1397 piston and liner kit

potentz

Fellow Frogger
does anyone know if the 1397 piston and liner kits are still available? also main and rod bearings. there does not appear to be any listings on ebay for these parts. can someone steer me in the right direction please.
cheers brian:confused:

Do you mean the flattop non-cross flow kits?

I'm sure there will be plenty in ZA

Regards
Frans

They seem to pop up on ebay now and then, maybe once a month...Type 'renault pistons' into the ebay search engine. They cost just under $400AUD.

Make sure you check the 'worldwide' box to broaden your search.

Rod and main bearings are always available.

You will need to be persistant but they are still around.

Yes I do, But we will need HarryA to give some input here.

Harry could you jump in and and give Eike's address or better still a price and availability from him?

With ZA's exchange rate it should be fairly cheap.

Hind sight............pity it wasn't 6 weeks back, the container with the Matra in should be here tomorrow according to the shipping agency.

Thanks
Frans.

1397 pistons

thanks frans,just a thought,doesanyone know if r12 gordini pistons and liners (77mm ) would go straight in the 1397 block. as there are kits available.

No go, sorry!

Do you want to go bigger and/or quicker? There are other routes you can follow if you want.

Frans.

does anyone know if the 1397 piston and liner kits are still available? also main and rod bearings. there does not appear to be any listings on ebay for these parts. can someone steer me in the right direction please.
cheers brian:confused:

Have you tried the usual (Caravelle, French Connection, Colliers, . . . . in Australia & Jacques in the U.S.)?

Peter

1397 Piston and liner kit

Hi Guy's

I'll make a call to ZA tonight to check availabilty and price on all the parts required
Just to double check, the 1397 engines bore and stroke is 76.00mm bore and 77 stroke

Cheers

Harry

Have you tried the usual (Caravelle, French Connection, Colliers, . . . . in Australia & Jacques in the U.S.)?

Peter

:confused:My money is on nope. LOL.
The amount of posts or threads you see in many forums asking similar parts availability questions is astounding.
Even old farts like me use 'google' first to find suppliers or parts.
Other really amusing thing is the amount of people who say, I couldn't find a listing on Ebay for it. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker: OMG, it is only ebay. Don't think they have a full monopoly on world domination of everything as yet :clown:

1397 Piston & Sleeve Kits

Hi Guys

I made contact with my mate last night and herewith some prices:
Prices are in South African Rand with current exhange rate of +- R7.00 = Au$ 1-00

Piston & Sleeve Kits R300-00 each = 1200-00 per set (20 Sets in Stock)
Big End Bearings various o/s 80-00 set
Mains various o/s 155-00 set
Full Gasket sets 300-00 set Temp out of stock

All prices subject to 14% GST Don't forget freight charges

Should you guy's be interested I would like somebody to put up their hand to be a co ordinator to combine any sales packages.
As you can see it is still very cheap in AUS $

I hope this can help to get some 1397's refreshed , we have not looked at 807 motors,but let's see if can work.

Cheers

Harry

1397 parts

frans ,i want some more power for road use. i happen to have both a 1289 and a 1397 which i can use for this purpose.

i already have a liner kit for the 1289. (1251 block)

the 1397 is tired and needs a complete rebuild

i have inlet manifolds and 32 dd webers and extractors.

yes i do want to go faster and and will include mild cam and lightened flywheel etc.

90 hp + and free revving is my wishlist. is this possible?

cheers brian

They are good prices provided the freight isn,t hideous.

Thanks for chasing that up.

Hi Guys

I made contact with my mate last night and herewith some prices:
Prices are in South African Rand with current exhange rate of +- R7.00 = Au$ 1-00

Piston & Sleeve Kits R300-00 each = 1200-00 per set (20 Sets in Stock)
Big End Bearings various o/s 80-00 set
Mains various o/s 155-00 set
Full Gasket sets 300-00 set Temp out of stock

All prices subject to 14% GST Don't forget freight charges

Should you guy's be interested I would like somebody to put up their hand to be a co ordinator to combine any sales packages.
As you can see it is still very cheap in AUS $

I hope this can help to get some 1397's refreshed , we have not looked at 807 motors,but let's see if can work.

Cheers

Harry

my experience (uk, us and france) is that freight doubles the price as a rough rule of thumb. Remember also that, in Australia, the 10% GST doesn't apply for goods value under AUD $1000. Combining too many sets will tip over this limit.

cheers! Peter

1397 Sleeve & Piston kits

Hi Fireblade,
It seems to me there is a lot less interest in this than what I thought originally.
If you are interested the company's name is Alert Engine Parts, check out their website and pick the Johannesburg branch and go to sales. My mates name is Eikie Kotze and he quoted me the prices.
It is almost impossible to talk to him personally, his is on phone sales which is high pressure,I hope you come right with the web sales.
I must say the price could be affected as I anticipated a lot more interest in this, little dissapointing.

Cheers Harry

r11 and r6 1400 pistons and liners kit

hi guys ,im sure someone knows if r11 or r6 1400 76 mm piston and liner kits are the same as r12 virage 1397 kits?
cheers brian​

000​