Peugeot 406 SV refreshing!
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 406 SV refreshing!

Ok so had my car for a while now and its time to start making my project car an active project! I shall keep updating, slowly, and asking advice etc over the next few months, years, more? Eek! Starting when o return from this work trip.

Advertisement
    1998 406 SV

Tadpole

Default 406 sv

As a very happy owner I will look forward to reading this thread!

My first issues will be my aircon and my passengers window. What a bad combination to have issues with! I have to say though, although I bought it cheap with issues, I still prefer it to so many new cars I drive from rental companies when away with work

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-21.628931,148.198925
    1998 406 SV

OK, so I am officially the single slackest member. Hi, I'm alive, and want to contribute with this thread still. So, I have a new issue, I scraped my car in an ultra tight car park. Yes, my fault, yes annoyed. Bugger!!

But, I recently developed an issue with my speedometer. It would fluctuate between working, not working at all, not working under 40, not working other than 60 to 80. Also cars rev range was rubbish, very jumpy, especially when the speedo was flickering, and my PAS was acting up. So I pulled out my speed control unit from under/behind my glovebox and resoldered all the points on it. It turned out this fixed it up, obviously a very subtle dry joint. Car is now lovely.
    1998 406 SV

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gav_SV View Post
    But, I recently developed an issue with my speedometer. It would fluctuate between working, not working at all, not working under 40, not working other than 60 to 80. Also cars rev range was rubbish, very jumpy, especially when the speedo was flickering, and my PAS was acting up. So I pulled out my speed control unit from under/behind my glovebox and resoldered all the points on it. It turned out this fixed it up, obviously a very subtle dry joint. Car is now lovely.
    I replaced my speed control unit. Maybe I'll do the same with my old one and keep it as a spare. I hadn't thought about pulling it apart
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

They're not too hard to open, but not fun. Mine (unsure if theyre all done this way, I assume so) had been "melted" shut at the casing joints so I carefully broke this away.
    1998 406 SV

Thread Information