Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems - Page 29
  • Register
  • Help
Page 29 of 29 First ... 192526272829
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

I haven't noticed any strange movements in my fuel gauge. As mentioned earlier, I rely on the "distance to empty" display at the bottom of the speedo, which can also display amount of fuel used, average speed, average fuel consumption and current (instant) fuel consumption and distance from last fill if you set it at the time. With all these, I don't really need the distraction of a traditional fuel gauge.

Advertisement
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Tadpole

Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has put a lift kit on? If yes do you have pics? I intend to do a lot of bush camping on unknown roads/tracks, with a 2tonne trailer behind me (not actually 2 tonne will be under). What are the negatives of doing this (mechanic says i can get around 30-40mm lift, front & rear). Is it worth it (cost around $900). - Koleos 2013 diesel 4wd
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    2013 Koleos Privelge 2.0TD = freedom to go and do anything

Hi all. Just putting this out there for comment. My partners 2015 Bose has developed noisy drivers and front passenger door locks. The drivers always seemed a little louder on lock and is now marginally louder. The passengers side seems to now be following suit. The noise sounds like your normal Ďlockí sound followed by a buzzy rattle like Ďcontactor bounceí. Interested if anyone else has a similar noise. There seems to be be two different sounds. Clunk (lock) the buzz (rattle).

Many thanks Jamie

Car is still under warranty so will be going in for a sus soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chez Lozza View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has put a lift kit on? If yes do you have pics? I intend to do a lot of bush camping on unknown roads/tracks, with a 2tonne trailer behind me (not actually 2 tonne will be under). What are the negatives of doing this (mechanic says i can get around 30-40mm lift, front & rear). Is it worth it (cost around $900). - Koleos 2013 diesel 4wd
    Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    I think that a 38 mm lift kit based on X-Trail suspension bits is available from people like Pedders suspensions. You should note that if your diesel is an automatic, it's maximum tow weight capacity is 1300 Kg. 2000 Kg is only available for the very few 2 litre manual diesels imported.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Kix
    Tadpole

Guys, our 2.5 CVT 4x4's fuel consumption is getting worse and worse.

In town it's sitting at 12.8l/100km according to the OBC. That's eye watering to say the least.

Also fuel prices are hitting record highs in South Africa. Not a great combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post

In town it's sitting at 12.8l/100km according to the OBC. That's eye watering to say the least.

Also fuel prices are hitting record highs in South Africa. Not a great combo.

Sounds a lot. Are your engine and transmission functioning correctly? Tyre pressures? Parking brake?

Quote Originally Posted by Mase View Post
    Hi all. Just putting this out there for comment. My partners 2015 Bose has developed noisy drivers and front passenger door locks. The drivers always seemed a little louder on lock and is now marginally louder. The passengers side seems to now be following suit. The noise sounds like your normal Ďlockí sound followed by a buzzy rattle like Ďcontactor bounceí. Interested if anyone else has a similar noise. There seems to be be two different sounds. Clunk (lock) the buzz (rattle).

Many thanks Jamie

Car is still under warranty so will be going in for a sus soon.

Perhaps someone could confirm the sound their drivers door makes when locking? Ours makes a single clunk opening but on closing and clunk followed by the rattle sound. Always struck me as odd that their are two distinct sounds from both drivers and passengers front doors.

Any comments guys? Cheers

Perhaps someone could confirm the sound their drivers door makes when locking? Ours makes a single clunk opening but on closing and clunk followed by the rattle sound. Always struck me as odd that their are two distinct sounds from both drivers and passengers front doors.

One of the Samsung Korean mechanics may have left his change in the door well?
    Bustamif likes this.

Thatís ok Iíll sort it myself.

Iíve been involved in this forum thread for a couple of years now and have found it essentially devoid of useful information which is disappointing. If you are reading this posting Iíd suggest you seek an alternative source of information as this particular thread holds very very little.

Being a 12 year Renault Sport driver and 32 year Renault owner with over 6000 posts on OZ Renault Sport Forum touching on all things mostly tech oriented and conducted hours of hands on maintenance, servicing and modification work on my Renaultís it befuddles my mind that you being one of the most active posters here has pretty much said nothing useful in 2 years? I give freely of my time and advice to assist others.

Odd. On OZ Renault Sport Forum the community is strong and the helpfulness endless. Posting comments like this is something I have not felt the need to do ever. Itís a shame.

Iím deleting my following of this thread as itís essentially useless and Iíd suggest others do the same. Hopefully the Admins can start a Koleos Technical thread. Least that might be of some use.

Over and out

That’s ok I’ll sort it myself.

I’ve been involved in this forum thread for a couple of years now and have found it essentially devoid of useful information which is disappointing. If you are reading this posting I’d suggest you seek an alternative source of information as this particular thread holds very very little.

Being a 12 year Renault Sport driver and 32 year Renault owner with over 6000 posts on OZ Renault Sport Forum touching on all things mostly tech oriented and conducted hours of hands on maintenance, servicing and modification work on my Renault’s it befuddles my mind that you being one of the most active posters here has pretty much said nothing useful in 2 years? I give freely of my time and advice to assist others.

Odd. On OZ Renault Sport Forum the community is strong and the helpfulness endless. Posting comments like this is something I have not felt the need to do ever. It’s a shame.

I’m deleting my following of this thread as it’s essentially useless and I’d suggest others do the same. Hopefully the Admins can start a Koleos Technical thread. Least that might be of some use.

