Default Ds pallas panel gap settings ??

hi people.

can any person please assist.

• WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO START THE GAP SETS ON THE PANELS OF A DS
    • START WITH THE ONE WITH THE LEAST ADJUSTMENT ?? BOOT LID
      • IS THERE A EQUAL DIMENSION FOR ALL THE GAP WIDTHS
    • IS THERE A TECHNICAL DETAILS DRAWING FROM THE FACTORY
    • WHAT CAUSES THE BOOT LID TO SIT UP TOO HIGH
    • COULD IT BE THE NEW REPO BOOT LID SEAL OR OTHER ADJUSTMENTS IE GUARDS SITTING SLIGHTLY LOWER
    • WHERE EXACTLY DOES THE SIDE RUB MOULD - BUMP RAIL SIT WITH RESPECT TO THE LOWER PANEL CREASE
    • NOTICED IT VARIES SLIGHTLY ON CARS I HAVE VIEWED ON THE NET
    • BEST REFERENCE I HAVE HAD IS THE 1970S BROCHURE ON THE DS23P

Advertisement

i have been getting my car re touched up to freshen it and the gap setting were NEVER really set properly so i am taking the time to get this sorted finally.

any kind assistance will be appreciated as there have been quite a few restoration projects here and experience is gold.

always wanted to get the headlight refurbished- not sure if they will be any better than when new or H4 which i know produces the best result. however i like the look of the DS headlights. will see if there are LED options for bulb. will also install relay which may improve the brightness.

thanks you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ds pallas panel gap settings ??-unadjustednonraw_thumb_c4f8.jpg   Ds pallas panel gap settings ??-unadjustednonra-w_thumb_c4f6.jpg   Ds pallas panel gap settings ??-unadjustednonraw_thumb_c39b.jpg  

1000+ Posts

Hi Lamoor the factory manual has specs, Op.d. 800-02, yes start at the rear and work forward, handy to have shims available or use washers to measure for widths to make adjustments in fitting.

the measurements here factor trim for Pallas versions as specified in the manual.

The job is more reliant on getting the lines right across the top of the panels then the gaps for a start as you set the top hinge heights then the bottom will pull into place with adjusting as you go along. From there you can adjust the hinges with spacers in or out to assist in making the panels ‘flush’ with each other.

rear panel height from floor (sill) to top of panel with trim 509mm
    bonnet top to floor (sill) in front 587 +/- 2
    2mm on lines such as tops of doors, and bonnet
    boot parallel with rear wing.
    2-6mm space between rear bumper and wing.

The gap on your boot could be the foam if new not crushing enough or you might need to raise the stay for the rear bolt on the wing to push the wing up bearing in mind it needs to stay parallel with the edge of the passenger door.

Lots of fun!

Not.

Also be aware of how the windows are going to press against the door seal. I had to reset shims on front door winders as they were out of whack enough to cause issues.

Time consuming but satisfying once you nail it.

ps for front wings slightly loosen off the rubber mount sleeves and take some vertical and lateral measurements for the two pins on tthe chassis, take those measurements onto the rubber on the wing refit and adjust, then take off and tighten and with trial error you should be pretty close to getting correct fit : )
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 12th November 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Thread Information