Latitude Register
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Latitude Register

Fellow Frogger!

Hi I would like to start a Latitude section so i can keep in touch directly with other owners and post tips and reports of this car as they come to hand and will assist potential owners with making an informed choice as i done a lot of homework and research into this vehicle before placing my order for one. it will arrive about June this year as i wanted white with beige interior. its the first one ordered in this spec.

The car was delivered and picked up on 6/8/2014. Its a White Priveledge diesel model with Beige interior. photos coming soon.

Advertisement
    Last edited by niks; 12th August 2014 at 08:26 PM.

Hi Niks,

Congratulations being the first post to the Latitude register.
    As your post is a copy, feel free to edit it, maybe you'd like to attach images of your new baby.
    Powered by high grade French plutonium.

Purchased a 10/2012 model Mineral Beige Luxe Diesel with 35k on speedo ... Came with 12 months rego, and as surprise (most used seen with mid 30k had other brand on front) near new front Contisportcontact5 tyres (sport3 rear/spare) balance of 5 year warranty and next two services as part of Renaults diamond care used car package. Have purchased LED lights to replace mainly inside but came with LED front parking lights as well...Lights came about a week ago but been away so will endeavor to install this weekend So far happy average about 8.3 lts around town would say depending on how drive but mid to high 30,000 from tyres looks like front wear quicker as original tyres on back so good to rotate often
    Last edited by Palah; 17th August 2014 at 10:16 PM.
    r25 baccara likes this.

Tadpole

Hi all

I'm eager to hear from any Latitude owners that have clocked up high kilometres on the Diesel variant. I don't know much about the motor (MR20DE) as it does not appear to be in many other vehicles in Australia. Would love any information around what can be expected from a reliability perspective. Any information from Latitude owners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Prenault

Tadpole

Thanks niks

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Palah just reread your post and noted you mentioned its good to rotate the tyres would this not interfere with the tyre pressure monitors system as i believe they are matched to wheel location.

Yes, you will need to keep each sensor in same position so that needs to be changed not sure how hard to do (have not looked) ours gave a low pressure reading front right so just pumped up but probably do at service time if ask... As said looked at about 5 cars and all others had different brands (besides ours) know they are not cheap so probably reason why hence would say fronts wear faster but if original on back = good ks from that end as a side note also introduce spare along way and replace with most worn but still legal otherwise waste of good rubber

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Last edited by Palah; 12th September 2014 at 06:00 PM.

So Niks how are you going with your latitude? E.g General likes/dislikes

Via the aussiefrogs App

Fellow Frogger!

Just had wiring loom fixed for blind spot warning under warranty as it was flashing opposite side to where vehicle was. I also found that Koleos have a case for sunglasses, but top line Latitudes don't. I think its a disgrace just how Latitudes are marketed here, its a magnificent car but lacks this kind of detail like us having to put led lights inside for better light. Oh The sunglass case is available as a part and is available at a cost of 280 dollars (ripoff) for something that costs less than 5 dollars to make. I managed last night while searching Korean supplies for a cheaper one and found a seller of parts from a wrecked Koleos and got the case for 50 bucks. Im putting the led stop tail lights into the plastic reflectors and will have them flash before going solid on braking. So i will be making a excellent car even better. Im getting a few T10 side view leds from luxylite to put in overhead lights on outside of centre globe as they are brighter than the globes supplied. I also ordered the clips to hold an umbrella to lining of boot lid, When i recover from my operation I will post photos of my latitude with the improvements here on this forum. Main dislike has been the failure of Renault to supply the led daylight running lights as supplied to all the other markets. But im looking for something suitable to do the job and do not hold the stupidity of a marking manager agains a very good car. Their stupidity even extends to a failure to even advertise it, especially with holden,ford and toyota closing down manufacturing here. The Latitude is a better car than any of these models as i have driven them all. I have noticed with over 4000ks the ride is smoother.

The sunglasse holder is in the top of console (know not ideal) think due to sunroof controls... Also to be fair have not found another Aussie car with led inside (but haven't really looked the 2014 my15 models (next gen have LEDs built into redesigned headlight assembly)... The tail/stop lights are LED on mine not sure about doing reflectors (but good to see pics when you do) very little info on my15 model (or even if coming here) but waiting to see what other improvements made to improve
    Last edited by Palah; 30th September 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Picked mine up on Saturday 13th Decmeber 2014 from Brighton Renault in Melbourne and drove back to Adelaide all in the same day.

