CX Prestige rescue - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: CX Prestige rescue

Tadpole

John, for sure we can meet up for coffee. Under that cover is a W126 300SE parts car.

CXVing, yes, we strongly suspect wiring issues to be the reason for the car being parked up. My assistant and I have agreed that we cannot put in a battery until its attended to. I think ultimately most/all of it will need to be replaced. So I guess I'm looking for a wiring diagram...

Bruce, I think I would prefer silver to the current blue. I will see if Standox still lists a colour formula for that colour.

Advertisement

To give an example close to me last week, it would only take one bit of the thermo-switch and fan relay system to stop it totally as it would overheat, full stop. It may not be a complete disaster, just in need of working through everything that should work and finding what doesn't. Actually, that would need a battery installed...... There are quite a few different wiring diagrams - I'd be trying to find a hard copy of a factory manual, but someone here will presumably know where to find them on line.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

So, today I thoroughly cleaned out the spark plug tubes in the valve cover, and removed the plugs. They looked good, indicate that the engine was healthy last time it ran. Lots of penetrating oil in the cylinders, and the engine turned easily (manually). I did discover that the ring gear is in a poor state, with lots of chipped and missing teeth.

Tadpole

I had my dents guy out to work on some customer's cars, and at the end of the day he spent an hour getting started on the CX :

CX Prestige rescue-img-20180106-wa0008.jpg
    CXVingtCinq and Vincenzo like this.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information