Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 25 First 12345678915 ... Last
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred17 View Post
    The service identified a problem (out of warranty, of course) with the right rear shock, where I'd had tyre shoulder wear. It is leaking oil, so now I'm on the lookout for a pair of aftermarket shocks. Only KYB and Bilstein appear to list them, and as Googling returns mostly UK sites, they are for the diesel model, which may be different.
    Have STRONGLY been led to believe that the Koleos and (new T-31) X-trail share 50% of their DNA.
    Koleos wheelbase 2690 vs 2630 Nissan
    Most of the stuff under the bonnet/underneath either say NISSAN or Samsung (Korea).
    Both diesels under the bonnet are IDENTICAL.
    Would assume the same for petrol.

Advertisement

Thus (and this is leading away from our site) look at these:

Petrol X-Trail
    Diesel X-Trail
    Shocks

Also Nissan DNA extends to Qashqai (Dualis) so there may be another option there.
    Have looked at listings of other parts and Qashqai/Dualis/Koleos/X-Trail interchangeability is common.

David
    Last edited by 85Fuego; 21st June 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: extra details

I put this list of Koleos stuff up when I first bought our koleos back in the day

these lot's of korean stuff out there if you search the korean sites a little blind language wise
    Koleos / QM5 Performance Parts > some interesting stuff

remember Koleos's are sold in china now under dengfeng and in India now as well... so maybe the parts and tuning will spread out a little more... Renault Koleos India - Renault Koleos Price | New Renault Koleos 2013 Reviews

German koleos forum
    Renault Koleos Forum - Das deutsche Renault Koleos Forum
    Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-image_210a1959788eb34a670d31f9d434913d.jpg

A question I have here is has anyone ever considered a tuning chip for their koleos
    Renault Koleos dCi Diesel Chip Tuning by ChipMyDiesel - Performance, Power & Economy

I would go these wheels if I had the money...
    http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/20_In...y_Wheels__2851
    Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpeg
    http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/renau...2_Koleos_891_8
    http://www.performancealloys.com/Car...=Koleos&mid=54

As a bit of fun I always liked this Gordini Koleos mockup...
    Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-noname14.jpg
    2012 Renault Koleos Facelift Inspires Gordini Rendering - Carscoops

Some odd points I have noted over the years

The Koleos has stiffer suspension setup than the Xtrail, I think it was 15% stiffer

Series 1 Koleos has power folding mirrors, I think some koreans linked these up to locking and unlocking system to automatically go in and out. The Series 1 - rev 2 Koleos did not get this option, it went missing, but you got sat nav etc.

Someone was talking about the accessory plug in the back of the boot, they only came with koleos options with the modularity pack, I think later this option became standard?.
    The $650 Modularity Pack also includes a forward folding front passenger seat back for loading extra-long items, adjustable-recline rear seats, a removable insert in the centre console, storage space in the rear armrest and a 12-volt socket in the cargo area.

Our Koleos is a
    2009 Koleos, 4x4, Diesel, 6spd manual, Met White, Tinted windows, tow bar, custom black leather interior, white stitching. We had the centre top dash silver ring replaced with the carbon fibre look ring to stop the reflection in the front windscreen as well. This was done by City Auto in Richmond at our request, they have done quite a few of these swap overs I was told.
    Welcome - City Automobiles Renault, Richmond, VIC

hope it helps
    Last edited by Covert; 21st June 2013 at 06:00 PM.

Your comments just jogged my memory! I have a 2008 Koleos diesel 4x4 auto with the same silver gismo around the centre binnacle. Having had plastic eyes fitted following cataract surgery, I always wear polarised sunglasses during daylight hours and have been unable to detect any reflection of substance in the windscreen. I venture to suggest those who see this reflection do not wear polarised sunnies. The silver trim just lifts off and you can spray it matt black or stripey pink very easily if you can't afford Polaroids!
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Default Renault Koleos - Wrecking

If anyone is interested, I came across this Koleos being wrecked for parts, it's in sydney... It would be good if anyone else sees a koleos being wrecked to post it, may help with odds and ends

