Latitude Hints, Tips and Problems - Page 4
  • Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Latitude Hints, Tips and Problems

Fellow Frogger!

Is there anyway to have the radio on and have the time showing somewhere (either on the nav screen or on the LCD in the dash)? If so, how?

Advertisement

Tadpole

Hi all

I have a 3.5 V6 Latitude 2013 with 26000 on the clock. It's been looked after well. only last week I noticed a fluid on the parking under the car.Checked undernead and could see fluid leaking (could't locate the source as it was above the tray). it is colorless with no significant smell. It shouldn't be engine oil as it is not that greasy and no change on engine oil level.
    I am suspicious it is transmission fluid. Could be anything else? The gears are changed smoothly no kick or slip.I am not driving it anymore to avoid any damage though.
    1- I can't find transmission fluid gauge to check the level. any advice/?!
    2- does anybody can comment if the fluid is reddish or colorless? As far as I know trans fluid is reddish.
    3- Warranty expired few months ago. You reckon going to renault dealers is alright?
    4- I assume the trans is Jacto JF163e.am I right?

I donít have a Lattitude however I do look after several Renaultís so I would suggest that you could very likely drive it without issue however you did not specify how much fluid you find after the car has sat.

Does the fluid evaporate? Could by water moisture being discharged from the aircon system. Could also perhaps be oil from the aircon system and given it is clear and thus would imply the refrigerant would have also escaped meaning the pressure switch would activate and the aircon system shut down.

My first action would to be to get the under engine cover off and see if there are any drips on the bottom of the cast housing between engine and gear box. This would indicate trans fluid.

Given you car has done very few kms and thus sat a fair amount it could be the main bearing seal on the crank output to gearbox. This does happen as it can deform if the car sits for extended periods unused. This happened to our Koleos but that was a extreme circumstance as the business that owned it before us did 1000k in 12 months in it!!

Prob a good idea to think it through and perhaps just get it checked for a leak if this canít be done yourself.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tadpole

it is not aircon water because it won't evaporates and lasts on the ground. the amount of leak is considerable, 3-4 full spoons for several trips.
    you'r guess might be right as I drove the car once every 3-4 weeks. if this is the case that cranckshaft seal is leaking, this is engine oil or trans fluid leaking? shouldn't the trans fluid be red?
    I have no chance to get under the car as it must be jacked up to get rid of the cover tray. and I have no stand. do you recommend a renault dealer or any service shop?

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information