GS Pallas - Page 7
  • Register
  • Help
Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: GS Pallas

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Icon14

We need a sticky thread for projects like this.

Advertisement

I envy you, Lamoore. I can't easily get another GS of my own, but I can seriously appreciate yours.

Goodonya, mate. I really mean that.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Default GS Pallas

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    We need a sticky thread for projects like this.

I envy you, Lamoore. I can't easily get another GS of my own, but I can seriously appreciate yours.

Goodonya, mate. I really mean that.
    thanks for the kind comments. we ( my brother and I ) have been at this since 2010 when the vehicle was purchased from Queensland. this was after more than a 2 year search. i wanted a good base with some reliable history and came across this one. it was also the colour i wanted so i guess the patience paid off. i hope that this thread amy also assist and motivate others to save older cars such as this. it really doesn't matter what car you like just the enjoyment of being involved in the process is good for soul. i think anyway. cant wait for the parts from the UK.
    thanks again.

Default GS Pallas

well the car is finally loaded on the truck and off to the upholsterer. i hope that i have picked a good colour as it was very difficult to firstly find a suitable fabric that represented the original. the reupholstered seats were fine but looked over padded , especially the front seat and so i have opted for a suede high wearing fabric that will give it the "pallas" feel and ambiance. also the colour will be caramel with lighter shade insets for the doors where the grab handles are located.

i know this all sounds "glam" but if my taste is OK then it will look much better than the way i got it. also it was hard to find a good upholsterer that has an appreciation for these cars. all the door will have new cards. so the
    extent of trim will be.

• hood lining
    • door trims inc new cards
    • A,B and C pillar trims
    • sound proofing in the roof, floors fire wall.
    • sides of center console
    • carpet on the dash panel
    • rear deck carpet
    • floor carpet
    • boot lining
    • bonnet sound proofing.
    • 3 week it will all be done.
    • the arm rests will be plastic painted to match the internal door locks

looking forward to getting it back, hopefully it will look like a car nearing completion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-img_2834.jpg   GS Pallas-img_2836.jpg   GS Pallas-img_2837.jpg   GS Pallas-img_2839.jpg  

Fellow Frogger

Does that fan have 8 blades? I have a 9 blade that is black and apparently for GS #95 544 576 and assumed they were 9 blades as I've seen them on other cars.

Default GS Pallas

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Does that fan have 8 blades? I have a 9 blade that is black and apparently for GS #95 544 576 and assumed they were 9 blades as I've seen them on other cars.
    Hi David
    your right it has 8 i will have to check, this was a new one it may be for 2CV etc. if you have the GS 9 blade let us do a deal. please
    thanks.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Lamoor,

It may be too late, but check with CX basis for original fabric.

I am guessing yours would have been dark blue? They don't have the exact shade, but there were are good range of other colours last time I checked...

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '71? Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Default GS Pallas

Quote Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
    Hi Lamoor,

It may be too late, but check with CX basis for original fabric.

I am guessing yours would have been dark blue? They don't have the exact shade, but there were are good range of other colours last time I checked...

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew
    thanks for the details and your correct they have some good stock however it is too late and no matter i will risk it. the colours i have chosen are good for my eye and we will have to wait for the unveiling. but it is done now and i trust that i have chosen well.
    thanks again for the info.
    regards

Fellow Frogger!

Cybernk, wasn't a blue wagon was it? Chris M

hi Q
    i think he/she was O/S

Fellow Frogger!

I can't really remember, but I don't think it was blue.

Any update?
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Default Gs pallas

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Any update?
    hi Bruce
    thanks for the question, the upholstery has been completed over a year ago and all paid unfortunately i havs had other very pressing matter that needed my attention.

i will get back to it before end of this year. front under tray has to be painted and then put back together registered etc.
    will post some pics when i get to the car soon.

thanks again

Thanks for the reply. I hope everything works out for you. As you might see in another thread, I've only just got back to working on dismantling a GS, a job I was trying to finish 12 months ago and in searching for information I came back to your restoration thread. Time slips away very easily.
    Cheers
    Bruce
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Default Gs pallas

the car has been patiently waiting for me to reclaim it and progress the restoration, it seem so close yet so far as i have a few other matter to contend with. had thought of selling it BUT so much work has gone into this that i want to see it through and enjoy driving it.

time money - time money- the mostly usual issue that face these projects. wanting perfection does not help as well.

the interior is all complete lower parts of the door require the carpet inserts, arm rests have been vinyl painted and look good. all are straight and in excellent condition.

thanks for viewing. note the GS Italian stablemate ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-img_7060.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7059.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7053.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7065.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7056.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7052.jpg  

GS Pallas-img_7057.jpg  
    Last edited by lamoor; 25th October 2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: added additional image

Default Gs pallas

car is in storage until stone tray is panel beaten and painted supposedly in two weeks, then glasses in and the car will be weather tight.
    bonnet hinges being blasted and will be sprayed as well. all other parts read to go lights rub moulds bumpers etc. nearly there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-img_7134.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7135.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7136.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7137.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7138.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7139.jpg  

GS Pallas-img_7182.jpg   GS Pallas-img_7183.jpg  
    mnm likes this.

Looking good. The cloth interior reminds me a bit of that used in the CX Prestige.
    Bruce H

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    car is in storage until stone tray is panel beaten and painted supposedly in two weeks, then glasses in and the car will be weather tight.
    bonnet hinges being blasted and will be sprayed as well. all other parts read to go lights rub moulds bumpers etc. nearly there.
    I am glad to see you are finishing the project, Lamoor!

Default Gs pallas

i have not forgotten to get back to the GS - was diverted momentarily with other projects etc. had to clean up the front and rear screens ready to install. took them to where the car was stored and placed them to keep out drops of rain that were coming in through the rear glass and damaging the parcel shelf.

BTW if anyone has a front screen rubber in good condition or NOS please PM me with a price. the one i have is split/damaged.

the stone tray is being bead blasted ready for colour and also the front drivers guard had the aerial hole sealed ready for repainting.
    i intend to get further with this soon. not much more to do other a small LHM leak at one of the unions and then assembly of all the bright work and register.
    few picture this evening transferring the glass form the back of the DS to the GS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-thumb_img_9677_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9685_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9683_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9684_1024.jpg  
    GreenBlood likes this.

Default Gs pallas

finally picked up the last parts that were prepared and sprayed ready for the assembly on to the car. guard has aerial hole patched up and NOS stone under tray bead blasted panel beaten and painted. will attempt to have the car ready for registration before the end of 2016 thats the plan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-thumb_img_9858_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9857_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9854_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9856_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9860_1024.jpg   GS Pallas-thumb_img_9861_1024.jpg  

michaelr and GreenBlood like this.

Tadpole

It is impressive to see the amount of work and dedication on your GS. Did you manage to get if finished by the end of the year and finally get to drive it on the open road?

Default Gs pallas

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    It is impressive to see the amount of work and dedication on your GS. Did you manage to get if finished by the end of the year and finally get to drive it on the open road?
    hi Gnome
    thanks for asking, i FAILED miserably, however as it is a labour of love and not looking at the time or the ridiculous $$$$, i am fortunate that it is in dry storage under good cover. i believe that sometime this year will be when it is finally completed. all that is required is the glass, front stone/under tray, front guards and bonnet grill and bright work. i have all the NOS parts. lots of higher priority matters got in front of this, also i really want this to be a stress less process so the journey is as important.

i have added it to my 2017 goal list so it is on the agenda.

i have got a very reasonable price to install the front and rear glasses now so i will keep this post updated.

Default Gs pallas

after a long break for various reasons the car was finally taken out of storage and reassembly will progress again. some pictures to show work being carried out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-unadjustednonraw_thumb_befc.jpg   GS Pallas-unadjustednonraw_thumb_bf00.jpg   GS Pallas-img_5694.jpg   GS Pallas-img_5697-2.jpg   GS Pallas-img_5735.jpg   GS Pallas-img_5737.jpg  

GreenBlood and Le Parisian like this.

Glad to see you progressing - my projects have all ground to an absolute halt.
    I know to some it will seem like a superfluous thing, but I'm so glad to see you painting the black strip on the bottom of the boot lid. To me a GS just looks wrong without it, just as a CX to me looks wrong if it doesn't have the black on the top of the boot lid. It's just one of those many little things you're attending to that makes the car perfect in the long run.
    Bruce H

Default Gs pallas

progressing slowly = cleaning polishing and so on ...... however it is starting to look the part.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS Pallas-unadjustednonraw_thumb_bffe.jpg   GS Pallas-unadjustednonraw_thumb_bfff.jpg   GS Pallas-unadjustednonraw_thumb_c000.jpg  
    Le Parisian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lamoor View Post
    progressing slowly = cleaning polishing and so on ...... however it is starting to look the part.
    Not long to go for the all french cars show in July Silverwater

Page 7 of 8 First ... 345678 Last

Thread Information