RENAULT WRECKING and Parts for RENAULT KOLEOS 2009 from ASV EURO CAR PARTS

RENAULT 2.5I KOLEOS 2009 Wrecking , Parts, Auto Wreckers in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA, TAS, NT, ACT and New Zealand

ASV EURO CAR PARTS
    ASV Euro Car Parts - European Auto Spares

Now Wrecking RENAULT KOLEOS 2.5I 2009 4 DR WAGON
    Transmission: Automatic
    Drive: 4x4
    Engine: 4 Cyl
    Fuel Type: Petrol
    Comments:
    Dismantling In Our Sydney Branch 7/11/2012. Front Damage. Dismantling : Bonnets, guards, front bars, rear bars, gearboxes, transmissions, 2TR0700 engines, radiators, lights, steering wheels, air bags, seats, alloy wheels and more.

Maybe a specific forum this wrecking renaults, in this case koleos would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    I
    Series 1 Koleos has power folding mirrors, I think some koreans linked these up to locking and unlocking system to automatically go in and out. The Series 1 - rev 2 Koleos did not get this option, it went missing, but you got sat nav etc.

Someone was talking about the accessory plug in the back of the boot, they only came with koleos options with the modularity pack, I think later this option became standard?.
    The $650 Modularity Pack also includes a forward folding front passenger seat back for loading extra-long items, adjustable-recline rear seats, a removable insert in the centre console, storage space in the rear armrest and a 12-volt socket in the cargo area.

Our Koleos is a
    2009 Koleos, 4x4, Diesel, 6spd manual, Met White, Tinted windows, tow bar, custom black leather interior, white stitching. We had the centre top dash silver ring replaced with the carbon fibre look ring to stop the reflection in the front windscreen as well. This was done by City Auto in Richmond at our request, they have done quite a few of these swap overs I was told.
    Welcome - City Automobiles Renault, Richmond, VIC

hope it helps
    The folding mirror thing is common on vehicles for the Asian market (especially Japan) as their parking can be very tight. Our other car, a Toyota Soarer), has them and I'm pretty sure all Soarers made had folding mirrors standard.

Our car is an '09 Privilege (petrol only in those days) and got the Modularity pack std, didn't know the rear power socket came with that- we regularly travel with a car fridge, so lucky we have it.

First mod done ... New set of wheels

Kim Luck and 68 404 like this.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport View Post
    First mod done ... New set of wheels

Gotta luv that pearl white - we lusted after one, but it was next to impossible to find a Dynamique with it. Very nice

Personally, I have to say the 17" wheels in the Dynamique are good looking, and the thought of upgrading to 18" and the spare to a larger was too much trouble. The 17" tyre sizes are also becoming common in the light SUV class ~ $250/wheel. Also I think the ride in the 17" is stiff enough already. However if I had a Pearl white car, I would've blinged it for sure with gold 18" rims .. hehe

You know I had a thought today about the CVT - why does our tranny require so much fluid since its basically mechanical, and why does it creep like an auto at low speed? I'm thinking our tranny has a little torque converter for low speeds to induce the creep which must disconnect when it starts moving faster. The natural conclusion is that the torque converter shouldn't get used much at all if you do gentle starts - so the fluid should last for ages....which is why the manual is kinda quiet on the fluid change...

BTW the Koleos got a slight facelift, which was kinda released before in China - WE ARE BACK TO THE FUGLY HUGE RENAULT SYMBOL which we got in Series 1.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/06/ren...gains-new.html
    Last edited by Free888; 24th June 2013 at 05:36 PM.

I'm happy with the wheels that came on Privilege, they seemed plainer than those on the Dynamique, but easy to clean. Not fussed on the wheels shown in the link to facelifted model, they'd be a mongrel to clean, especially on the front as Renault pads are very dusty. Brown would be nice, the first model had a brown and it looked great, although not so well suited to the black interior of the Dynamique- it would have looked great with the Privilege beige- didn't especially want Pearl white as other car already that colour.

