Richard's 205 GTi6 project - Page 10
  • Register
  • Help
Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Richard's 205 GTi6 project

1000+ Posts

No, pictures of pistons , dial gauges, fluid glass etc I imagine are not yours and they all come up nicely.

Advertisement
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Ok - I need to work out why they work for you but not for me...

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Yea same on our site. Pats and my Photos are still up but the hosted version are not.

Matt, did u find a solution to them in the other thread?
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Richard,

Is this car out of Warranty yet?

Surely it is time for a 24month full ownership report. (Please)
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new

"Be reasonable do it my way!"

1000+ Posts

Bit hard now some thieving arsewipe stole my laptop with the solution to this on it. Hope that lovely car is working well.
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRR View Post
    Richard,

Is this car out of Warranty yet?

Surely it is time for a 24month full ownership report. (Please)
    Hi Robert

If it's out of warranty, it's on time rather than k's I'm afraid - definitely haven't had enough time enjoying this car, but when I do I love it. Fingers crossed, no major problems.

The front suspension crashes through bumps a bit and it's not exactly relaxing so my wife won't ride in it, but my 8yo son loves it, and every time I throw it round a corner i just grin. It also attracts a surprising amount of attention whereever it goes. I've lost count of the number of times I've noticed people pulling out camera phones to film the car, or people roll down windows to call out or say 'love the car' (or words to that effect) or you come back to the car to find people looking over it. I really didn't expect that. More often than not they turn out to be English - 205s must have been such cult cars over there.

Mechanically, as you know it has had a tendency to overheat. It was set up so water that went through the oil/water heat exchanger bypassed the radiator (ironically, lots of custom parts were fabricated to achieve this!). I've undone those mods and put the plumbing back to the factory lay-out which improved things a bit. I've also modified the radiator cowling and managed to fit bigger cooling fans, which has also helped. However, if I get caught in traffic with A/C on it can still get warm, so I may change to an alloy radiator next and, if that doesn't fix it I have worked out how I can fit a fan cooled oil cooler behind the bumper as well. But for now I'm just going to enjoy enjoy the cool winter weather.

Lots of effort has also gone into getting the A/C working properly. It's now got a bigger than factory condenser, new TX valve, evaporator cleaned and serviced and is running unobtanium R12 gas, so it is now finally pretty cold!

I may get it to a tyre kicking day soon. I will also make the time to do another Targa Tour event this year so it can be used the way it really should. In the meantime, if anyone's organising a decent drive or a track day, I'd be up for it....

Thanks for the report Richard,

My car suffers in the same ways you talk about, shocks (GTi-6) are crashy, wife hates the car, I watch the temp like a hawk.

Still a lovely torquey/zippy little car to drive around town in though. I have not seen another in daily use for a long time now.

I have the two standard fans ganged together (one is not enough) and they switch on via the Haltech at 90C and also manually. In hot weather the car runs cooler with the aircon left on (2 fans). Lots of comments about the noise, however they cool the temp down in no time.

My aircon has a bigger compressor than standard, robs the engine of big power and still takes about 15 minutes to cool the car.

Good to see you still love the car. It would be good to see your car again. Sydney all French car day?

Thanks again Richard for giving up your spare dash, it's about 10 times better than the one I had.

Robert
    Present fleet:-
    Peugeot 93' 205 Gti 16v
    Peugeot 73' 504 Ti from new
    Peugeot 08' 407 Hdi Coupe from new

Previous fleet:-
    Peugeot 95' 605 Sv
    Peugeot 92' 205 Gti
    Renault 72' 16TS from new
    Renault 69' 10
    Renault 71' 10s
    Renault 68' 10 from new