Little Silver 205GTI - Page 6
  • Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Little Silver 205GTI

Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Hi there CEyssens.

I'm admiring your work here and your photos are so big and clear.
    Can you tell me how you can put such big photos onto aussiefrogs please. I'm restoring a 1963 Renault R8 and would love to share some pics with other restorers to.
    Cheers
    Phil
    Hi Phil,

Advertisement

Thanks for your message, it's really good to see an old car get saved and satisfying to see it start to come together.
    I normally load up my images straight from my iphone using the Tapatalk forum phone app. I've used aussiefrogs phone app but had issues with it going off line.
    If I use the pc based web interface for aussiefrogs forum I load up an image with insert while typing a post. Then after I insert the image I normally see a very small version, so I double click on the image and an image settings box opens up, from there I can select a larger resolution format for that image (I usually choose medium or large size).

Hopefully that helps, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your project soon.
    cheers
    Craig.

Thanks Graig. I'll have a go a bit later, fingers crossed.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message, it's really good to see an old car get saved and satisfying to see it start to come together.
    I normally load up my images straight from my iphone using the Tapatalk forum phone app. I've used aussiefrogs phone app but had issues with it going off line.
    If I use the pc based web interface for aussiefrogs forum I load up an image with insert while typing a post. Then after I insert the image I normally see a very small version, so I double click on the image and an image settings box opens up, from there I can select a larger resolution format for that image (I usually choose medium or large size).

Hopefully that helps, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your project soon.
    cheers
    Craig.
    CEyssens likes this.

Does any one have a clamp that holds the fuel lines to the firewall, located just below the brake booster?
    Please let me know if you can help me out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel Pipe Clamp.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	103142

Fellow Frogger!

Sorry I don't have a spare one. Where is that diagram from it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    Sorry I don't have a spare one. Where is that diagram from it's awesome!
    Hi Warus,
    I use this web page a lot:

Peugeot Parts Catalogue

Excellent for looking up part numbers and seeing how it should be put together. I have lots of pages printed and spiral bound for use while working on the car, especially around all the water, oil and vapor hoses. Results for me were that the engine starting first try and is running smoothly all after having to put back every hose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20965e18b7c2309c1940c4b2cb3dc908.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	103148

1000+ Posts

Ah well my luck took a turn today, whilst cleaning up in amongst the leftovers pile (what maggot left of my car) guess what I found?

Cleaned it up and fitted it, hooray. Pipes still very close to those extractors!
    CEyssens likes this.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Ah well my luck took a turn today, whilst cleaning up in amongst the leftovers pile (what maggot left of my car) guess what I found?

Cleaned it up and fitted it, hooray. Pipes still very close to those extractors!
    What you didnít find two?! ha, oh well Iíll keep searching, nice work on finding yours, cheers
    Ps howís the dash in your red car going?

1000+ Posts

Sadly no, if i had and logically enough I inherited a few bits from others cars, multiple front bumper mounts if they are any use?

Slowly, top is done just need to get the bottom half fixed. Some more discrete fibreglass required.
    CEyssens likes this.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Sadly no, if i had and logically enough I inherited a few bits from others cars, multiple front bumper mounts if they are any use?

Slowly, top is done just need to get the bottom half fixed. Some more discrete fibreglass required.
    thanks Matt, it was a bit tongue in cheek on asking if you had another... good to hear you found yours. Not sure on the bumper mounts, I'll be refitting mine soon so I'll check.
    Last edited by CEyssens; Today at 10:20 AM.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread Information