R8 upgrade project - Page 30
  • Register
  • Help
Page 30 of 30 First ... 202627282930
Like Tree435Likes

Thread: R8 upgrade project

COL

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Hmmm. Blue car - yella wheels? Got to see this one, brett. You might end up excommunicated by the fashon brigade for unholly colour mix.
    Check this out Schlitz, it will change your mind

1965 Renault 8 Gordini for Sale | Classic Cars for Sale UK

Advertisement
    FIVEDOOR, JohnW and Shoji like this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Um the current set is yellow too! They've been on for 6 years already.

I've never been worried about what others think.

Personally I think there is nothing worse going to a car show and it looks like someone has gone mental with the ctrl c and ctrl v keys, but each to there own!

So I started working this week on perfecting the cold start routines in the ecu. It's pretty close now to firing on the first revolution and settling immediately into a nice idle.

I'm going to change the intercooler to an air to water and run the radiator up front then it will be ready for a dyno session.

Checking the torque app this morning after 35ks to work in the traffic and it's showing under 8.9L per 100. I think by the time I get to a final tune it would be under 8 and also I wasn't driving it like an old lady either!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by brettr; 29th September 2017 at 10:08 AM.
    J-man likes this.
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

Fellow Frogger!

Very nice display, although Mr Plod could have a lot of fun with that print-out.

They have developed an annoying habit of downloading one's computer data after an indiscretion

Got a bit of a fright when scrolling through my GPS, to see it had archived "maximum speed achieved" . Oops

Andrew

Fellow Frogger!

External TPMS in.

Works very nice, pressure and temperature, and alarm settings for both.

Shoji likes this.
    BR

Building a race car is easy - building a race car that can be road registered is hard.

For any custom fabrication call Precision One Off Engineering - Sydney 02 4587 8666

I've seen some teams with those things. How quickly do they adjust / refresh?

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Fellow Frogger!

The reading is real time instantly. On a left hand bend you can see the RHS pressures rise as the working side tyres warm up under load. Some basic production cars have them too, the new Hyundai i30 comes to mind.
    Last edited by Bustamif; 11th October 2017 at 09:36 AM.

I've been looking at those things for a while, but was wondering how reliable they are. What I am concerned about is that they need to keep the pressure chamber open to the sensor somehow, hence a failure point introduced int eh system, and I am not sure what you'd do if the seal failed. Does the sender have its own valve, or does it just rely on slightly depressing the tire valve to read pressure?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Fellow Frogger!

Chris is right it's a live feed.

I've used it to settle on my running pressures. If I run 26 front and 31 rear and do semi-normalish driving then I get a pretty consistent 2 psi rise all round and virtually identical temperatures all round. So seems like a good split.

And yes Schlitz it depresses the valve stem.

And i wouldn't worry about introducing a weak point into the system as that is the sole domain of French car manufacturers.

BR

Tyre pressure monitors were also available as standard on some Renault models.
    This is a JA Scenic, no doubt other models have the feature available too.
    Doesn't tell you the actual pressure but if good/no good.

Renault_scenic_owners_manual_2000 2.11.pdfRenault_scenic_owners_manual_2000 2.12.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by REN TIN TIN; 12th October 2017 at 08:30 AM.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Page 30 of 30 First ... 202627282930

Thread Information