Clio IV production
  • Register
  • Help

Default Clio IV production

Renault have announced that the new Clio IV will be made 60% in Turkey and 40% in Flins. This appears to be a compromise reached with Sarkozy when he called them in after the announcement that they would all be made in Turkey. The CEO of Renault says that the French built cars will be 1500 euros more expensive than the Turkish ones, but his statement was ambiguous as to whether the difference will be apparent in the market pricing of the cars.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

The new Clio from what I have seen looks amazing Gerry. What do you think?

It is like the 208, a serious effort to improve build quality and reduce costs. Political polemics apart, the French and indeed the European car market is in recession and the market has shifted in favour of lower cost vehicles. The logical commercial route for Renault was to move production to a lower cost location untainted by industrial disputes and political in-fighting. I would hope that the several hundred million spent in designing and tooling this new model results in a better car, the Renault management is far from stupid.
    The challenge that they face in France with this car is apparent in the sales statistics, they can't deliver enough Dacias!
    I hope that it gives them a worthy competitor in its segment in their development strategy in international markets - a segment that is fiercely competitive.

Reports I've read say the entry model hear will be a 1.0 litre turbo 3cyl, and the talk is the entry model will be priced around $16,000-$17,000. At that sort of price, as long as it could cope on the highway (my 1.4 Clio 2 does fine), I'd definitely update.

The new motor is one of the current shift to 3 cyl 1 tr turbos with very good economy and pollution credentials. Overview at
    http://www.renault.fr/gamme-renault/...motorisations/
    Ford, PSA and most of the Europeans are meeting the new regulations with this configuration.
    While clearly ahead of its predecessor, whether it has improved Renault's competitive position, the market will decide.
    I would hate to be in this industry at the moment, you have to run very fast and hard to stay with the opposition and as to getting ahead........
    Last edited by gerry freed; 8th September 2012 at 03:35 PM.

These new small turbos are very good . Drive a VW 1.2 TSI Polo, and it was very impressive. Stacks of torque from very low revs.

same engine also used in Skoda Yeti (90% of Yeti we sell are 1.2 turbo) and Fabia small hatch. Suprisingly good to drive. No fireball but no slug either.
    No Clio for our market will come from Turkey due to cost. It is a segment we need to be in , that sub 20k price point. Looks good and lets hope the aussie buying public warm to it !
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Quote Originally Posted by RickHy View Post
    same engine also used in Skoda Yeti (90% of Yeti we sell are 1.2 turbo) and Fabia small hatch. Suprisingly good to drive. No fireball but no slug either.
    No Clio for our market will come from Turkey due to cost. It is a segment we need to be in , that sub 20k price point. Looks good and lets hope the aussie buying public warm to it !
    Then you need the Duster, it sells at 12k euros here and the market is supply limited.

Thread Information