Not happy with what I found yesterday though- the ABS plastic on the ends of the scuttle (the bit below the windscreen) are breaking up. Two months out of warranty! Bits can literally be chipped off by hand, or rather finger.

Ignoramus.......
    The most obvious modification is the redesigned V-shaped grille that has also received a larger rhombus logo.

I'm happy with the wheels that came on Privilege, they seemed plainer than those on the Dynamique, but easy to clean.
    I started cleaning the fancy wheels on my RX4 and after about 10 min getting nowhere took a look at the OE rims that came with the car and it was a no brainer which rims to chose when I put the new tyres on.....The ones that were easiest to clean.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Fred17 View Post
    I'm happy with the wheels that came on Privilege, they seemed plainer than those on the Dynamique, but easy to clean. Not fussed on the wheels shown in the link to facelifted model, they'd be a mongrel to clean, especially on the front as Renault pads are very dusty. Brown would be nice, the first model had a brown and it looked great, although not so well suited to the black interior of the Dynamique- it would have looked great with the Privilege beige- didn't especially want Pearl white as other car already that colour.

Not happy with what I found yesterday though- the ABS plastic on the ends of the scuttle (the bit below the windscreen) are breaking up. Two months out of warranty! Bits can literally be chipped off by hand, or rather finger.
    Bummer that's bad quality control - typically these are cheap pieces. I would change this ASAP as may clog the holes. I had these plastic pieces go missing in the Dualis and it cost me like $15 to replace. Tell us how you go with the dealer to help you out - suspect biggest cost is gonna be labor to just unscrew the thing.

The wheels look like-two tone - machined face and black paint, which is like what we have on the Dynamique. Not too bad as most of the brake dust gets picked up on the black paint, and nothing a soft brush wont clean off. Takes like a minute for each wheel.

I was gonna say Brown is very classy in an Italian way, especially with brown leather - its a subtle facelift but the logo is FUGLY. In fact the only thing I don't like about the Series 2 is the logo on the boot lid, which is how they have done it on the facelift for the front.
    Last edited by Free888; 24th June 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Free888 View Post
    its a subtle facelift but the logo is FUGLY. In fact the only thing I don't like about the Series 2 is the logo on the boot lid, which is how they have done it on the facelift for the front.
    Pss. It's a lozenge.

jo

Or a Rhombus........

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Or a Rhombus........
    It has been described and illustrated rather more crudely. But then, it is French after all.
    I actually prefer the current grille to the new one and am therefore happy with mine.
    Bumper strips on the doors is a good move and improves side view. I have installed same on my Koleos, but they are black.
    Also like the colour matched internal front door handles. The chrome ones look cheap and pretentious. I might spray paint mine.
    Anyway, the advent of this 'new' mildly face-lifted model explains the bargain basement prices being offered on the current model.
    Not sufficiently 'different' or 'improved' however to warrant trading up. That is good as it preserves the value of what I have.
    And the engine is unchanged. That is also good news.
    Last edited by Breitie; 26th June 2013 at 05:26 AM.

I rather like the chrome door handles and other internal bright-work on mine! Otherwise it'd be as dark as the insides of a black dog's guts!

I rather like the chrome door handles and other internal bright-work on mine! Otherwise it'd be as dark as the insides of a black dog's guts!
    The reason we wanted the beige interior.... most cars' interiors can described thus. Our previous SUV had a black interior and the "fancy trim" was fake carbon fibre. Awful. I'm not fussed on chrome for interiors, I rather have woodgrain trim like our other car. Not an option on a Koleos, more's the pity, although in this price range it would be fake anyway.

Hi all, took the koloes on its first long drive, bloody great. Did 10.1 lit:100 performed faultlessly.
    Thought I would treat it to a bath and fit my next modification.
    Front air dam cover, I think it looks much better

Better angle.... Not bad for $100 off eBay, quick delivery from China, two seconds to fit.

