Latitude Register - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Latitude Register

Quote Originally Posted by Beauf View Post
    Bonjour everyone,

2013 Latitude- Privilege, 2.0dci auto, Mars grey.

After driving his bosses 07 Megane 1.9dci manual for work (I bought it before it was traded in) and getting a constant economy of 5.3 litres per 100km, my father has had a late midlife crisis and after months of homework has bought his very first flash car a Latitude. It's done around 13 000 km.

Renault quotes 6.1 kilometres per 100kms but it's getting on average 8.3 litres per 100km, mostly highway kilometres and all driving miss daisy style.

My father is extremely obsessional about fuel economy, it's keeping him awake at night, has become his only topic of conversation, and causes him no end of discomfort when I tell him that my Megane just achieved the once mythical goal of a sub 5 litre per 100 km average. The Latitude was serviced by Renault at 11 000kms before delivery- oil changed, tyre pressures checked etc. My thoughts are that the engine needs to run in more and will loosen up, thereby reducing heat and friction.

I would really appreciate hearing from other people with a similar car about their average fuel economy and any thoughts on increasing economy.

Thankyou in advance
    Todd
    What pressure is he running in his tyres?

Advertisement

Bump them up to 40psi all round and see if the fuel economy improves. He should being seeing a flat 7 litres/100km, less on the hwy.

Dave
    2009 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi wagon
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

13,000 km is nowhere near run in. My last two new Renaults have needed around 30+k before they showed any performance qualities and thusly fuel economy. I'm happy to report my last highway drive of 300 km returned 8.1l /100 km sitting on a somewhat higher speed than promulgated in Victoria in the Koleos diesel. Better than my previous of 8.3l / 100 km for 5000 km through three states over Easter a coupla years ago sitting on the same speed.
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Tadpole

Hello Everyone. I'm new to both Renault ownership and the forum. I picked up a 2011 Latitude last weekend. It's the 2.0TD. So far I'm really impressed with it. It's got lots of creature comforts, it uses very little fuel and it's got a decent amount of poke when you want to put the foot down. Running around the Sunshine Coast, I'm getting 7.2 - 7.4 l/100km's which is less than half my old BMW X5 4,6IS used to use. Up here I pay $1.22 for diesel and used to pay $1.55 for PULP. I was surprised at the physical dimension of the car. It's a lot bigger than it looked in the car yard pictures. It's quite a bit longer than my old X5. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmrson View Post
    Hello Everyone. I'm new to both Renault ownership and the forum. I picked up a 2011 Latitude last weekend. It's the 2.0TD. So far I'm really impressed with it. It's got lots of creature comforts, it uses very little fuel and it's got a decent amount of poke when you want to put the foot down. Running around the Sunshine Coast, I'm getting 7.2 - 7.4 l/100km's which is less than half my old BMW X5 4,6IS used to use. Up here I pay $1.22 for diesel and used to pay $1.55 for PULP. I was surprised at the physical dimension of the car. It's a lot bigger than it looked in the car yard pictures. It's quite a bit longer than my old X5. All in all I'm very happy with the purchase.
    Hi johnmrson and welcome to the Latitude family and a small one at that! Glade to hear that you're happy with the new purchase, as is everyone that owns one. It's just a shame Renault didn't sell more of them!

I'm getting around 7.8L/100km around the city, but I also like to plant the foot down! On the open road, I'll easily get around 6.4L/100km, so they really are great on fuel, especially when you consider how big they are! When I picked up the Latitude and parked it next to my Laguna Mk3 diesel wagon, it was not only longer, but also taller, so yes, they're size is deceiving!!

I'm currently paying $1.18 for diesel here in Adelaide.

James
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2006 SMART ForFour Brabus 1.5L Turbo Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information