• Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By R8philSA
  • 2 Post By R8philSA

Thread: R8 Barn find BARNIE progress.

Default R8 Barn find BARNIE progress.

Hi Guys.
    Just letting you know that I'm still progressing with 'BARNIE' the 1963 R8 Barn Find.

Since my last update I now have a fully primed and painted boot area, primed outer body shell, 4 x R8 doors completed and today I just completed the new clutch installation to the engine. Slow going, so cold outside and in the shed and it effects my health but onward and upward. The way I see it every small thing done is one thing less I have to do.

Couple of pics to keep you interested. For those that are just reading for the first time get the earlier story from my Web Site: Phil's R8 Restoration Project

Cheers
    Phil

Attachment 106166R8 Barn find BARNIE progress.-dscn2706.jpg

Advertisement
    Brianbcs, J-man and CEyssens like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Looking great Phil! Reckon you will still be finished before me!
    Brian

Phil, you realise you can update the original thread rather than starting new ones each time?
    If you can’t find it, the search function in the Nav panel area using your username as a keyword could help.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    Phil, you realise you can update the original thread rather than starting new ones each time?
    If you canít find it, the search function in the Nav panel area using your username as a keyword could help.
    KB, I cannot see a thread, a collection of lint maybe. The scattered particles of fabric are however interesting in themselves. Some may enjoy connecting the parts of the puzzle if they have time and inclination.

At least Phil posts something, I am a bit slack posting updates on my Floride project.

Fellow Frogger!

Phil, is that the original flywheel and pressure plate ? I cant see if it has been lightened or balanced from those pics.

Brand new R16TS clutch Plate, pressure plate and throw out bearing from Sprint Auto Adelaide. Flywheel is original but 1Kg removed and then balanced with clutch assy.

Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Bustamif View Post
    Phil, is that the original flywheel and pressure plate ? I cant see if it has been lightened or balanced from those pics.
    Brianbcs and Shoji like this.

Thread Information