• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Koleos Register

Fellow Frogger!

Default Koleos Register

Righto let's start a Koleos register.
    Can transfer Koleos register posts here.

Advertisement
    Last edited by vivid; 25th July 2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Bricolage likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Count me in! How do I register for the Koleos Register? Is this enough?

I suppose I should register the black beast....................
    It's another lovely day! Again!

mine arrived at the dealership today ..... i guess that counts me in too !
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Tadpole

My daughter has one on order, a 2WD Dynamique in metalic black, unfortunately, I could not convince her to go for the Diesel, but alas it is now the third French car in the family!
    2012 508 Allure Diesel
    2012 Megane Diesel
    2012 Koleos Dynamique (Petrol) (Daughter).

Past Benz W124 E220 (burnt out wiring harness $$$) & Benz W210 E240 (blown valve guide seals at 150Km!!ouch$$$$), distant past, Benz W123 300D (2) Benz W115 200D, remote past Mazda 626 Diesel, Tarago Diesel, Gemini Diesel.

Fellow Frogger!

Mine:

January 2009 Dynamic 4x4 Manual 127kW diesel

Koleos Register-koleos.jpg

We purchased our Koleos diesel manual 4 Dec 2008 and have done 145k including about 50k towing our A'Van Cruiser. Had a couple of issues with the AC all sorted under warranty. Cooling fans stopped working on a recent trip and this resolved with a forcefull tap to the back of the fan motors. As our A'Van weighs less than 1000kg loaded the Koleos has no trouble towing and give fuel economy of 10l/100km while so doing. 8 or just less normally.

Tadpole

Driving a 2010 dCi 4x4 Dynamique Manual. Purchased for around town and outback touring, have clocked up 90k with about half of those towing a camper trailer. Has exceeded expectations, great around town, fabulous on the open round and its off-road ability (although limited) has given me extra options in the bush. Modifications made include: all terrain tyres, ride-levelling air bags, brake controller and wiring for 12 volt charging to rear accessory plug and towbar.
    Last edited by parkdale; 1st March 2013 at 01:27 PM.
    2010 Koleos dCi Dynamique
    2007 307 HDI Wagon
    1987 505 SL Wagon

Past Peugeot 404s, 504, 406, 1975 VW Kombi

I should add that our diesel Loleos is 4x4 and as you would expect is set up for towing with the obigitory Hayman Reece electric brake controllor and a second glass mat battery installed inside the spare wheel for the 50l Waco frig. This is in addition to the 3 way frig in our van. I have just had King Springs do a 40mm rear lift with new springs instead of the air bag route but have yet to load up the van.
    Will be heading off down the Darling River and out to Broken Hill in April for another little trip and will end up in Vic for a few days

Since I registered today, I should list our car. It's a 2009 (first reg 2010) Privilege (we wanted the beige-toned interior, detesting black) with factory sunroof. Otherwise standard, although we got factory towbar ($1000!!!) and floor mats ($500!!!) It's pearl white, nice colour but would have preferred another as our other car is also pearl white. Trade-in with previous lease car was a deal-breaker, in other words they gave me the lease payout figure for previous car, while other Renault dealers were up to $14,000 less! The Gold Coast dealer had two white ones, the other had ridiculous 20" wheels, ours had huge "Koleos" stickers sides and back which I had removed.

Obviously, our car is petrol. I see you can now, finally, get a diesel Privilege. Interesting to note- there are no badges anywhere on the car denoting trim level. Newer Privileges don't have as nice an interior as ours (even the beige one, which has been "darkened up" somewhat). The satnav would be nice though- my TomTom keeps falling off the slopey dash

Tadpole

Bonjour fellow

NEW 2013 Koleos Expression 2.4 litre petrol CVT in Pearl White here .....and lovin' it!!!

Select genuine Renault accessories fitted prior to dealer delivery were; floor mat set (carpet type in dark grey), boot mat (carpet type in dark grey), & Renault HD tow bar.

Post delivery: all windows tinted with SolarGard (sic) Quantum 35% film, windscreen excepted; and a DOD LS300W Plus dashcam installed.

In transit: Aftermarket 'rock strainer' radiator protective grille (black), & Shevron DM1112 Dashmate (coal grey).

On the still TBL. Aftermarket boot cargo net (eBay), aluminium door sill trim kits front & rear -non-illuminated type (eBay).

Five days short of one month post delivery with just shy of 1000km 'on the clock'. Renault's 2013 Koleos has exceeded my expectations. My favourite thing? CVT. And it must be said that the level of accessorisation in the 2013 base level Expression just pales the competition, nudging them even at their respective mid-segments. And that's even taking into account the Koleos' otherwise exceptional buying at its current price point. We would choose to buy the same again.

