Little Silver 205GTI - Page 6
  • Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last
Results 126 to 150 of 170
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Little Silver 205GTI

  1. #126
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R8philSA View Post
    Hi there CEyssens.

    I'm admiring your work here and your photos are so big and clear.
    Can you tell me how you can put such big photos onto aussiefrogs please. I'm restoring a 1963 Renault R8 and would love to share some pics with other restorers to.
    Cheers
    Phil
    Hi Phil,

    Thanks for your message, it's really good to see an old car get saved and satisfying to see it start to come together.
    I normally load up my images straight from my iphone using the Tapatalk forum phone app. I've used aussiefrogs phone app but had issues with it going off line.
    If I use the pc based web interface for aussiefrogs forum I load up an image with insert while typing a post. Then after I insert the image I normally see a very small version, so I double click on the image and an image settings box opens up, from there I can select a larger resolution format for that image (I usually choose medium or large size).

    Advertisement


    Hopefully that helps, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your project soon.
    cheers
    Craig.

  2. #127
    Fellow Frogger! R8philSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vista SA
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Thanks Graig. I'll have a go a bit later, fingers crossed.
    Phil



    Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    Hi Phil,

    Thanks for your message, it's really good to see an old car get saved and satisfying to see it start to come together.
    I normally load up my images straight from my iphone using the Tapatalk forum phone app. I've used aussiefrogs phone app but had issues with it going off line.
    If I use the pc based web interface for aussiefrogs forum I load up an image with insert while typing a post. Then after I insert the image I normally see a very small version, so I double click on the image and an image settings box opens up, from there I can select a larger resolution format for that image (I usually choose medium or large size).

    Hopefully that helps, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your project soon.
    cheers
    Craig.
    CEyssens likes this.

  3. #128
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Does any one have a clamp that holds the fuel lines to the firewall, located just below the brake booster?
    Please let me know if you can help me out.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel Pipe Clamp.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	103142

  4. #129
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Sorry I don't have a spare one. Where is that diagram from it's awesome!

  5. #130
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warus View Post
    Sorry I don't have a spare one. Where is that diagram from it's awesome!
    Hi Warus,
    I use this web page a lot:

    Peugeot Parts Catalogue

    Excellent for looking up part numbers and seeing how it should be put together. I have lots of pages printed and spiral bound for use while working on the car, especially around all the water, oil and vapor hoses. Results for me were that the engine starting first try and is running smoothly all after having to put back every hose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20965e18b7c2309c1940c4b2cb3dc908.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	103148

  6. #131
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Ah well my luck took a turn today, whilst cleaning up in amongst the leftovers pile (what maggot left of my car) guess what I found?

    Cleaned it up and fitted it, hooray. Pipes still very close to those extractors!
    CEyssens likes this.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

  7. #132
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Ah well my luck took a turn today, whilst cleaning up in amongst the leftovers pile (what maggot left of my car) guess what I found?

    Cleaned it up and fitted it, hooray. Pipes still very close to those extractors!
    What you didnít find two?! ha, oh well Iíll keep searching, nice work on finding yours, cheers
    Ps howís the dash in your red car going?

  8. #133
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Sadly no, if i had and logically enough I inherited a few bits from others cars, multiple front bumper mounts if they are any use?

    Slowly, top is done just need to get the bottom half fixed. Some more discrete fibreglass required.
    CEyssens likes this.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

  9. #134
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Sadly no, if i had and logically enough I inherited a few bits from others cars, multiple front bumper mounts if they are any use?

    Slowly, top is done just need to get the bottom half fixed. Some more discrete fibreglass required.
    thanks Matt, it was a bit tongue in cheek on asking if you had another... good to hear you found yours. Not sure on the bumper mounts, I'll be refitting mine soon so I'll check.
    Last edited by CEyssens; 21st February 2018 at 11:20 AM.

  10. #135
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Update!
    Drive shafts torqued up with new torque wrench (happy)
    Door latches out for repair or replace and then sort out possessed central locking

    Now that it starts first go and runs smooth I'll do the timing belt, tensioner, shaft seals, water pump, water wing pipe and RHS hoses.
    After an extremely busy couple of months and more busy ahead I'm changing tack and making the effort to get to the workshop a couple times a week even for just an hour at a time.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dr Evil Torque Wrench.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	104300

  11. #136
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Thereís something satisfying about removing a crusty dodgy part and fitting up an excellent condition original replacement onto a project car like this S1 steering wheel

  12. #137
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default Little Silver 205GTI

    Some updates

    Some more wheels back on


    The lock puzzle continues, all parts cleaned up, some replaced, some were missing or poor bodged items. Now getting it back together.
    Looks like the aftermarket immobiliser has itís central locking piggybacked onto the factory central locking, just deciding what to do about that. Start will be having all the factory equipment working.


    Prep for timing belt uncovered broken top engine mount.

    So the hot tip, if you are thinking of fancy mounts and havenít replaced or checked the old ones, maybe just new ones will be a vast improvement. This car has needed every mount changed with this one obviously the worst!

