GS Pallas
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: GS Pallas

Default GS Pallas

Finally after the crash i am back and will be able to repost the restoration project of the 1978 gs pallas hee ha!

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Welcome back Lamoor, and I WANT PICS!!
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Default gs pallas

well after a long time away i will upload the photos from the commencement of the project so that there will be a sense of continuity, sad to say the emotion will be different.
    it has been some time now since i purchased the car, the cost has been climbing as i see the spread sheet clicking away in the total column, but the excitement of restoring a car that will be rare is an enjoyable process.

this will take some time to put all the photos and i will try to do this in an organised manner but it will depend on the time available. so here we go again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn3654.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3657.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3658.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3659.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3661.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3683.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn3653.jpg  

Default gs pallas

more pictures in an effort to catch up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn3688.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3689.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3694.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3695.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3698.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3699.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn3701.jpg  

Default gs pallas

more photos, to upload this will be a long process- i have been steadily trying to accumulate parts that i will need for the rebuilding process, the car is in bits as you will see from the photos

i am still looking for NOS GS pallas parts. no luck with getting even close a good condition or NOS steering wheel.

i will appreciate all comments good or bad as it will assist with the process. this car has good history and i have been fortunate to have the documentation and believe that i am the third owner from new. also this car has not had any structural accidents or been used badly considering the age of the vehicle. it is one of the last number series cars from 1978 delivered to australia.

so the rebuilding process will be slow and enjoyable as the journey will be more important to me than the destination. he ha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn3794.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3804.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3805.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3821.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn3824.jpg  

Default gs pallas

more photos for viewing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4056.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4060.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4065.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4070.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4075.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4082.jpg  

Default gs pallas

more pictures bored yet?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4084.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4086.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4090.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4092.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4098.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4115.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4118.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4120.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4124.jpg  

Default gs pallas

and yet more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4161.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4164.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4171.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4172.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4181.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4193.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4195.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4207.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4214.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4209.jpg  

Default gs pallas

its friday and i am sure i should be doing something more FUN
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4221.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4224.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4230.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4226.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4231.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4234.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4235.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4236.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4240.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4241.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    more pictures bored yet?

These kinds of restorations are never boreing to those of us who are undergoing the same sort of self indulgence that is required to pull off a major restoration like yours.

Once this resto is finished, you can enjoy driving her with a big grin because no-one will know what you had to do to get her back to this state, just you.......Please keep those pictures coming.

Graham

Default gs pallas

more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4242.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4246.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4248.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4249.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4251.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4254.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4255.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4257.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4258.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4260.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4264.jpg  

Default gs pallas

they just keep coming we really have taken some pictures thanks for the comments so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4261.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4265.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4266.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4267.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4268.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4269.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4271.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4274.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4276.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4278.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4281.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4285.jpg  

Icon14

... not bored, more in awe

Must be cool for you to re-visit some of the work you have undertaken so far, I notice those pics date back to July last year - keep 'em coming

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Default gs pallas

and more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4290.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4293.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4295.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4296.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4300.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4302.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4304.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4306.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4307.jpg  

Default gs pallas

this is a marathon even for un tech me !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4315.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4316.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4322.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4326.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4328.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4330.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4332.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4334.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4336.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4337.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4340.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4344.jpg  

Default gs pallas

and still more photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4346.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4347.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4349.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4352.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4353.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4354.jpg  

GS Pallas-dscn4356.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4357.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4358.jpg  

Default gs pallas

getting to the end of the photos will have to do some more work on the car. just got the cowling covers from the painters will get these soon.
    well the last of the photos show the car going off to the painter where it may get lost in the maze of a panel shop as a "what the #@*&% is this heap of S%$^ so i will have to go through the whole deal of trying to educate them of its significance as a small car, again so ahead of it stime ets etc.
    hope fully this process will not take too long. in the mean time have been busy sourcing parts 5 speed cradle and also a 5 speed gearbox. so pushing it along as best as possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-dscn4472.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4479.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4494.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4510.jpg   GS Pallas-dscn4528.jpg  
    Last edited by lamoor; 11th February 2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: text errors

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

That's looking great !!!

Don't you have to modify the firewall to fit in a 5spd box ??? Probably best done before the cars painted

seeya,
    Shane L,.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default gs pallas

yes got to do all than and some more 5 speed linkage from GSA box and it will get done at the panel shop and sprayed. getting the box is the hard part. hopefully end of this month.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

That car is going to be gorgeous. For the steering wheel, here's a link that might help.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Default gs pallas

thanks for the heads up, i have been looking far and wide and my option will be a rare NOS that may come up in an auction or by way of word of mouth through this site or a really excellent second hand one or finally get my original one covered with leather by the upholsterer- last resort!
    i have the feeling that i will find what it is i am looking for just time ! thanks for the help will e mail then will e mail them.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    thanks for the heads up, i have been looking far and wide and my option will be a rare NOS that may come up in an auction or by way of word of mouth through this site or a really excellent second hand one or finally get my original one covered with leather by the upholsterer- last resort!
    i have the feeling that i will find what it is i am looking for just time ! thanks for the help will e mail then will e mail them.
    Hi Lamoor,

Persist in your search for a good steering wheel. They feel soo much better than covered ones.

Progress to report?

Cheers,
    Andrew

just for reference on leather, etc., of cit wheels;
    http://sellerieafleurdepeau.blogspot.com/
    and scroll down to 28 Aout 2009
    steven

Where have you tried to look for a GS steering wheel?

Can't remember if the Pallas steering wheel has a different chevron badge on the spoke to the Club... something you'd have to consider when looking.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Fellow Frogger!

Thank you so much for the photos will help so much in my work on my GS , absolutely brilliant of you to do this .

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread Information