FTW!

Fellow Frogger!

Welcome kol3oss to the Koleos Klan! How many of us is it now? Eight perhaps? Almost enough for a quorum!
    Your praise of the Koleos echoes my own. Pity Renault could not adequately communicate that to the market
    and therefore sell thousands of the things here. I am overjoyed that I spied another on the road this weekend.
    And don't remind me of "exceptional buying at its current price point". Ouch! That hurts!

Tadpole

I can add mine its a week old koleos series 3 expression 6 speed manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by nicole View Post
    I can add mine its a week old koleos series 3 expression 6 speed manual
    Hello and welcome Nicole!
    I am not the self appointed 'meet and greet' person here, but I feel that anyone who joins this tiny exclusive group of Koleos owners deserves a bouquet! Especially a lady.(Is that sexist? Not meant to be.)
    Series 3 must be the latest, with the redesigned 'nose'. I must go and have a look at it, in the flesh, as it were.
    Happy motoring!

Tadpole

Thankyou I dont think it is sexist lol. Yes brand new I am enjoying driving it had it for just over a week and have done 1200 kms. Havent seen many others on the road and I quite like that I am not driving the same car as anyone else.

Tadpole

I have a 2009 Dynamic 4x4 Pearl white Petrol. Had it from new and I am very happy.
    I already had a motorhome using a Renault Master Van, and was very happy with the vehicle, so I got another Renault.
    I have fitted an aftermarket 8" GPS (iGO8)/rear camera monitor, in place of the original binnicle. It looks great, was no problem to fit, after I identified what was in the Australian model.

Pa-Penguin please tell me more about your Master motorhome. This is the way the wife and I would like to go as she likes the security of being able to leave a site without going outside. Currently we are caravaners. 2008 Diesel manual Koleos and A'Van Cruiser.

Tadpole

KenM, I suppose it is more a Campervan, being a converted van. Koleos Register-dsc00527.jpgKoleos Register-dsc03018t.jpgKoleos Register-dsc03402.jpg

It drives like a car, runs at 9.5l/100km over about 5000km. Travels at 100-110 km/hr no problem
    Has shower, toilet, M,wave 3burner stove, solar panels,
    Has the beds across the rear and they stay made up, (1 double,+3/4 above if needed)
    Front seats swivel, original 2 seater is now the dining seat. All reupholstered in yellow leather.
    I think it is the perfect touring van, it parks in a standard car space, is not huge on the road (6m long)
    It is maybe a bit small for long stays

Tadpole

Hi Koleos owners,
    I picked up a 2009 Koleos Privelege 2 weeks ago.
    Very impressed so far.
    Mineral Beige with Beige interior.
    Factory Towbar.
    Aftermarket Bluetooth. (which works and connected very easily.)
    I live in Newcastle NSW.
    60000km on the clock.
    My first car to have CVT, takes a bit to get used to the way it works. Last car was an 1999 Audi A6 Quattro so used to normal auto gearbox.
    Regards,
    Michael

1000+ Posts

This lot of owner reports will please my good lady as she has been asking about what owners have reported on the performance and perceptions of the Koleos, seems all good so far ! Will watch with interest!!

