Motor Trimmer
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Motor Trimmer

Fellow Frogger!

Default Motor Trimmer

Hi, I have started a motor trimming business. I live in Lismore. I do casual teaching (HS - wood/metal/automotive). My web is www.oldschooltrimmers.com.au a basic website sayn what I do.
    Euro cars are my love. I've owned 11 VWs, 11 (soon to be 12) Pugs and 2 Renos. Iv'e driven DS19 and trimmed a Light 15. I admit to owning a Holden (I was 16 and stupider). I've owned a Ford - worst 6 weeks of my life!!! And 5 Bellets - don't ask#$%@^&*(^[email protected]#
    Give me a go - I will, however, charge money.
    I learned good from my boss, a child of the depression, old-fashioned values of service and doin the right thing by the customer.
    Give me bell on 0404053292
    Keith

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Default Lismore?

Hi-I am presuming Lismore in N.S.W.is where you are at-bit there are at least 2 in Aus. that I know of -so you may like to qualify that.

Pekay.

1000+ Posts

Hi Keith

Congratulations, and best of luck. No doubt you'll have a full order book very soon and be far too busy for AF (we didn't hear from Pugrambo for months when he opened his business)!

What do you do with sun-hardened leather? The top of the rear seats in my 605 has hardened and shrunk, and the seams have split. Do you match the leather as well as possible, and replace the shrunken sections? Or is it possible to rejuvenate the old leather?

Cheers

Alec

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry Pekay, l know there is a Lismore in Vic. l Suppose ppl refer to the biggest town without identifying the state. It is Nth NSW one. I'd still be interested if you had a job. I'm a Euro car / bike fan.

Alec you can't put back into leather what the sun has done to it. You can get pretty good matches these days. Sourcing small pieces of hide, as opposed to a whole one, is the key to making a job price competitive. I'd love to do the job. If you have more than a coupla days work I can travel as I have a VW T3 van with plenty room to bring gear.

Ta, Keith

1000+ Posts

Not quite ready for you to jump in the van Keith

Some time when I'm in Tenterfield I might bring my aunt for a drive down the mountain, and hopefully could catch up with you then.

Quick question - do seat covers protect leather seats, or do they just hide problems .

Cheers

Alec

Fellow Frogger!

Yes, they help. something like that would be better than nothin. If damage has started you can only slow it down. I've just brought a 2006 307 T6 Sport 180 and they have a leather dash. I will be making a dash cover for it straight away as well as a vinyl protector over the roof/cab down to the window line to protect rest of leather. The sun kills an interior

hey Keith..
    if by chance you come across a full set of 504 inner door trims over there, im in perth.. im keen and looking for some at the moment (almost at france ebay stage), but would love to keep the dollar in aus, old ones for a basic retrim, or good condition ones, would give you details if you needed to retrim, just keep me in your head i have a month to find some. cher

alex

Thread Information