DS temperature gauge sticker

mnm

Croak croak...
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Greetings all

a while back I approached Chris about the possibility of creating a temperature gauge sticker for the DecidedlySpecial's dash. I have the gauge but not the cute little symbol that appeared on later models. It urked me as the fuel gauge has numbers on it but the temp. side was blank..

9NDdx.png

Here's an original..

jLPOe.png

Anyway, Chris accepted the challenge and provided me with a multitude of stickers on 3 different finishes.. black gloss, black matt and clear.
Superb attention to detail...

8oxfJ.png

I used the clear one today, as it seemed the best match.. no discernible line when in place.. the black portion on the gauge face is 6mm wide.. so cut to size and placed with tweezers... couple of adjustments to make sure it was straight... it looks fabulous of course..:tongue:

fw3RA.jpg

Apologies for the pic quality, but he ipad camera aint the best. You get the idea though.

Chris, Mr Bibendum and I both say thank you! You are a true gentleman.

zUjq8.jpg

Matthew :)

PS. Before you say it... yes I am squirting at 4 o clock! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Always a pleasure Matthew, you are one that appreciates attention to detail :)

With the print process once set-up it's no more trouble to run a few extras, I must have hundreds now in stock on three different substrates :eek:

BTW, my Bib says hi to your Bib :p

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• 2CV 3.jpg
    2CV 3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 685
IMG_1354_1.jpg
My Bib doesn't have time to sit around and wave, he's always on the go! Just goes to show what a little TLC can do, because before I rescued him, he was unloved and abused. I found him one day, face down in the gutter, grimy and dishevelled. With a tear in my eye I picked him up and proclaimed "YOU BA$**RDS! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL TO A HARMLESS BIBENDUM!?" Anyway I took him home and gave him a bath and he came up smelling of roses, just as all good car air fresheners should. He did stop momentarily to have his photo taken here and asked me to pass on greetings to all other Bibs on this forum and beyond.

And if that looks like a home made black and white temperature gauge (modified petrol gauge) bodged in to look the part, it's because that's exactly what it is. A work in progress, needs a bit of alteration to sensitivity at the hot end. Bibendum and I are in agreement that one of those neat little temperature gauge stickers would go along way to helping disguise the fact. Any ideas where we can get one? :wink2: I'll post a few pics on another thread of what I've done (a bit cruder than R. Carlin's approach) if I can get the gauge to work just right...

View attachment 36520
My Bib doesn't have time to sit around and wave, he's always on the go! Just goes to show what a little TLC can do, because before I rescued him, he was unloved and abused. I found him one day, face down in the gutter, grimy and dishevelled. With a tear in my eye I picked him up and proclaimed "YOU BA$**RDS! HOW COULD YOU BE SO CRUEL TO A HARMLESS BIBENDUM!?" Anyway I took him home and gave him a bath and he came up smelling of roses, just as all good car air fresheners should. He did stop momentarily to have his photo taken here and asked me to pass on greetings to all other Bibs on this forum and beyond.

And if that looks like a home made black and white temperature gauge (modified petrol gauge) bodged in to look the part, it's because that's exactly what it is. A work in progress, needs a bit of alteration to sensitivity at the hot end. Bibendum and I are in agreement that one of those neat little temperature gauge stickers would go along way to helping disguise the fact. Any ideas where we can get one? :wink2: I'll post a few pics on another thread of what I've done (a bit cruder than R. Carlin's approach) if I can get the gauge to work just right...

I'll have to check stock, I only printed a few hundred and as you can imagine these are a 'HOT' item :clown:

PM sent :wink2:

Cheers
Chris