Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems - Page 11
  • Register
  • Help
Page 11 of 33 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Koleos Hints, Tips, Problems

< 200 watts to have your headlights on full time is hardly going to wear your alternator out or send you broke?
    Actually it is more like 120 watts, 10 amps in round figures. Probably won't make much difference to fuel consumption. But every little bit adds up. 16 watts for LED DRLs is a lot less .

I'd suggest replacing headlight lamps may be a bigger cost, especially if they are Xenon discharge lamps. Not to mention the cost of the possible disassembly required.

LED is the correct lamp for the purpose.

Advertisement

Tadpole

Resale value.....

Had the Koleos Privilege for almost 6 years, just rolled over 100,000km, no issues an no problems, it has been a great car. Need to upgrade for towing a larger caravan is the only reason for moving on.
    Somewhat surprised when the dealer only offer $6,500 as a trade.

Thanks for all the great help and info on this forum.

Andrew

COL

Quote Originally Posted by amolnar View Post
    Resale value.....

Had the Koleos Privilege for almost 6 years, just rolled over 100,000km, no issues an no problems, it has been a great car. Need to upgrade for towing a larger caravan is the only reason for moving on.
    Somewhat surprised when the dealer only offer $6,500 as a trade.

Thanks for all the great help and info on this forum.

Andrew
    Thats about right

Free Car Valuations - Used Car Values - carsales.com.au
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post

That is a 2008 Dynamique, should be...

Trade in Price Guide $10,400 - $12,500+ Average km
    80,000 - 130,000

COL

80,000 - 130,000

Oooops sorry about that must of clicked the wrong Icon in my haste.

Yes thats a bit low, I would go and get a trade in quote from another place
    Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

COL

80,000 - 130,000

Actually should be this link

Regards Col

2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Fellow Frogger!

Another, my Renault isn't worth much thread?
    The dealers will always low ball you whilst smiling.
    If you own a Renault you have to own them for their natural life (ie till they die) to get your money's worth.

Tadpole

Shopped it around and ended up with $10,750, which is where redbook puts it.

Thanks.

Robmac, which Skoda did you get? Resale value: I have a 2009 Privilege and given the trade-in prices it looks like I'll have to keep it forever. Paid $54k new and $19k at the end of lease earlier this year. Funny thing is it's insured for $26k. The main bugbears for me are lack of space (we carry birds in cages) and the poor fuel economy of the petrol version. My other car is a 3.0 litre coupe with an ancient 4 speed auto, it gets only slightly worse economy around town and rather better on highway. WE are retiring to Tasmania so once the Nullabor crossing is out of the way we won't be doing too many kms and won't have to worry about filling the car with cages either once settled, so perhaps we'll hang onto it for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred17 View Post
    Robmac, which Skoda did you get? Resale value: I have a 2009 Privilege and given the trade-in prices it looks like I'll have to keep it forever. Paid $54k new and $19k at the end of lease earlier this year. Funny thing is it's insured for $26k. The main bugbears for me are lack of space (we carry birds in cages) and the poor fuel economy of the petrol version. My other car is a 3.0 litre coupe with an ancient 4 speed auto, it gets only slightly worse economy around town and rather better on highway. WE are retiring to Tasmania so once the Nullabor crossing is out of the way we won't be doing too many kms and won't have to worry about filling the car with cages either once settled, so perhaps we'll hang onto it for a few years.
    What sort of fuel economy do you get, as a matter of interest?
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

13.5-15l/100km around town, best of 10s but more like an average of 11-12 l/100km on the highway (110km/hr zones almost everywhere). I've noticed that it's much better travelling at 100km/hr than 110. Adding the roofbox up to about 0.5 l/100 km penalty and towing a box trailer another 0.5l/100km but last time we used it we didn't sit on the speed limit. Headwinds ( a big factor in coastal WA) can also have an effect. Don't know whether I should expect better. The trip computer is always 0.5-1.0l/100km optimistic, I work my figures out from the odometer (unlike the speedo, about 1% out).

