Running duct to rear in a D anyone know the interior shape of the sill?
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood
  • 1 Post By Lasya

Thread: Running duct to rear in a D anyone know the interior shape of the sill?

Default Running duct to rear in a D anyone know the interior shape of the sill?

Hey guys, can anyone point me to a thread or can explain the interior shape of the sill where the rear ventilation duct runs? I get a hose through, but it gets tight and jams and I can get the duct through about 80/90% of the way (rear to front) but it stops. It's almost as if it has to go at the top of the sill till about 80% of the way then drop to the bottom before coming back up into the footwell? If it does, how has anyone else done it? Or did you just blank it all and not worry.....

Advertisement
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Lasya View Post
    Hey guys, can anyone point me to a thread or can explain the interior shape of the sill where the rear ventilation duct runs? I get a hose through, but it gets tight and jams and I can get the duct through about 80/90% of the way (rear to front) but it stops. It's almost as if it has to go at the top of the sill till about 80% of the way then drop to the bottom before coming back up into the footwell? If it does, how has anyone else done it? Or did you just blank it all and not worry.....
    I've not had to do this job, but whenever I've seen pictures it appears to indicate feeding the tube from front to rear. . .
    DS20 Teil08 Zusammenbau 2

Cheers
    Chris
    Lasya likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Got it! I couldn't run it front to back, it just wouldn't turn the corner down into the sill. What had happened was this car's been involved in a crash some time in the past and one of the internal buttresses has been damaged causing a nasty crease jamming both the hose and the duct. I had to make a special tool ( some tin cut in a long J getting wider at the bottom. This went over the nasty crease and the hoses ran over the tool. Bloody hard work though, I was gasping at the end...

Thanks anyone thinking of a fix.
    addo likes this.
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Thread Information