Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems - Page 26
  • Register
  • Help
Page 26 of 29 First ... 162223242526272829 Last
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

Default Retracting Side Mirrors when locking the Koleos

Hi , just wondering whats the trick to retract the side mirrors when you lock the Koleos.

Dealer was able to do it and said simply put the remote in your pocket and walk away from the car. I have tried with almost 20-30 meters distance and it doesn't auto locks or retracts the side mirrors.

Advertisement

Any Tricks ?
    2016 Renault Koleos Bose Premium Auto 4WD MY15

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Extnix-Koleos View Post
    Hi , just wondering whats the trick to retract the side mirrors when you lock the Koleos.

Dealer was able to do it and said simply put the remote in your pocket and walk away from the car. I have tried with almost 20-30 meters distance and it doesn't auto locks or retracts the side mirrors.

Any Tricks ?
    Mine is an early model, you have to rotate the mirror switch to the retract position manually and then again to extend. Not sure about later models.

Sent from my SM-N910G using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Tigerman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Mine is an early model, you have to rotate the mirror switch to the retract position manually and then again to extend. Not sure about later models.
    Thanks mate, now that you have mentioned I think I did play around with that. I will try and see if it works
    2016 Renault Koleos Bose Premium Auto 4WD MY15

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat1955 View Post
    Thanks, Kim. After a regas, I get good cold air out of both sides, but it seems that as gas escapes somewhere, the passenger side only blows air, while the driver side loses cold air at a slower rate. I've got it booked in on Monday, so will see what happens then.
    So it appears that I have a leak inside the cabin and the only mechanical solution is to replace the unit, which is about $2000 plus labour! Mechanic suggested trying some A/c stop leak fluid that he's had success with before, so I'm giving that a go and hope it works for a while.

So it appears that I have a leak inside the cabin and the only mechanical solution is to replace the unit, which is about $2000 plus labour! Mechanic suggested trying some A/c stop leak fluid that he's had success with before, so I'm giving that a go and hope it works for a while.
    Aluminium evaporators can be successfully repaired with aluminium solder. Depending on the position of leak. Any decent radiator shop can do this kind of repair.

I'd think the labor content of the job could be pretty high so a new evaporator is good option. However $2k seems very expensive.

If second hand is acceptable, I believe French connection were parting a Koleos a while ago.
    85Fuego likes this.
    Departed the Aussie Frogs Community 14 September 2018.

The moderator/leader should not operate for the sole benefit of himself and his kind but for the benefit of the people at large and of the AF Fraternity and its patterns, as becomes what he perceives as fitting into place, into his sense of natural justice.
    with apologies to Judy Grahn

Quote Originally Posted by beaumobile View Post
    Hi all,

I've had my 2009 diesel 4x4 Koleos Dynamique for about 16 months now and it's been pretty great, especially considering the bargain basement price I paid for it. I got it with 110,000 km on the clock and it hasn't given me any major issues in the 25,000 km that I've put on it. It's a great and comfy little tourer and has taken us to, from and around Sydney, as well as all over Victoria without complaint. It's a very happy car even driving through peak hour Melbourne traffic. Yes, it's a bit of a soccer mum's car (what with the tray tables and baby mirror) but I'm far happier owning it than the run of the mill Falcodores/RAV4s/Lancers that I see everywhere else, especially driven by people my age.

There are, however, a couple of minor annoyances:

1) That turning circle.

2) Headlights are great on high beam, but on low beam I'd get more illumination from a candle.

3) The auto transmission must be one of the stupidest I've ever driven. As widely reported it only changes to 6th at 110 km/h which means I almost never hit it. I was told there was a software update available for this but my dealership said it was fully up to date when they checked. (Anyone got this fixed?)

4) A couple of minor electrical issues. It blew 5 globes in about 2 months, and they were all a right pain to replace, but this might have just been due to age I'm guessing? Slightly more seriously, I did have an issue where my dashboard froze entirely and I couldn't operate the trip computer, and my indicator lights didn't show up (although the indicators still worked). I turned the car off for about 30 minutes and it fixed itself, and hasn't done this since. Also cruise control cuts out on longer drives when going over slightly bumpy roads, which Renault says could be due to the ABS engaging, but it seems to do it far too often for that. Maybe worth checking the battery?