Tadpole

G'day all
    This is my first post on Aussie Frog and after reading all 9 pages again of this sub-forum I can comment on a few issues mentioned these past years. Like others I too graduated from a Scenis to a Koleos because there were no new Scenics to be bought in late 2012. And the 0% finance deal on the Koleos beat the other brands like a lay down misere!
    I only got rid of the 2001 Scenic 2WD Dynamique because it got smashed and written off in Oct., 2012. Had 183+ Kms when written off and was reasonably reliable. Some things broke [rear shock absorbers, twice] but that's because I'm a hard driver.
    Now with my 2012 Koleos 2WD 2.5Ltr petrol Expression 6 spd manual and am becoming more satisfied as the Kms build. As I just got back from a 10 day / 5,900 Km return trip from Parramatta, NSW, to Trinity Beach [Cairns], FN Qld, I'm doing an A type service, and then some, at 45,760Km. As I've done that trip usually twice a year plus 6 - 10 return trips to Noosa area each year since I bought the Scenic in Feb., 2002, I'm in a got position to compare the two Renaults.
    For me, the Koleos handles like a truck on it's OEM Kumho Solus tyres when compared to the Scenic's Michelin Energys [and the Goodyears on my old Volvo]. My research has me intending to fit Continentals next, as recommended by a recent Choice magazine article. My 24y.o. son just swapped from M/Energys to the Continentals for our 2001 Pug 206 GTi and was very impressed with them on a recent 500 Km return trip from Hornsby to Rylstone, NSW, via Bells Line of Road and the Galston Gorge [for you interstaters, these are iconic Sydney area twisty roads]. And I have run 34 psi front and 32 psi rear [when unladen] on both cars for years, adjusting the rear pressures for cargo. With the Scenic / Michelin combo I could always get the back end to back free in hard corning for some rear wheel 'steering', just like my Volvo and XJ6s on the Putty Rd and the like. I tend to avoid the coast highways and travel along the Great Dividing Range as much as possible on trips to Qld & Vic. [BTW, I'm also a motorcyclist so I like my corners].
    I also intend to change tyre size when I fit the Continentals by downsizing from the 60% aspect ratio to 55% so to gear the Koleos down for better top gear acceleration at the posted & strictly enforced 100 & 110 Km/hr speed limits here in the east of Oz.
    On the Koleos maintenance issues:
    - I replaced the original oil filter [a blue Nissan product as per posts by others] with another OEM one at 297Km, then again at about 1,500 Km, with an oil change, just to remove the initial metal wear of the engine. I also have a practice of fitting a magnet to the outside of all my vehicles oil filters ever since seeing the practice as an aftermarket fitting to BMW 'Boxer' motorcycles some years [decades] ago. The idea is that the magnet holds and fine metal wear material within the filter and I get the magnets from the back of speakers taken from old broken radios & the like;
    - I have used Penrite oils for years now and have found in my Scenic, Volvo 940, Merc 280SE, Subaru Brumby, Jaguar XJ6's, Moto Guzzi's, BMW K model, Pug 405 Mi16 as well as the Koleos that I get a lower fuel and oil consumption with that brand, provided I use the correct viscosity and mineral vs semi-synthetic vs full synthetic, as per the car / motorcycle manufacturers' recomendation. The Koleos is too new [>46K] to use any oil at all and I too go with 15,000 oil changes for the last two occassions. With the Scenic, somewhere around the 120 - 140K Km mark it started needing a top up at about 10K, so I just changed oil and filter then;
    - at the scheduled 25K Km replacement of the OEM paper air filter I bit the bullet and fitted a $102 K&N filter. Been using these filters on my vehicles for years, always with better fuel consumption IF I don't make use of the better accelleration. In the Scenic, on some steep hills I regularly drive up 5 -10 times / week, just the K&N filter change was like having an extra 1/2 a gear lower going uphill. On the Koleos, 105-110Km/hr overtaking is now commonly done in top gear, saving the change down to 5th;
    - changed the cabin pollen filter myself at about 32K Km & t'was a doddle. Don't see why any competant home handyman would need to get a mechanic to do it. I went OEM for about $52 because I was in a hurry that day. Good to know I can get two for the price of one if I bother to buy off the Internet well in advance of my next time replacement [like many males, I have a wife with a sense of smell very sensitive to foul odours of a dirty cabin filter];
    - like others above, I rotate my wheels from front to rear and back again about every 10 - 15K Kms. Just did them again on the Koleos noting I've done them at 12-13K intervals. I also bother to check the brake pads & rotors for wear while the wheels are off;
    - I also prefer to OEM 17" alloy wheels of the Expression Koleos as they're much easier to clean than most, even the OEM 15" alloys on the Scenic. I also take the trouble to keep the contact surfaces between the wheels and brake hub scruptiously clean and free of rust & muck to ensure the wheels sit absolutely square if nothing else;
    - re the droopy sunvisors: I had this happen on the Scenic somewhere around 80-120K Kms = bloody annoying! Early days yet but it apears to me that the Koleos has a better mounting / hinge / swivel mechanism. Hope so;
    - re the dashmat: I got the charcoal grey one [off the Internet with about 1 week delivery] so to only slightly contrast with the 'near to black' interior fittings of my gloss white [not pearl white] exterior. Being a retired superannuation pensioner since last September, I wanted paintwork that I could easily and economically fix stone chips myself;
    - re the floormats: I wasn't too fussed about a precise fit so I've got off the shelf black carpet mats that are made for a Toyota Camry, for about $35-40. Close enough = good enough as I'll replace them in a few years when worn somewhat;
    - a Koleos fault I've experienced that no one else has mentioned, operation of the radio: sometimes when wanting to change between AM & FM bands using the column mounted control, I cannot get a response in the first instance from the appropriate button [near side button on the back side i.e. closest to the dash]. I can solve it by scrolling through from radio to CD to auxilliary then back to radio so that the correct button functions properly to scroll up & down between AM / FM modes. Noticably, this doesn't happen in the first instance after starting the car but occurs intermittently on the second or a latter occassion. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I mentioned it to the dealer under warranty service but they didn't experience it and told there was no factory fault notification about it;
    - another issue urgent for me now is the handbrake adjustment: does anyone in this forum know how to do it on the Koleos? I cannot find a workshop manual for the Koleos and under & in my car there is no obvious adjuster, unlike on the Scenic [& all my other cars]. Currently, I presume I'll have to remove the centre console plastics to access a mechanical adjuster. But even these plastic covers have no visible metal screws or plastic pins as retainers. And I'm loathe to start pulling on these plastic panels, for the obvious reasons. Info anyone?