Looks like a bought one! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Looks great! Better than my gutter guard job. I want one. Where do I get it?
    (cancel that - I found your previous post above with link to the supplier - done and dusted, thanks)

Now go along to the Transport crowd and get a new 'slimline' front number plate to finish it off nicely.
    I would change the front plates, but if I have these re styled, it's going to cost me $100 a year on my rego, I had thes plates since I was 17 ....it's totally wrong to charge you this fee once you do something to them....it's a rip off..... So they will stay as they are.

One word of warning, this dam cover clips in, it marked the paint where it clips over the white painted strips....it's a little mark but still annoys me.

It fits 95% correctly.... It does need some fine tuning

But love it, we'll worth buying I think
    Dom

Nice - I was about to ask how it clipped on as I saw some pics with zip ties. I have to say Breitie that our $5 gutter guard job is holding up well and still looks ok - cant really see it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRenaultsport View Post
    I would change the front plates, but if I have these re styled, it's going to cost me $100 a year on my rego, I had thes plates since I was 17 ....it's totally wrong to charge you this fee once you do something to them....it's a rip off..... So they will stay as they are.

One word of warning, this dam cover clips in, it marked the paint where it clips over the white painted strips....it's a little mark but still annoys me.

It fits 95% correctly.... It does need some fine tuning

But love it, we'll worth buying I think
    In that case, anyone with a dark Koleos, mine is metallic black, (I'd never own a black car) be aware that the undercoat is white and any significant marking will stand out like the proverbial dogs nuts.

In that case, anyone with a dark Koleos, mine is metallic black, (I'd never own a black car) be aware that the undercoat is white and any significant marking will stand out like the proverbial dogs nuts.
    I've owned a black car and also a dark burgundy one, and the burgundy was awful in outback WA- not just the dust but the water would show white rings when it evaporated unless chamoised immediately- a tall order when it was often 40+ degrees. Our pearl white car requires washing much less often... while it's dirty, it doesn't show so much. While we ended up with our second-last favoured colour (after black) it's an easy colour to live with.

Fellow Frogger!

Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-dscf1005.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-dscf1007.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-dscf1008.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-dscf1010.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-dscf1011.jpg
    Got my new grille, from China, seven days, expertly packed, including neat blue towel to polish after installation.
    Is it worth it? Perhaps not, as it can hardly be seen, but it is a lot more solid than gutter guard with zip ties.
    Fitted perfectly after de-burring some rough edges. I painted the white ribs matt black also. Looks better.
    Last edited by Breitie; 17th July 2013 at 04:53 PM.
    DrRenaultsport likes this.

Well nice to see Beritie, looks good mate. I feel ripped off ...i didnt get a blue towel !

So for my next trick .... i wanted rubber floor mats. I ordered them with the car, to be told on the day of pick up , they were no longer in stock and may never come back, bugger !
    So a few weeks ago i got a set from these guys

Renault Koleos car floor mats fully tailored for an exact fit

Anyway they turned up this week, looked ok but just dont quite fit. The lock down taps are out just a little, but they dont actually lock down and they smell really bad (cheap rubber smell). I am sure in time the smell would go, but boy its strong.

So i decided to go in search of some genuine ones, and i found a new set in NZ and have just ordered them ..... these rubber mats are going to end up costing a mint .... ohhh well live & learn. I hope these ones dont smell
    brezo likes this.
    Dom

Tadpole

Hi all,
    Have started to read through the topic....getting lots of tips. I was driving a Hyundai i30 diesel whilst living in inner city area, highway driving great economy and easy parking (shift work so mostly night driving). But moved to a rural location and after hitting a cow.....yes the i30 drove right under it, and then 6 months later a kangaroo thought I'd better find something a little more suitable. I now have a Koleos Phase 2 Dynamic 4x4 2.0L Diesel automatic. I was looking to fit a nudge bar for driving lights but now don't need to as I'll go with a light bar which only needs brackets, and will definitely look at a Shu Roo. The dealer was great to deal with so I hope that extends to parts and service as well.

Cheers

Kelly

Via the aussiefrogs App
    DrRenaultsport likes this.

Page 5 of 25 First 12345678915 ... Last

Thread Information