Wanted: Peugeot 403 Parts

Demannu

Demannu-facturing!
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi everyone,

My fiancée has (amazingly) given me permission to bring another car to the house to restore, with the intention of using it as one of our wedding cars in a year or two.

So the plan is to bring my 403 back to life. It's a 1955/56 model.

Fortunately the body is pretty good, but it needs a few things to make it look pretty once again.

Bonnet - mine has rusted badly along the front edge.
Hubcaps x4, chrome can be dodgy but so long as they are straight (no dents) (the ones that say 'Peugeot', not just the 'P'.)
Front and rear bumper bars - condition as above.
Peugeot Lion bonnet ornament - condition as above.
Exterior rear view mirror - I'm unsure what sort an early 403 is supposed to have?
Interior light lens
Serviceable lever-arm shock absorbers (or instructions on overhauling them?) x4 (x2 front, x2 rear)

I'm in Brisbane, but would be happy to cover freight costs on the right parts.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Arthur Lewis is in Brisbane. The 403 in his yard looks very sad, but apparently he has stuff on his shelves.....

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94207&highlight=lewis

And there's always Barry Stennett at Toowoomba. He does have 403 stuff. In the phone book it's under something like "Peugeot Renault spares".
He'll charge premium prices though, and it's best to deal with him by phone and get it mailed to you......time in Toowoomba
( and in Barry's yard :wink2:) goes at a different pace from the big city, and it'll take an entire day to get something.

Last edited:

I have a reasonable 403 bonnet lion and a stainless(French) front bumper and a bonnet

PM me

Hi everyone,

I'm still looking for most of these parts. I'd also like to add these to the list:

Chrome tail light surrounds to suit glass lenses (particularly drivers side - without the fuel filler)
'Peugeot' badges for the front mudguards (just in front of the front doors)
Stainless steel/chrome strip that runs under the doors, above the sill panel (both sides).
'403' badge for the front of the bonnet

I'm sure more will be added as I dig deeper into the project!

I have a reasonable 403 bonnet lion and a stainless(French) front bumper and a bonnet

PM me
PMing - again :)

Last edited:
Hi Demannu, I've a shed half full of 403 bits that need a new home one day, box of tail light surrounds including for glass lenses, sets of stainless body strips - some for early model, possibly Peugeot word hub caps, usable driver's door and sill panel, good modified dash, pale grey vinyl roof lining with period embossing, near new windscreen rubber (I'd want a 6-pack of Coopers for that), lined brake cylinders, good late gearbox top, etc, etc, plus some special rare parts and who knows what else buried under junk for the past 10 years.

Might take some sorting through but you're welcome to anything if you feel like driving up the coast a bit, I'm near Eumundi.
Feel free to PM, no rush here it's like Toowoomba :)
Geoffrey

Hi Demannu, I've a shed half full of 403 bits that need a new home one day, box of tail light surrounds including for glass lenses, sets of stainless body strips - some for early model, possibly Peugeot word hub caps, usable driver's door and sill panel, good modified dash, pale grey vinyl roof lining with period embossing, near new windscreen rubber (I'd want a 6-pack of Coopers for that), lined brake cylinders, good late gearbox top, etc, etc, plus some special rare parts and who knows what else buried under junk for the past 10 years.

Might take some sorting through but you're welcome to anything if you feel like driving up the coast a bit, I'm near Eumundi.
Geoffrey

G'day Geoffrey!

I'd love to have a rummage through your shed sometime. I'm busy this weekend, but would love to do it sometime soon. I'll PM you to work out a time!

If it is the same as 203, I have NOS interior light lens, and I think I have access to factory recondition kits for rear shocks (will have to double check that but I am pretty sure they are rear ones).

Geoffrey

I have an everyday driver 403 in Mooloolaba, i thought i was the only 403 owner on the coast! i would love to come up for a rummage. And also, if you still have that windscreen rubber i would love it, i want to replace all the rubbers when the car gets resprayed in the next month. Whats your poison, red or green coopers?

Peugeot Pickers-I may as well mention that I need F & R bumpers if anyone comes across some or has same.

Peugeot Pickers-I may as well mention that I need F & R bumpers if anyone comes across some or has same.
Ditto that. I need a good front and rear bumper for a 403 sedan. Mine were down in Bundy for rechroming and they got washed away in the floods along with 4 hubcaps and all my badges. Some of this stuff is available in France but I am holding out to see if I can get good stuff here. Doubt it though. Graham