Matra Jet 6 restoration. - Page 8
  • Register
  • Help
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Matra Jet 6 restoration.

1000+ Posts

Thanks for that. What tyres do you have on it at the moment & what pressures are you running?

Advertisement

cheers! Peter

(as a post scriptum: I love having an oil temperature gauge)

Hi All,

There is a fair amount of things going on behind my curtains, or shall I say "never a dull moment". The rego of the Matra to follow.

Peter, the tyres on the car at the moment is, don't shoot me, some made in China ones. I don't even know the brand. They are temporary until my son can source the alloys of his choice.

So, the good news is that the Matra is now warranted and road worthy. It passed the warrant with no issues reported. I would've been pissed-off if it did fail because the car is virtually brand new.

It is now at a stage where it can go to the upholsterer and soundproofed, carpeted and roof lining installed. The window alloy trimmings are still a slight issue at the moment, however the windows can be wound up and down at the moment.

The permanent rego number.

Regards, Frans.
    geckoeng, COL, Brianbcs and 3 others like this.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

1000+ Posts

Nice to see it registered. I think that my Djet V is registered as an "other"; so, when asked what it is, I sometimes say it's an Other.

(The rego people did offer to add 'Matra' to their data base but I said that it was a waste of time.)

Why would you want soundproofing in it?

cheers! Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post

Why would you want soundproofing in it?

cheers! Peter
    Peter,

The soundproofing will be part of the upholstery work. ATM there are only loose carpets on the floor (the stuff you buy from Bunnings on a roll) The hoodlining is non-existing because of the sunroof that we had closed in and the door panels look bad because they were made using a thick MDF type of wood. That causes the door handles to cut into the vinyl etc. etc.

I think it is just a step closer to a fully original restoration, a cherry on the cake.

The rego people had to introduce that name into their system and for us it is again just a bit more originality. For you that will never be selling your car, as you've mentioned before, it won't matter and can add to the mystery for others as well .

Frans.
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Thread Information