5) The driver side sun visor is basically unusable at the moment because whenever I try and use it, it swings straight back down and blocks my entire vision. Doesn't look like it can just be pulled out and repaired either. Any advice appreciated.

Finally, it needs new front brake pads and rotors. Dealership quoted me $700 for parts + labour, but with a mechanic in the family I thought that'd be a more economical option. However, the salesman at Supercheap Auto told me there are two different types of pads based on whether you have Sumamoto (?) or Akebono brake calipers, and it doesn't look like there's a way to tell what I've got. Even Renault head office couldn't tell me.

Any suggestions as to what type of pads to use?
    I envy your bargain-basement price, mine was new in 2010 and I paid full bottle.

The sunvisor issue is a common one. I bought the cheaper replacement without something- mirror I think. Had a fair wait as I have the beige interior. I stuck mine up with velcro for a while, as I'm tall I don't use it all that often.

I lived in the outback and now a small town and have never really noticed the "poor" turning circle. My other car is a barge-arse Toyota Soarer and it's not much different. Actually it has a fairly dainty rear end, it's the long nose that causes me issues occasionally. I'm pretty used to it after 12 years.

The globes blowing is a mystery, I've never replaced a globe since new, which is a distinct record for me.

I haven't gotten around to measuring my disc rotors, the car has only about 85k up, but I can feel a distinct lip on the rotor which is a worry, given my less than ideal financial situation (retired, very little work in Tas).

Hope you enjoy your Koleos. They're quite common in Tasmania, but most are rentals or former rentals.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Extnix-Koleos View Post
    Thanks mate, now that you have mentioned I think I did play around with that. I will try and see if it works

Did this work for you ?

I have a 2017 Koleos Intens and I asked the dealer after I purchased the car and he said that they did not automatically retract when the car was locked. I find it hard to believe that my daughter's i30 mirrors retract automatically, but not on the Koleos.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman View Post
    I have a 2017 Koleos Intens and I asked the dealer after I purchased the car and he said that they did not automatically retract when the car was locked. I find it hard to believe that my daughter's i30 mirrors retract automatically, but not on the Koleos.
    Don't be amazed.
    I sat in new C5 Mazdas and they have the same features as my 2009 Koleos?
    Some features are useful, others are not.

Take for example hand brakes.
    My Koleos applies its electric handbrake when the ignition goes off.
    Conversely, it releases automatically when one moves off.
    The better halfs BMW, however, requires you to manually engage/dis-engage.
    Price/age does not dictate/provide features.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerman View Post
    Did this work for you ?

All details regarding specifications and equipment, what you got and what not, were always available on the Renault website and in your car brochure, which unless a vehicle is bought for instant gratification are usually read in fine detail by the prospective purchaser.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Kix
    Tadpole

Good day all, from Bloemfontein in the centre of South Africa.

We bought a 2013 Renault Koleos 2.5 CVT 4x4 Dynamique (that's the top-spec over here) in July 2017. It is currently still under Renault's factory warranty until September 2018.

We paid the princely sum of R149 000 for it which roughly translates to AU$15000. Not sure if that's a bargain in your money, but it sure is over here. Seriously very little else worth while available for that money.

Our car currently has 107k km on the clock and we had a lovely family holiday with it in December over all kinds of road conditions. For the price we paid for the vehicle we are blown away by it's overall awesomeness. The ride, the equipment, the build quality.

Current complaints:

1. The wife has hip issues and she finds the leather seats hard and uncomfortable. She does better in the driver's seat with the adjustable height and lumbar support.
    2. My driver's sun shade also doesn't stay put. Planning to have it sorted under warranty.
    3. Had the brake pads replaced all round in December and since I have a knocking sound from the rear. Complete like a brake caliper that sticks and then releases with a knock when you drive off. I found it prominent when doing some offroad driving with my son this past Sunday.
    4. The plastic cover on the inside of the right front wheel that goes over the oil filter, etc. is missing. Need to replace that.

In terms of spec the Dynamique over here has:
    1. Leather Seats (heated in front)
    2. Dual Zone climate control (lesser spec has manual A/C over here)
    3. TomTom SatNav / Bluetooth
    4. Folding Mirrors
    5. PDC front and rear

My car has Pearl White paint and came with 17" Wheels which I prefer. She has 225/60/17 Hankook Optimo's on which in no way pretends to be anything other than a highway tyre, but has done surprisingly well on all surfaces.