    Coolant pipe in poor shape, very thin in areas around where the hoses go on.


    Good to get a couple of hours in, all the timing gear came out without a drama, so next visit should see some new parts going back in.
    Last edited by CEyssens; 14th March 2018 at 12:57 AM.
    Codman and Matthew like this.

  13. #138
    1000+ Posts Richard W's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    I'm not sure if the phase 1 control box will be the same, but somewhere I have wiring diagram for my phase 2 central locking where I worked out what terminals to use to allow the aftermarket immobiliser to trigger the factory central locking. Will see if I can find it. It works well.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    CEyssens likes this.

  14. #139
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    I'm not sure if the phase 1 control box will be the same, but somewhere I have wiring diagram for my phase 2 central locking where I worked out what terminals to use to allow the aftermarket immobiliser to trigger the factory central locking. Will see if I can find it. It works well.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Richard, that sounds very helpful. Whoever did this to little silver put an additional central locking solenoid in the drivers door piggybacked off the factory one to simulate what happens when you turn the key. It must be out of adjustment or worn and just a bad idea as last time I tried to use it, it kept triggering itself up and down like a yo-yo! now I know why, but at the time it was pretty funny to watch.

  15. #140
    1000+ Posts Richard W's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Can you post a photo of your control module so I can see if it is the same? If it is, it will be mounted to the underside of the steering column, piggybacked on the lower column mount.

    Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    CEyssens likes this.

  16. #141
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Meanwhile over at the tyre shop
    Hankook R-S4 $415 fitted and balanced


    gezza and moeozz like this.

  17. #142
    1000+ Posts gezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bunbury
    Posts
    2,160

    Default

    Nice cant beat the 15s on a gti
    CEyssens likes this.



    1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue



  18. #143
    1000+ Posts Richard W's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    Thanks Richard, that sounds very helpful. Whoever did this to little silver put an additional central locking solenoid in the drivers door piggybacked off the factory one to simulate what happens when you turn the key. It must be out of adjustment or worn and just a bad idea as last time I tried to use it, it kept triggering itself up and down like a yo-yo! now I know why, but at the time it was pretty funny to watch.
    My notes suggest that wire carrying the "unlock" signal into the central locking controller module from the remote receiver is numbered 203, and the wire carrying the "lock" signal is numbered 204. On my car I removed those wires from the controller down near the steering column and connected up the 'lock' and 'unlock' signals from the immobiliser instead and, hey presto, the remote control on the immobiliser now controls the factory central locking.

    A phase one 205 never had remote central locking in the first place so maybe it won't have those same wires and terminals?

    I've got a spare phase 2 central locking controller box here that does have the right terminals if that would be any use.

    Here's a diagram for the wiring for the controller. I can also scan and sent my translations but it's pretty rough: http://aws-cf.caradisiac.com/prod/me.../boitie101.jpg
    Last edited by Richard W; 15th March 2018 at 12:24 AM.
    CEyssens likes this.

  19. #144
    Fellow Frogger! moeozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    Meanwhile over at the tyre shop
    Hankook R-S4 $415 fitted and balanced
    Very nice. Have they been refurbed because they look great!
    CEyssens likes this.
    current S1 205 GTI + S3 306 GTI6
    previous s2 306 GTI6

  20. #145
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
    My notes suggest that wire carrying the "unlock" signal into the central locking controller module from the remote receiver is numbered 203, and the wire carrying the "lock" signal is numbered 204. On my car I removed those wires from the controller down near the steering column and connected up the 'lock' and 'unlock' signals from the immobiliser instead and, hey presto, the remote control on the immobiliser now controls the factory central locking.

    A phase one 205 never had remote central locking in the first place so maybe it won't have those same wires and terminals?

    I've got a spare phase 2 central locking controller box here that does have the right terminals if that would be any use.

    Here's a diagram for the wiring for the controller. I can also scan and sent my translations but it's pretty rough: http://aws-cf.caradisiac.com/prod/me.../boitie101.jpg
    Hi Richard,
    Thanks that is quite helpful, it definitely doesn't have the original remote central locking, I'll have a look and see if I can patch it in without adding the factory remote module as then the imobiliser can be retained. If not maybe I'll be in touch about that spare module you have.
    It's always so helpful to hear other peoples experiences as it can take some time to troubleshoot properly.
    cheers
    Craig

  21. #146
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moeozz View Post
    Very nice. Have they been refurbed because they look great!
    Yes Moe, the new owner of Little Silver had them painted, they look very nice!

  22. #147
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Lucky the broken mount stud came out easily.

    BIGRR and phasselhoff like this.

  23. #148
    Fellow Frogger! CEyssens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Berwick VIC AUS
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Top mount buffers definitely due for a freshen up

  24. #149
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Use a 306 buffer, one piece and a lot simpler?
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway

  25. #150
    1000+ Posts N5GTi6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CEyssens View Post
    Lucky the broken mount stud came out easily.

    Looks like a crack in the bottom of the mount socket - you need to plate that and weld it up.

    Cheers

    Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •