91 Peugeot 2.5 ET 70 turbo diesel engine - help!
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 91 Peugeot 2.5 ET 70 turbo diesel engine - help!

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of trying to get an old 1991 Peugeot 2.5 Turbo diesel engine sorted! :-) Those of you familiar with this engine know its a bit of a legend. Very basic, sold build.

It drives beautifully on the road, plenty of power and feels smooth. However, the engine is blowing white smoke at startup and idle. As soon as it opens up a bit on the road the smoke for the most part stops.

I've had a hard time with mechanics, although I've found one now that seems to check out as reliable, has a long history with larger diesels and is affiliated with Baileys. He suspected injectors, and indeed the fourth injector is leaking from the top. We have had them removed and sent to baileys for inspection who advised an overhaul but do not have parts.

So - please! Looking for help!

The injector models are KD LCR 6730704. I found this forum through searching for this model - @MacPuddock was looking for the same injectors or at least nozzles to overhaul injectors for his 505 2.5 XD3T.

Advertisement

If anyone is able to point me in the right direction for alternatives that fit this engine (Monark, Bosch).

I am also looking for an alternator for this engine as well - or recommendations for a place that can overhaul it (Sydney).

Thanks very much for your help! Even if you're familiar with this engine, would be nice to hear your experience.

D

DLM123,

I know zip about diesels, but I suggest you have a look at this site, if no one can help with a local supplier.

pompe à injection - injecteur - tuyau (2) - Série04 SARL

They are a good company to deal with, haven't had an issue with them in 7 yrs.

Cheers,

Dano

PS. There is an English option in the top right corner of the page, under the French flag.

Tadpole

@Dano - thank you so much for your help, I'll definitely check them out and update!

Tadpole

Just wanted to introduce the vehicle to the forums, hoping this is an acceptable post as although the shell is DAF, the entire drive train, gearbox and engine is french through and through! The Peugeot ET 70 2.5L Turbo diesel engine is the heart of this lovely looking beastie.

1988-93-daf-400-en-ldv-fans.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dlm123; 3rd December 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information