I have read through this whole thread (!) and have found a wealth of information. Thanks to all who contribute regularly.

Here she is:
    Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-20180129_161028656_ios-copy-.jpg
    Kim Luck and tazfrog like this.

Tadpole

Hi,

Mine has gone as well, but I can't get the internal panel off with the bottom tailgate closed.. how did you manage to get it out? It seems to be clipped in & I can get so many of the lugs out, but not at the bottom, so the panel is hard to move without fear of breaking.I too tried the side plates with the 3 bolts.. but couldnt get it out.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by nixy69 View Post
    Hi,

Mine has gone as well, but I can't get the internal panel off with the bottom tailgate closed.. how did you manage to get it out? It seems to be clipped in & I can get so many of the lugs out, but not at the bottom, so the panel is hard to move without fear of breaking.I too tried the side plates with the 3 bolts.. but couldnt get it out.
    Can't really remember how I did it now but I think I got the panel off enough to be able to get my fingers in at the end & release the catches & was able to open the bottom tailgate, then got the whole panel off & left it off until Renault got the parts in

Fellow Frogger!

Hi All

Friend is having trouble with a 2017 Koleos. Google says to clear dash faults use the up/down buttons on the indicator stalk. Problem is there are no up/down buttons on the one in his workshop.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Fellow Frogger!

OK

All solved the buttons have moved from the stalk to the steering wheel, but no mention of it in the book.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Fred17 View Post
    I envy your bargain-basement price, mine was new in 2010 and I paid full bottle.

The sunvisor issue is a common one. I bought the cheaper replacement without something- mirror I think. Had a fair wait as I have the beige interior. I stuck mine up with velcro for a while, as I'm tall I don't use it all that often.

I lived in the outback and now a small town and have never really noticed the "poor" turning circle. My other car is a barge-arse Toyota Soarer and it's not much different. Actually it has a fairly dainty rear end, it's the long nose that causes me issues occasionally. I'm pretty used to it after 12 years.

The globes blowing is a mystery, I've never replaced a globe since new, which is a distinct record for me.

I haven't gotten around to measuring my disc rotors, the car has only about 85k up, but I can feel a distinct lip on the rotor which is a worry, given my less than ideal financial situation (retired, very little work in Tas).

Hope you enjoy your Koleos. They're quite common in Tasmania, but most are rentals or former rentals.
    G'day Fred - since I posted my impressions a few months ago, I've ticked over 140,000 km and there have been no more major issues to speak of. Globes and dash lights have behaved themselves and the only electrical issue I sometimes encounter now is the power windows not going up all the way (sort of giving up 1/3 of the way and winding back down). I suspect it may be my battery on its way out, which I'm not too worried about.

The family engineer (aka my dad) managed to MacGyver a solution to the sunvisor issue, by chucking a few bolts in it for some extra friction. It sometimes requires a good whack to stay in place, but it works and was about $200 cheaper than getting a new visor.

I eventually had the brake discs and pads replaced by Pedders - set me back a cool $500, but still cheaper than Renault and more importantly my brakes don't deafen pedestrians anymore! If the brakes haven't been replaced before, then I'd think 85k is getting close to it. Mine had previously been done at 70k which seems about right.

Still very happy with it. Renault's low resale values are a bit of a mixed bag - obviously a pain when you want to sell, but one hell of a good deal when you want to buy. Sure, my Koleos may not be "cool" and I don't see many other millennials driving around in them, but I think it's one of the most practical and sensible cars I could've got!
    Kim Luck, Mase and tazfrog like this.
    "Kolly" - 2009 Renault Koleos Dynamique dCi 4x4

Past:
    "Cruzy Quattro" - 2010 Holden Cruze Diesel

Window could be a matter of resetting the travel parameters.. On my old megane there was a simple procedure to do this, so maybe on the koleos there is one also.

Also, for as long as I can remember, renaults were not cool in the normal sense of the word so don't worry about that.
    What is cool though is getting a much better car with your coin than the next guy.

Jo
    Mase likes this.

Tadpole

Hey, how have the Continental tyres panned out? I have those tyres on my 2012 Koleos, 60k, and they don't like the wet very much. Mulling over a replacement set. 6 years they have paid for themselves, next set will see out my ownership. Smae for the battery - still going strong!