2012 Renault Koleos Expression 2.5Ltr petrol 6 spd manual
    2003 Peugeot 307 2.0Ltr 4 dr hatch 5spd manual
    2001 Peugeot 206 2.0Ltr GTi coupe / hatch 5spd manual
    1993 Subaru Brumby 1.8Ltr 4wd Sport utility 4spd manual
    1992 Peugeot 405 Mi16 1.9Ltr 4dr 5spd manual
    1991 Volvo 940 2.3Ltr sedan 5spd manual [conversion from a 244 Volvo]
    1974 Jaguar XJ6 Series 2 4.2Ltr sedan 5spd manual [conversion from a Toyota Supra]
    1970 Jaguar 420G 4.2Ltr sedan 3 spd automatic [for when I'm too decrepid to no longer be able to drive a manual]
    and then there's all the motorbikes I've collected since my learner days in July, 1969.

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=Blowfly;1247069]
    - another issue urgent for me now is the handbrake adjustment: does anyone in this forum know how to do it on the Koleos? I cannot find a workshop manual for the Koleos and under & in my car there is no obvious adjuster, unlike on the Scenic [& all my other cars]. Currently, I presume I'll have to remove the centre console plastics to access a mechanical adjuster. But even these plastic covers have no visible metal screws or plastic pins as retainers. And I'm loathe to start pulling on these plastic panels, for the obvious reasons. Info anyone?
    /QUOTE]

Hi,

Do you have the auto handbrake or is it the traditional manual handbrake?

David

Fellow Frogger!

Wow Blowfly, that is quite a story by way of an introduction. Welcome to the small tribe of proud Koleos owners and to the Koleos Forum. May you get as much enjoyment from your Koleos as the rest of us do.
    Your Expression has a mechanical handbrake, just like mine, and adjustment is simple: pull up the cup holder (it just clips in) and you should find an adjustment screw.
    Our friend David, aka 85Fuego probably has more detailed information for you.
    By the way, there is a separate Thread for Technical Stuff pertaining to Koleos. This is merely a register. No matter.

Nod

Hi. Thought I would register my purchase yesterday of a Koleos Phase 3 Bose 4x2 Diesel Auto, Mars Grey. Build 10/13 and first registered at the end of February, 2014. Sold as a demonstrator with 12 kms.

My first cars (all second hand) were a 10, then 3 16TS (great cars) and a 20TS (a small fortune at the time in keeping it on the road.) In the mid- late 80's I couldn't find any second hand Renaults without rust, so bought my first Peugeot, a 1980 504. Several 504s, 505s, wagons and sedans, 405 Longchamp, 2001 406hdi Wagon (first new car, and purchased at the last moment over a Renault as Renault didn't have a diesel), 205si, 306, 403 (x2), 407 Touring (x2), 308Hdi Wagon and a 405Mi16, finally back to a Renault. My only other cars have been a 180B Wagon and a 1976 Kombi Camper. I am currently, last 10 years, a caretaker of a 1965 Corvette convertible.

I do not have a French background, but the first two cars I recall my father owning was a 403 and a 10. He always advised me, at the time, of not buying an Australian car as when he migrated to Australia, one of his first jobs in Sydney was on the Ford assembly line at Homebush (?), and he was a hopeless welder.

I traded my 2007 407Hdi Touring for the Koleos. The 407 had 106,000ks and the only items needing replacement in the 7 yrs (other than tyres/brakes/battery) was a minor hose to the turbo and an item related to the engine mount, a total of $400. ( a central display unit was also replaced under warranty). From all I have read on these forums and on the net, I anticipate the same reliability from the Koleos.

Whilst the memory of the 407 is still fresh in my mind, (and the 407 performed brilliantly for my needs) my observation of the Koleos is that road related noises and bumps are substantially isolated compared to the 407 (low profile tyres? worn tyres on the 407) but the engine noise is a lot more intrusive under acceleration than the 407. Not much different to the 308hdi (which my wife still drives).

It would appear the Koleos is a greatly under estimated vehicle, except for those who own one.

Welcome to the Koleos clan! You have certainly had along association with French cars over the years and I'm sure that your current wheels will be just as satisfying as any of your previous ones!
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information