Mine is a MY2013 plate - 2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto sedan in Ultra Sliver, with 26,000km. Have only had the car for a few days, so it's only early days yet, but I'm pretty happy with the car so far. Fuel consumption on the way back to Adelaide, with a fuel tank of diesel, was 6.3L/100km.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2006 SMART ForFour Brabus 1.5L Turbo Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

G'day fellow Latitude-ites!
    I have a 2011 Latitude diesel that i purchased as a "sales manager driven" demo with 5000k on it December 2011. It has now done 111k , and has been a brilliant vehicle for me and my family....
    I only have the "pauper pack" but it still has soooo many features that i find useful! Mine has the sunglasses holder up in the roof lining, the cruise with the electronic speed display on the dash is a godsend with the Hume having point to point speed cameras. The trip computer shows an average of 7.3l/100km (under 7s in winter when i dont tend to use the air con all the time!) and it has run like a dream.
    Since i have had it, i've had the following problems:
    battery kept dieing when i first got it (was the roof mounted DVD player i got installed when i purchased it - replaced under warranty)
    um.........

Yup that would be it!!!!
    Servicing has been a little exxy a couple of times, but other than that i really cant find fault with the car at all. I am certain if it had a Holden Malibu badge on it it would be something that was seen all over the place!
    Lets face it, a car under 40k, 5 year unlimited kn warranty, 3 free services, diesel fuel efficiency, loaded with fruit is pretty hard to pass up.
    Have heard that a few of the Luxe versions have been having electrical gremlins, but so far touch wood NOTHING has been an issue with mine.
    Something i would recommend to anyone in the market for this kinda car. Just a shame they didnt produce a wagon version

OK if i wanted to bag something about it, it would be that the ride is harsher than it was in my Mi16.
    For a big family bus though, it is still fun in the twisties!

Quote Originally Posted by cam740 View Post
    G'day fellow Latitude-ites!
    I have a 2011 Latitude diesel that i purchased as a "sales manager driven" demo with 5000k on it December 2011. It has now done 111k , and has been a brilliant vehicle for me and my family....
    I only have the "pauper pack" but it still has soooo many features that i find useful! Mine has the sunglasses holder up in the roof lining, the cruise with the electronic speed display on the dash is a godsend with the Hume having point to point speed cameras. The trip computer shows an average of 7.3l/100km (under 7s in winter when i dont tend to use the air con all the time!) and it has run like a dream.
    Since i have had it, i've had the following problems:
    battery kept dieing when i first got it (was the roof mounted DVD player i got installed when i purchased it - replaced under warranty)
    um.........

Yup that would be it!!!!
    Servicing has been a little exxy a couple of times, but other than that i really cant find fault with the car at all. I am certain if it had a Holden Malibu badge on it it would be something that was seen all over the place!
    Lets face it, a car under 40k, 5 year unlimited kn warranty, 3 free services, diesel fuel efficiency, loaded with fruit is pretty hard to pass up.
    Have heard that a few of the Luxe versions have been having electrical gremlins, but so far touch wood NOTHING has been an issue with mine.
    Something i would recommend to anyone in the market for this kinda car. Just a shame they didnt produce a wagon version
    Great to hear!! Mine has now done 28,000km and the only thing that has annoyed me, is the blind spot monitoring system being over sensitive and going off when there is no vehicle there, so I've just turned it off and I'll get it checked at my next service.

You took the words right out of my mouth with the wagon thing, the only thing I wished it was and it isn't, is a wagon! If this was a wagon, I would've been sold a long time ago. Having sold my Laguna dCi wagon, I did want another wagon and looked at the Megane, but at the price that I got the Latitude for and with the features this car has, I couldn't go past it! Still though, I wished it was a wagon! Lol!

Everyone that see's the car, thinks I've paid Audi money for it, but then when I tell them, they just can't believe it and especially with all the features.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2006 SMART ForFour Brabus 1.5L Turbo Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Fellow Frogger!

Great to hear people are enjoying a great car and can see the bigger picture. Latitude may only have sold 96 cars in 2014 but its not bad for a car one has to seek out, at least you know you have a great car at a great price and the milage is peanuts for a diesel i dont think you would find a car with better servicing costs and my insurance company considers it a safe reliable ride and my premium reduced a lot when i changed over from my Grand Picasso. Due to illness im only able to enjoy my Latitude at the moment by having someone drive me. Check out some great accessories like interior lights from Korea on ebay. When well I will be also looking at replacing rear reflectors with Led tail stop lights just for added safety. Hope to meet up at a french day in Melbourne soon.
    PS
    If I was Renault I would be targeting the taxi companies with the base model with diesel.
    Last edited by niks; 14th January 2015 at 07:35 PM.

the one thing that REALLY does suck, is the bluetooth hands free.
    its brilliant in operation, but if i am talking to someone on a mobile its unbearable for them!! Doesnt present a problem for me, apart from the nagging! :p

Quote Originally Posted by cam740 View Post
    the one thing that REALLY does suck, is the bluetooth hands free.
    its brilliant in operation, but if i am talking to someone on a mobile its unbearable for them!! Doesnt present a problem for me, apart from the nagging! :p
    Funny have no issues... It connects much faster than other car so no complaints... Except when sunroof was open wife said could not hear well The microphone 🎤 is on wrong side (did not change from lhd so that may be or if roof was open
    Last edited by Palah; 20th January 2015 at 02:52 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

I have never found a problem could be your phone type or provider not the car. The microphone is omnidirectional and its current position has no real relationship to sound quality as far as i can see.

