Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems - Page 25
  • Register
  • Help
Page 25 of 25 First ... 152122232425
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I wasn't aware that you were a drag racer, Jo? On that basis, why did you chose a diesel powered auto light truck?
    Lots of fun driving a slow car fasrt.
    Besides, as i know when i get stuck behind yet another porsche, the driver is fast/slow, not the car.

Advertisement
    Kim Luck likes this.

Tadpole

I have both the headlights and wipers on my 2011 Dynamique (black) set to the auto position and when it has been parked in the sun for a while, like at a shopping centre, and I get in to start it, first the front wipers activate and then when I reverse out of the parking space, the front wipers stop and the rear wiper activates. Once I take off forwards, the wipers go back to normal. It doesn't happen if I park in the shade. Obviously I know I can get around this by not putting the wipers on auto, but the feature is there and I would like to keep using it. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a known fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat1955 View Post
    I have both the headlights and wipers on my 2011 Dynamique (black) set to the auto position and when it has been parked in the sun for a while, like at a shopping centre, and I get in to start it, first the front wipers activate and then when I reverse out of the parking space, the front wipers stop and the rear wiper activates. Once I take off forwards, the wipers go back to normal. It doesn't happen if I park in the shade. Obviously I know I can get around this by not putting the wipers on auto, but the feature is there and I would like to keep using it. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a known fault?
    It happens occasionally to mine when I leave home in the morning. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Just happens.
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Auto driving style

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    6speed old-school auto
    Jo

A modern turbo diesel below boost point is like the diesels of old, SLOW.
    However, once you hit boost point, as you know, (approx 1750 in mine), things liven up considerably.
    Because I have a manual, you are more likely to hit boost earlier, as you tend to drive it like a petrol car: REVS

I am not aware: do the autos remember your driving style and adjust shift patterns accordingly?
    If so, stomp on it and see how it "remembers"

It takes years after driving a petrol car (especially one that has been done up) to change your driving style.

Keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Jo

However, once you hit boost point, as you know, (approx 1750 in mine), things liven up considerably.
    Because I have a manual, you are more likely to hit boost earlier, as you tend to drive it like a petrol car: REVS

I am not aware: do the autos remember your driving style and adjust shift patterns accordingly?

It takes years after driving a petrol car (especially one that has been done up) to change your driving style.

Keep us informed.
    I get the turbo lag thing, but this is different.
    Stomping does nothing special.
    Stomp……one….two………… broom

It is quite quick in 'handbrake mode' with no delay between stomp and go.

The more I think about it the more I can't help but think everything is ass about….Like perhaps my handbrake switch was wired into the ecu in reverse polarity.
    Surely if there is going to be a 1+ second delay before the engine revs, that should be when the automatic electric handbrake is on, and the second or so delay in throttle response is to allow the handbrake to disengage…..Not the other way around

When I first got the car it took me a while to get the hang of how twitchy the car was whilst taping the throttle to get the handbrake off.
    I've got the technique now, but a few times in the early days the pulse raced!!

Now the I know about it, I use it as my launch control.

Jo

Tadpole

It happens occasionally to mine when I leave home in the morning. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Just happens.
    Mine only does it when parked in the sun.

Fellow Frogger!

Ok may not be an isolated example.
    When was the last time the gearbox fluid was changed?

Bought some new shoes for the Koleos after procrastinating long enough.
    I think the old tyres had gone hard and were due to last forever…….or until I crashed the car in the wet.
    Between the tread blocks micro cracks had formed, like you'd see on an old TRX tyre!!

Bought Michelin latitude sport 3, in 235/55/r18 size for just under $250 per tyre.

Will let you know how they fair once I've put a few hundred Km on them.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    Jo

Keep us informed.
    The 6-speed auto slushbox in the diesel Koleos must be "Adaptive". Mine actively downchanges without intervention when slowing and hangs onto higher revs before shifting when at the traffic light drags. It wasn't like that early on.....

The 6-speed auto slushbox in the diesel Koleos must be "Adaptive". Mine actively downchanges without intervention when slowing and hangs onto higher revs before shifting when at the traffic light drags. It wasn't like that early on.....
    Could it also be due to a software update from the stealer???

Jo

Possible, but I'm of the opinion the ECU is self learning. How you reprogram a used box I don't know. Might take ages if it's a slow learner.....

HI have an as new OE spare, unused and un damaged continental tyre for grabs, 225/55/r18.

Pm me if interested.

jo

Page 25 of 25 First ... 152122232425

Thread Information