Not possible as the male pin is recessed in the side of the seat and retracts into the seat when you pull up on the latch. I've tried multiple layers of tape on the holes and this doesn't work either. I suspect the rattle is coming from the pin mechanism inside the seat back, so I might have to see if I can take it apart one day and check it out. In the mean time, I am laying the back of the seat down to stop the rattle. Who needs passengers anyway.
    I had a similar rattle which annoyed me for a few months but couldn't be bothered taking car to dealer. After seeing these posts I wrapped 'go faster tape' (also known as aviation tape etc) ie strong tape like duct tape only better, around the bracket which the seat rests against and which the clip activated by the pull up ring clips onto. Fixed the rattle and no down side except that there is a bit of tape showing when the seat is in the down position, no biggy and would hardly be noticeable if I had used black tape instead of the blue tape I happen to have.
    2015 Renault Koleos Bose Premium 4wd
    1998 BMW 316
    1974 ASP 340c Clubman historic racing car
    Previously, 1955 Peugeot 203, 2000 Renault Scenic
    1970s BMW 2002 (x2), Mini Cooper S (x2), Berkeley B95, MGTD (x2) MG TC,
    Fiat 1100, 2004 Volvo XC90
    Other uninteresting cars, too may to mention.

My Koleos has developed an interesting little issue the last few days.

Whilst driving along in the burbs, a spanner idiot light pops up and the dash display toggles between "cruise control issue" and "injector issue".

I turned the car off and back on again which clears the lights, and no warnings were recorded in the memory shown on the dash display.

A few min later it did it again, so I stopped, restated and this time turned the CC off and the problem has not re occurred....

A bit strange.

Jo

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    My Koleos has developed an interesting little issue the last few days.

Whilst driving along in the burbs, a spanner idiot light pops up and the dash display toggles between "cruise control issue" and "injector issue".

I turned the car off and back on again which clears the lights, and no warnings were recorded in the memory shown on the dash display.

A few min later it did it again, so I stopped, restated and this time turned the CC off and the problem has not re occurred....

A bit strange.

Jo
    Could be worth checking your battery health? I've heard that's often a culprit with seemingly random niggles like this.
    "Kolly" - 2009 Renault Koleos Dynamique dCi 4x4

Past:
    "Cruzy Quattro" - 2010 Holden Cruze Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by beaumobile View Post
    Could be worth checking your battery health? I've heard that's often a culprit with seemingly random niggles like this.
    Car starts fine and oe battery was replaced less than a year ago with a premium one.
    Maybe the ‘chip’ that wss on the car when I bought it was playing silly buggers.
    Problem has not returned in last day

Fellow Frogger!

Default Diesel coolant replacement and bleeding.

Changed coolant over the weekend.
    First had to locate bleed screw(s) - if any.

Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-m-r-auto-.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-m-r-manual-.jpg

Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-bleed-1.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-bleed-2.jpg

Found it on the thermostat housing.
    Images here of the screw.
    How one gets it open once the engine warms up is anybodies guess.
    I took the photo with the battery removed.
    The fuel pump above gets HOT HOT HOT whilst running.
    I opened and then JUST closed the screw.
    Whilst running bled off the trapped air.
    Nipped it up again finger tight, removed battery, and then fully tightened.

Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems-nissan-bleed-.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-nissan-cap-.jpgKoleos Hints, Tips, Problems-nissan-details-.jpg

Nissan advises another method as seen above with details of cap etc.
    All images obtained from sites on the web.

The Nissan method probably would be easier if you could get to the hose clamp.
    Used Penrite recommended coolant 8L diluted as required to 50:50.

I suspect the thermostat housing bleed screw would be accessible on a sedan where the battery is not next to the screw?
    Last edited by 85Fuego; 23rd April 2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Removed dodgy image

What coolant does Renault recommend?
    Type D?

Hello, we're thinking of trading our 2003 Peugeot 307 in on a new Renault Koleos Life 2.5 ltr with CVR trans.
    Any opinionms or problems that are showing up with these?
    Cheers from Tazfrog
    2003 307 XSEA EW10J4 2.0 ltr petrol AL4
    China Blue.
    2018 Renault Captur 1.2 Turbo Orange/Black

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    What coolant does Renault recommend?
    Type D?
    If it's the diesel it will be Nissan.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Page 26 of 29 First ... 162223242526272829 Last

Thread Information