That economy sounds dismal! How often do you use the cruise control? My previous experience with an RX4 showed the OEM fitted roof rack (not bars) consumed an extra 0.5l/100 km just in city driving. The 2008 diesel Koleos averaged 8.3l/100 km on a trip to Brisbane and back from Melbourne cruising at an indicated 120 km/h with nothing on the roof and nothing hanging off the back.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    That economy sounds dismal! How often do you use the cruise control? My previous experience with an RX4 showed the OEM fitted roof rack (not bars) consumed an extra 0.5l/100 km just in city driving. The 2008 diesel Koleos averaged 8.3l/100 km on a trip to Brisbane and back from Melbourne cruising at an indicated 120 km/h with nothing on the roof and nothing hanging off the back.
    It's certainly nothing to write home about, Kim! I saw a Drive story about best and worst economy for vehicles in certain categories and Koleos was worst in small SUVs (presumably they meant the petrol version). I have only the standard roof rails, I take the crossbars off with the roofbox when I store it. We're moving to Tasmania soon so it'll be interesting to see what we get there, with mainly 100km/hr highway speed zones. I leave town now and hit a 110/km/hr zone about 4 km out of town and heading south it's like that all the way to the next town (450km) apart from a couple of 90 areas at roadhouses. Not that I'm complaining about the speed ! I do find the specs in the handbook suggesting 95 RON to be the minimum to be annoying- while it was on lease, with fuel cards, I tried 98 for a couple of trips to Perth and 91 for a couple of others, absolutely no difference! I get the best economy with E10, actually, when I can get it, but the difference is marginal.

I'm surprised you can't get better mileage with 98 RON. I was getting 8.7l/100 km with the RX4 on the good stuff, 9.4l/100 km with 95 RON. Do you use the cruise control at all? Your post didn't include that bit.....

I'm surprised you can't get better mileage with 98 RON. I was getting 8.7l/100 km with the RX4 on the good stuff, 9.4l/100 km with 95 RON. Do you use the cruise control at all? Your post didn't include that bit.....
    Sorry, yes I forgot that. I use cruise ALL the time, even around town in 50 km/hr zones. Same with my other car. In fact, I can't drive a car without it. I'm quite tall, and have to cock my leg at a funny angle for the accelerator pedal (not so bad in the other car, the coupe, but cruise is useful in that car to stay at the speed limit )

Fellow Frogger!

Default Fuel consumption

Quote Originally Posted by 85Fuego View Post
    2L dCI 6 speed manual.
    Last fill was just under 55L for just over 700k's.
    Haven't put any more than this in the tank.
    Low fuel light on.
    Has anyone put more than this in their tank???
    David
    Update re fuel consumption.

Put in nearly 57.5 Litres last fill.

See Koleos dCi (Renault Koleos) | Fuelly

I am not sure why you are using MPG as your baseline now that even old bastards like me understand metrication? Whilst your Koleos manual enjoys a 17 KW advantage over my DCi auto, we appear to be averaging the same figures, i.e; a low of about 9.6 l/100 km ( city driving) and a best of about 8.3 l /100 km (country driving 110 km/h +). And no, I've never put more than 57.5 litres in the tank as I detest bleeding out of fuel diesels.

Fellow Frogger!

Kim,

Was looking at other units before I shut down the site.
    Must have stayed that way.
    I am metricated as well.

You are aware that there is a bleeder bulb up front to prime the system?

Most of my driving is urban traffic free, however, the trips are shortish (Blackburn south to Bayswater) so it never really gets out of warming up phase.

Still definitely better that the mid 13's I was getting with the slugodore.
    Kim Luck likes this.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by BozzyDad View Post
    Whats the go with a timing chain, is it still a 100,000km change deal??
    Has anyone got advice on the timing chain in the Koleos?

I believe you only change it when it wears out. As it is conventional chain, not a rubber belt, your car should be very, very high mileage before it needs any attention.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Disc rotors

Was getting pulsation through the pedal, 110K.

My experience is that front rotors are either glazed or running close to min thickness.
    Rotors had a lip and not a great fan of getting rotors skimmed, I elected to get new rotors/pads front/back.
    Replaced fronts before xmas not curing the problem.
    The Koleos obviously has some rear brake bias like the VW Golf which minimises front end dive.

Since rears have linings for handbrake, got a set in case linings were low.
    Had the Koleos on the hoist yesterday doing the rears.
    Pads were low maybe 3MM but linings were not that far different from new linings so left them.
    Sprayed brakeclean throughout the lining area, adjusted the linings put on new rotor/pads.
    No pulsing and higher pedal again.

Would recommend looking at rears first if there are pulsation problems.
    Pads/rotors are Nissan so should be readily available from brake stockists.

Front pads - db1696.pdf
    Rear pads - db1509.pdf

Pads use screechers to warn of low level rather than signal wire to pads.

May end up skimming the front rotors given the problem was the rear.

Fellow Frogger!

Check your rear spoiler, I had a loan car which was noisy till i found the spoiler being loose.

If you have power folding mirrors, don't whack them on something stationary. They're expensive if you break the servo in half.

If you have power folding mirrors, don't whack them on something stationary. They're expensive if you break the servo in half.

The road traveled keeps getting softer and softer.

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post

The road traveled keeps getting softer and softer.
    Yep, wipe the mud off your feet before you get into my bush bashing 4WD vehicle as well.

Page 11 of 33 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last

Thread Information