new 306 project
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: new 306 project

Fellow Frogger!

Default new 306 project

hi all im going to be fixing and doing a little tunning on my newly aquierd 306 sr 1.8i.
    im new to the 306 world so feel free to correct me if im wrong.

( just dreaming for the moment)
    after getting it running...

1. im planing on getting it resprayed in forrest green with gold metal flake.

2. body mods like some new nimrods, 306 gti 6 front bumper, 405 mi16 wing ect

3. some engine mods like gti 6 or V6 ( I WISH )

4.and some intirior mods such as leather new sound system ect..

this will be my drive around car whilst i build my dream 205.

i have limited time to work on the car so this build will go slowly but it WILL happen unlike some of the othe projects..

ill keep updating this when i can, sorry if i ask stupid question as i said im new to the 306 world.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

I don't want to belittle you project or anything like that, but can't you get a GTi for about $6,000 these days? I reckon that'd probably be just as cheap as, and a lot easier than, modifying your 1.8, particularly if you're looking at having a 205 project on the go...

Having said that, if you do go ahead with the project I'd be very interested to see your progress! Please get some photos up!

Cheers,
    Stu

Fellow Frogger!

thanks ill be looking into that, i havent seen any tuning guides that tell me where parts for this engine can be found. ( most likely U.K) i'll upload some pic's soon

cheers

gee's 6000 thats a bummer
    well thats what you get for euro-carsi guess...

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 205lover<3 View Post
    thanks ill be looking into that, i havent seen any tuning guides that tell me where parts for this engine can be found. ( most likely U.K) i'll upload some pic's soon

cheers

gee's 6000 thats a bummer
    well thats what you get for euro-carsi guess...
    The guy that runs Crankshaft Rebuilders here in Melbourne fitted a stroker crank to his XR along with Clive cam (Golf GTi grind I think). Goes much the same as a GTI 6 and more pleasant to drive with better ride and nicer interior. Also, better turning circle of course!
    These 1.8 engines in standard form have heaps of usuable torque even though the performance figures are nothing to get excited about.
    Graham

Thread Information