Over and out

Well, thank you for that. I'm just a 50 year Renault owner starting with a brand new R10 in 1967. I've owned five more brand new Renaults since then including those I have rallied. In all those years and cars I have not ever found them to be unreliable and have serviced all of them as required at my local dealer. I'm sorry that I don't fit your image of a whingeing Renault owner with constant car problems because in 50 years the only problems I've had have been caused by my own hand. If I had any more to contribute other than commonsense and the ability to pay my cars repairers I would gladly share it. I was driving a Renault 16 in Victorian championship rallies when you were still in knee britches, so don't try and give me any lessons. P.S: You say the car is still under warranty, why are you soliciting information from the Koleos owners group BEFORE you have taken it to your dealer?
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 13th September 2018 at 11:40 PM.
    JohnW and 85Fuego like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kix View Post

My Koleos can get double digit in around town also, and it is a diesel!!!
    Lots of hills and a heavy foot is the main reason.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

What an extraordinary dummy spit there by the good fellow who calls himself Mase. I am amazed indeed. No need for that. Just because no-one has ever listened closely to the sound our door locks make, does not make us unhelpful. To make you happy, Mr Mase, I promise to listen more closely to my door locks in future and report back. OK? By the way, a little lighthearted humour is allowed on this forum as far as I know. Nobody dies after all.
    jo proffi likes this.

Thanks for the support, Breitie! As I was foreman on the high line at Heidelberg putting R12's, R16's and Peugeot 504's together I know a little bit about odd things being left in odd places. There certainly were some tricky buggers in the body panel assembly area there!
    JohnW likes this.

Mine sound like.. click...ck.
    Same sound locking or unlocking.

Jo
    Last edited by jo proffi; 19th September 2018 at 08:31 AM.

Something else that might be reasonably apparent to people who can't seem to find answers to their Koleos problems in this thread is most owners don't experience any, not major ones at least. The door locking problems Mase provided are not in my recollection anything that has appeared on this thread before. If his car was a Citroen, or a Peugeot or anything other than a Koleos this thread might be full of unhappy owners complaining about the same thing. But it's not. I'm not sure Mase will find his dealership has ever heard of this problem either, but here's hoping they can sort it out for him.
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 18th September 2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Something else that might be reasonably apparent to people who can't seem to find answers to their Koleos problems in this thread is most owners don't experience any, not major ones at least. The door locking problems Mase provided are not in my recollection anything that has appeared on this thread before. If his car was a Citroen, or a Peugeot or anything other than a Koleos this thread might be full of unhappy owners complaining about the same thing. But it's not. I'm not sure Mase will find his dealership has ever heard of this problem either, but here's hoping they can sort it out for him.
    I'd agree with that.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

Default Pity

Iíve been involved in this forum thread for a couple of years now and have found it essentially devoid of useful information which is disappointing. If you are reading this posting Iíd suggest you seek an alternative source of information as this particular thread holds very very little.......

Iím deleting my following of this thread as itís essentially useless and Iíd suggest others do the same. Hopefully the Admins can start a Koleos Technical thread. Least that might be of some use.
    I started this thread a little over 6 years ago to do precisely that.
    IF, over the many years of being subscribed to this thread, why have you not added VALUABLE information????

Not everyone has all the issues under the sun in a car NOR do they all post answers to problems.

It is a RESOURCE not a factory repair manual.

As they say get a life, the world does not centre about you.......

The Koleos' power controlled side mirrors are not functioning at all.
    They still fold in when directed to do so via the rotary switch, but there is no control of their aim.

Fortunately they are in the correct position now, so I don't actually need to change them, but at some time I think the problem should get sorted.
    I've checked the fuse, which is Ok (unless Renault have done what they did on the Fuego and use a rather sloppy interpretation of what fuse controls what circuit.)

What is the next step??
    Is there an easy way to check the individual components of the system??

Regards, jo

Fellow Frogger!

Jo,

If the windows both fold in/out and both fail to be adjustable electrically then my logic says that the switch is at fault.

There is an assumption that the power feed is still operational for the switch, as why would you fuse separately, two different functions provided by the same switch?

Be wary of damaging trim.
    They cost a mint...........
    Kim Luck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Jo,

If the windows both fold in/out and both fail to be adjustable electrically then my logic says that the switch is at fault.

There is an assumption that the power feed is still operational for the switch, as why would you fuse separately, two different functions provided by the same switch?

Got the trim off Ok...same as the 225 Megan except not as sticky.
    When I pulled the switch out, It fell apart which was not a good sign.
    Nothing seemed damaged, but the fact that it fell apart was not a good indicator.
    I wish I had a padock of Kolei to pilfer parts from.
    Hate to think how much a switch is going to cost.

I should have asked today whilst at the dealers...Bought some new wiper blades as the old ones were smearing the rain water rather than wiping it off.
    Jo

COL

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    Got the trim off Ok...same as the 225 Megan except not as sticky.
    When I pulled the switch out, It fell apart which was not a good sign.
    Nothing seemed damaged, but the fact that it fell apart was not a good indicator.
    I wish I had a padock of Kolei to pilfer parts from.
    Hate to think how much a switch is going to cost.

I should have asked today whilst at the dealers...Bought some new wiper blades as the old ones were smearing the rain water rather than wiping it off.
    Jo
    Some here

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...witch&_sacat=0

and here

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...wCP=y&jump=afs
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Jo,

And sadly seeing as it's all French C-Bus it won't be easy to fix by chucking a random 12Volts at it even after you have removed the door trim. The connector is behind the top of the trim, but you are able to replace the switch before re-closing the trim so you can check the function.

Page 29 of 29 First ... 192526272829

Thread Information