all my idea.
God women are complex creatures. :cry:

Lexias pay themselves very fast!! I got a clone from eBay, works fine - hardest part is I'm not good with windows computers...

Pity the Renault CLIP is over twice the price, but one needs these things if you own a french car...

still no closer with a solution, ECU dud, wife says sell the bloody thing, I thought about it and then aggreed, next day she changed her mind when she found out how little money we would get. Apparently I was all my idea.
God women are complex creatures. :cry:

Women are not complex - complex implies there are answers, albeit difficult ones... Words fail again to properly explain them :)