90 205 Gti Cherry Red(Track Car)
    1985 505gti (Shitbox Rally)

PBs:

Oran Park: 1:27:9
    Wakefield: 1:05.6 (July 2015)
    Eastern Creek: 1:54 (8v)
    Mt Huntley: 34.44 (2004 stock 205)
    Ringwood: 35.06 (30/10/2005)

Just buy the parts and remake the standard pedal box. You (Bluey) will do a much better job.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Might have a problem with headroom....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cam & Pat's 205 Race Car-1426139085819.jpg  
    205 gti-6

205 track car build in progress http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

its more a cocoon than seat, looks light.
    S3 205 GTI x 5
    2013 Fiesta ST
    2014 Audi SQ5

Previous: 1988 205 GTI Mi16 Turbo, Mk1Golf, MkV GTI , RCS 172 x2 , 306 S16, VW Bora V6 4motion

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    Just buy the parts and remake the standard pedal box. You (Bluey) will do a much better job.
    After much brain strain it looks like this will be both the cheapest and most effective option.

Quote Originally Posted by parry View Post
    Correction, they are Tilton

Part Number Part Description QTY Tracking Number
    Carrier: Est. Arrival
    TIL-75-625U 5/8 MASTER CYLINDER KIT (RE 1 210023215520211US
    IPARCEL-PD: 5-11 bus. days
    TIL-75-700U 7/10 MASTER CYLINDER KIT (R 1 210023215520211US
    IPARCEL-PD: 5-11 bus. days
    Cheers Parry - I don't think we will use the Tilton ones because by the look of it the brake lines come out the end and the fit with the gti6 engine is tighter. I'm pretty sure Wilwood or AP do shorty MCyls with both the resevoir and pressure lines out the top. They will fit better for us I think.

Thanks all for the brake info too by the way people. Don't think we're done with the brains trust yet though - we're just getting started!
    205 gti-6

205 track car build in progress http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

VIP Sponsor

I had a talk with the guy who fitted a pedal box to the 203.
    He used a Datsun pedal set and after looking at the 309 thought this would work in that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by patpug View Post
    After much brain strain it looks like this will be both the cheapest and most effective option.

Cheers Parry - I don't think we will use the Tilton ones because by the look of it the brake lines come out the end and the fit with the gti6 engine is tighter. I'm pretty sure Wilwood or AP do shorty MCyls with both the resevoir and pressure lines out the top. They will fit better for us I think.

Thanks all for the brake info too by the way people. Don't think we're done with the brains trust yet though - we're just getting started!
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 13th March 2015 at 10:52 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Pat,

If I was doing parrys again I would use the same cylinders but use banjo type hose end with a centre bolt. The minimum bend radius of the pipe took up the space.

The clearence won't be much with Parrys motor to a gti 6 donk. His is now an iron block and sits at the same height.

Nice seat.
    Adrian Wuillemin

Fellow Frogger!

Also, maybe get bluey to do a production run of pedal boxes. I would grab one
    Adrian Wuillemin

I'd like one too please.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

VIP Sponsor

Me too.

Great, hopefully we can make this work for all of us.

One thing I noticed with Parry's MCs is the bore sizes are very similar. Is the bias bar set up roughly in the middle? I ask because the difference in the caliper piston sizes between front and back is almost double using gti6 brakes.

Would we all want the same cylinder sizes? Let me know and I'll try and work out a bulk order.

Where did you get yours from Parry?
    205 gti-6

Fellow Frogger!

Summit Racing in the USA
    Adrian Wuillemin

Looks like Bluey will make the boxes for us, we just need to spec them and order the ancilleries I guess. I'm happy with the tilton MCs from Summit Racing with banjo fittings and a tilton bias bar and adjustment knob and cable.

What about you guys? If you're happy I will email them and ask for a quote.
    205 gti-6

VIP Sponsor

I'd like to stay with the cable clutch if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by patpug View Post
    Looks like Bluey will make the boxes for us, we just need to spec them and order the ancilleries I guess. I'm happy with the tilton MCs from Summit Racing with banjo fittings and a tilton bias bar and adjustment knob and cable.

What about you guys? If you're happy I will email them and ask for a quote.

Best to keep them all the same if possible, in order to keep costs down. I'm happy with whatever Parry has.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Me to
    Adrian Wuillemin

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    I'd like to stay with the cable clutch if possible.
    Yup, we all are. The twin cylinders are for split system front and rear brakes with no booster.

The clutch pedal will be untouched apart from new bushes if Bluey deems necessary due to play etc.

Gentlemen, have we got enough old pedal boxes lying around for me to take them to the workshop next week? I'm going to Adrian's tomorrow arvo so could do a pick up round... Maybe if there's a spare one for Graham too and he can replace at a later date?

I think we only have one in Sydney - Cam?
    205 gti-6

Fellow Frogger!

I have one, Peter has one. Will check for spares
    Adrian Wuillemin

Ill bring all i have from Bowral if I can. Might have 2 there and maybe another in Bondi.

Cam

VIP Sponsor

I got rid of three cars last week but can get a pedal box back , might have one sitting around anyway, I'll check this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by cam85 View Post
    Ill bring all i have from Bowral if I can. Might have 2 there and maybe another in Bondi.

Cam

VIP Sponsor

I found a pedal box, can ship it up if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    I got rid of three cars last week but can get a pedal box back , might have one sitting around anyway, I'll check this morning.

I got another over the weekend. Ill kepp you posted Graham if we need another one.

Cam

Little update.

Have been to see Huw tonight to be fitted up for the seat/steering wheel/ pedals etc. Having the seat as low as possible and also towards the centre a little. Pat and i are quite tall and the seat has to be set quite far back. Because of this we will need to make up a set of linkages to get back to reach us! ( or a dog leg shaped stick ) We have also lowered the steering column and extended it out for us to reach it. In doing this has left us with little option but to run a snap off steering wheel. Something we didn't really want to do but will make life a lot easier getting in and out of the car through the cage and having the steering column so long. Especially in the event of an accident.

There seems to be a big variance in regards to price on these items. Most seem to be aimed at the 'street racer' and are about 40-100$. The "real' ones seem to be 300$+. Does anyone here have any experience with these? Im happy to buy one thats is in the upper spend column on the budget as its something that needs to be reliable for obvious reasons! Lifeline seems to be the word.

The final cage design will be decided upon tomorrow. Huw will be talking with Bonds to make it as light and as stiff as possible. It will be seam welded in sections. Will also have some triangulation going on in the engine bay form the turrets back to the fire wall. Regs require them to be bolted not welded to the fire wall. Some plate will be put in place. We will be getting away with all we can!

In this stage ( stage 1 ) we will be lightly be modifying the subframe. To achieve a wider track ( at this point, not confirmed ) we will be moving the pickup points for the wishbones on the subframe to move the up and out a little to help gain as much camber as possible and also to keep the angle of the wishbone where we want it while still running the car lower. ( Stage 2 will be some sort of custom tubular job )

We are still in 2 minds weather to run a dash board or not. I like the idea of having a flocked dash to keep it neat. Pat ( and me really ) want no dash to save weight. Speaking of saving weight, we are planning on making some plexi glass windows and cutting the doors to bits too where possible. ( the frame inside the door that holds the window mech etc )

At the moment thats about it. Plan is still to run a standard gti6 motor and short ratio box.

Cam

Dash required for 3J and events based there on. ie CSCA. No dash required for MRA.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thought so... Get the hole saw out I say! ;-)
    205 gti-6

Page 5 of 17 First 12345678915 ... Last

Thread Information