Tadpole

With my mobile (iphone) the person I'm talking hears an echo of their own voice which is quite annoying. Have tried putting the phone in various locations (I.e inside center console) without success . Is there anything else I should try to overcome this issue?
    billip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordontravels View Post
    With my mobile (iphone) the person I'm talking hears an echo of their own voice which is quite annoying. Have tried putting the phone in various locations (I.e inside center console) without success . Is there anything else I should try to overcome this issue?
    That has to be a problem with your callers phone. It is usually caused by your caller having the speakerphone on when using bluetooth....
    niks likes this.
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Tadpole

Bonjour everyone,

2013 Latitude- Privilege, 2.0dci auto, Mars grey.

After driving his bosses 07 Megane 1.9dci manual for work (I bought it before it was traded in) and getting a constant economy of 5.3 litres per 100km, my father has had a late midlife crisis and after months of homework has bought his very first flash car a Latitude. It's done around 13 000 km.

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 litres per 100km, mostly highway kilometres and all driving miss daisy style.

My father is extremely obsessional about fuel economy, it's keeping him awake at night, has become his only topic of conversation, and causes him no end of discomfort when I tell him that my Megane just achieved the once mythical goal of a sub 5 litre per 100 km average. The Latitude was serviced by Renault at 11 000kms before delivery- oil changed, tyre pressures checked etc. My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

I would really appreciate hearing from other people with a similar car about their average fuel economy and any thoughts on increasing economy.

Thankyou in advance
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Beauf View Post
    Bonjour everyone,

2013 Latitude- Privilege, 2.0dci auto, Mars grey.

After driving his bosses 07 Megane 1.9dci manual for work (I bought it before it was traded in) and getting a constant economy of 5.3 litres per 100km, my father has had a late midlife crisis and after months of homework has bought his very first flash car a Latitude. It's done around 13 000 km.

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

I would really appreciate hearing from other people with a similar car about their average fuel economy and any thoughts on increasing economy.

Thankyou in advance
    Todd
    With only 11000 km yes not quite run in... Have a 2012 40k and it gets about 8.5 lt/100 km 99% city driving, the 2013 My13 model is rated .4 less. if he is going off car computer, it can take a while to recalibrate, best way is to work out km traveled vs amount of diesel. Not really fair to put megane against as different sized, weight plus latitude is auto vehicle also on highway if put instant fuel useage on should see what doing, if high then may indicate problem .. If still unhappy see dealer as maybe something not right but would check above 1st
    Last edited by Palah; 18th March 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Comparing the mileage of two totally different cars is not the way to determine milage and a latitude is a lot heavier than a megane just for starters. Im sure he needs to see his doctor hahahaha if this is all thats keeping him awake. the latitude he has needs more running in, mine returns less than 6.0 on a trip and has got down to 5.2 but this is doing it the accurate way of comparing what fuel is filled to tank versus kilometres travelled all fuel gauges even those used to measure filling have errors. so maybe your station has faulty gauges as well.
    Its wise to check things out before knocking a superb product that is better equipped than its competitors for a lot less money. You get a choice of petrol or diesel for same money and you get choice of beige or black interior for same money as well you jut have to wait a few months for it to be made as its not Renault big seller because of uniformed comments that circulate by people who get fixated by a car they see everywhere or are swayed by review commentators etc who are locked in to a certain brand and would not know a good vehicle if the fell over it, Im glad mine is not sitting on every corner looking like every other car going past ( I hope we still have a free will and we dont feel the need to impose our will upon others) My car is cool heat wise to drive, being white with a beige interior as im not like the herd mentality of because the neighbour has a black car i must drive one.
    Last edited by niks; 18th March 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niks View Post
    Comparing the mileage of two totally different cars is not the way to determine milage and a latitude is a lot heavier than a megane just for starters. Im sure he needs to see his doctor hahahaha if this is all thats keeping him awake
    Hi Niks, dont think Todd was knocking car 🚗 only thing was as pointed out two totally different cars probably fueled unhappyness but if was doing 8's mainly highway driving would say problem
    Last edited by Palah; 20th March 2015 at 12:36 PM.

Happy to report our 2012 diesel luxe with 70k is now showing 6.7 - 9 l/100k since moved out of Sydney. .. go to port Macquarie every now and then and 2.5 hr drive & back uses less than 1/2 tank ...dont drive for economy so quite happy ☺

Sent from my SM-T805Y using aussiefrogs mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information