504 rebirth - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 5 First 12345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 504 rebirth

Fellow Frogger!

yeah opted to go complete fuel injected, still plan to carby another engine later on when I put a manual box in it.

Advertisement

504 rebirth-photo.jpg
    what im having issue with is where to mount the crank trigger wheel sensor and where to position the missing tooth in relation to TDC.
    at the moment I have started to fab a bracket to position the sensor at the 90deg "3 o'clock" location from TDC (looking from front of car) and position the missing tooth at TDC, hahah see just confused myself again - only cuz ive seen it done many ways, any help appreciated in this last step before programing starts

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoast View Post
    yeah opted to go complete fuel injected, still plan to carby another engine later on when I put a manual box in it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	58375
    what im having issue with is where to mount the crank trigger wheel sensor and where to position the missing tooth in relation to TDC.
    at the moment I have started to fab a bracket to position the sensor at the 90deg "3 o'clock" location from TDC (looking from front of car) and position the missing tooth at TDC, hahah see just confused myself again - only cuz ive seen it done many ways, any help appreciated in this last step before programing starts

What ECU are you planning on using? On most of them, you can set the offset of the missing tooth in the software, so it doesn't really matter where it is physically.
    Scotty

Brisbane, now with a garage and workshop again!

1956 Peugeot 403 - resto project - can you help with parts?

1969 Peugeot 504 - daily driver project

1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 2ltr square port

1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - retrofitted ES9J4S with Megasquirt 2 running VVT and 5 speed manual

2005 Peugeot 607 - Luxobarge / Land Yacht

2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - hatchback on steroids

Fellow Frogger!

I'm Using a link G3, it does have the features to adjust all that so like you said should be ok,
    Only thing I don't like about this model link ECU is it only offers group/ batch injection,ie 2 injector drives, I've busted my back setting up the direct spark only to have grouped injection, haha not a huge disaster but I'm sure it will eat at me in a few years.

We'll getting closer to take to tuners, is $750 about the av cost for a new tune?

Not sure of the cost, but you could probably do it yourself - or atleast get a base tune so you can drive it. You'll require a wideband O2 for this. Innovate make an inexpensive LC2 or MTX which can be got for around $200. Here is my ignition curve which you may be able to use easily enough. It's based on the Ducellier M45 curve (I think). Just ignore Kpa over 100, as that's boosted range.

504 rebirth-ignition.jpg
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo, Four Mikuni R1 carburettors, external waste gate, Microsquirt ignition, 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoast View Post
    I'm Using a link G3, it does have the features to adjust all that so like you said should be ok,
    Only thing I don't like about this model link ECU is it only offers group/ batch injection,ie 2 injector drives, I've busted my back setting up the direct spark only to have grouped injection, haha not a huge disaster but I'm sure it will eat at me in a few years.

We'll getting closer to take to tuners, is $750 about the av cost for a new tune?

What's the status on this? It's been a while since you've posted... Did you get it tuned ok?
    Peugeot 504 Intercooled T04 Turbo, Four Mikuni R1 carburettors, external waste gate, Microsquirt ignition, 5 speed.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread Information