2008 Goon Wagon
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 2008 Goon Wagon

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Default 2008 Goon Wagon

Went to look at a 2008 Laguna Wagon Diesel Auto today at 573 Pittwater Road, Brookvale which is advertised on FleaBay. ONly 17000 kms and in good nick. Very nice chap approached me. It is a great car BUT for $21,995 it is a bit rich.

Red Book has them a lot less expensive. I did make a lowball offer which was flatly refused but I shall watch the car with interest. They are a bit of an orphan no matter the mileage. 4 years old means they should have the timing belt changed (see other threads) which was not apparent but there is still some warranty left as it was not fdelivered until early 2011.

It's still a 2008 build car.

Alastair

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Alistair I think the lag111 diesel has a timing chain...These are a great car and much under rated,Red Book values are far lower than what they are changing hands for.My advice is if it is as good as that buy it you will be a very happy camper!

Peter

Just checked owners manual and it is a generic one that says change the belt on all renault vehicles,but then rang dealer who says Lag111's have a timing chain but obviously you do have to change the aux belt.
    Last edited by pclio; 6th September 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: outside advice
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Hi Petter

many thanks for your welcome response and advice. I shall definitely think again

Alastair

The Herald-Sun Cars Guide has the Laguna 3 as their 'Buying Used' review this week. Not sure if the Telegraph has the same article or not. Worth a read, but having said that, I'd probably trust the info on here better than there.

I have a very nice Scenic you could buy mate :-)
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Fellow Frogger!

Sun reviewwas full of errors eg. the price comparisons with earlierLag 11's which were dearer than lag111's not cheaper.It was almost a non specific review that was half full of stuff that would apply to any car.Smithy did get it right about the diesel being the pick and the auto being good.Used car pricing was way too high so somewhere between that and RB's low figure may be right.

Stll thinkthat wagon at say $21000 D/A would be a good buy.

Peter.
    Current 2015 Clio Sport RS200 ND MX5, prev Megane Gt Line diesel hatch,Laguna 111 diesel, Lag 11 diesel,lag 11 V6,clio x2 ,Megane sedan;R10'and 12's x heaps.

Thread Information