Who knows what
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Who knows what

Default Who knows what

Early this year while test driving the 250 Trophy I enquired if and when the 265 would come to Perth. I thought that before I purchase the 250 I could wait for the 265 which I had been following on the net.
    I was told by Reno Osb Park that the 265 would not be coming to Australia. Lucky I held back, he didnt have a clue. 2 colours white and yellow ???? why

Advertisement

Wayne
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969
    Ford Single Spinner Ute 49

Which one you gonna buy...

Quote Originally Posted by r8waynerenault View Post
    Early this year while test driving the 250 Trophy I enquired if and when the 265 would come to Perth. I thought that before I purchase the 250 I could wait for the 265 which I had been following on the net.
    I was told by Reno Osb Park that the 265 would not be coming to Australia. Lucky I held back, he didnt have a clue. 2 colours white and yellow ???? why

Wayne

Wayne,
    You are an anathema to those in the car sales business. That is someone who follows the movements of manufacturers and are years ahead in knowing about new releases.
    If there was a chance that the salesman knew what was coming in the future he won't be letting on if he can't be rid of the model they have in the showroom.

Exactly it aint a good selling point is it...

Ie yeah this is the current creamof the crop but in 6 months a better one will come along.....

There will always be better!!! (well in most cases..)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    Wayne,
    You are an anathema to those in the car sales business. That is someone who follows the movements of manufacturers and are years ahead in knowing about new releases.
    If there was a chance that the salesman knew what was coming in the future he won't be letting on if he can't be rid of the model they have in the showroom.
    This guy was the Sales Manager and I heard rumours that the 265 was coming, no crystal Ball stuff. The matter of moving stock on the floor he was saying they couldnt get enough of them at that time so I had to be quick, yehhh right
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Which one you gonna buy...
    Due to the uncertain arrival of the 265 I havent moved on it yet. I will wait till 2013 now and see if there are any demo's on offer or good secondhand cars available in the market place.
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969

Due to the uncertain arrival of the 265 I havent moved on it yet. I will wait till 2013 now and see if there are any demo's on offer or good secondhand cars available in the market place.
    In addition to this I forgot to mention, we test drove the Toyota GTS86 and My wife went weak at the knees so she is pushing me that way. I had bought my wife the DS3 which is now 12 months old which she loves but is prepared to let it go for the 86.
    What do you do, my wish for a 250 or 265 goes down the priority list
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969

1000+ Posts

You will probably pay heaps more for the extra lousy 15hp with the 265....read flavour of the month. The following year they will announce a 285.....and the rush begins again.
    Just get the 250 now...take it to a dyno and have them override the factory ECU....to have a 310 !!!! You will be years ahead !! :}
    [see my other post about 250 at a dyno ]
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

This guy was the Sales Manager and I heard rumours that the 265 was coming, no crystal Ball stuff. The matter of moving stock on the floor he was saying they couldnt get enough of them at that time so I had to be quick, yehhh right
    I drove past yesterday and it looked to me as if Renault have moved on from that Osborne Park showroom...... As have S**B and Hummer......
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    I drove past yesterday and it looked to me as if Renault have moved on from that Osborne Park showroom...... As have S**B and Hummer......

Johnno,
    Interesting times. The only main SAAB outlet in WA.
    Hummer? well they would always be short lived. Poor old Renault being shoved from pillar to post, again.
    That magnificent showroom in Osb Park. I cant see the parent Co getting rid of that. Maybe an outlet for the stand alone Opel ?

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    You will probably pay heaps more for the extra lousy 15hp with the 265....read flavour of the month. The following year they will announce a 285.....and the rush begins again.
    Just get the 250 now...take it to a dyno and have them override the factory ECU....to have a 310 !!!! You will be years ahead !! :}
    [see my other post about 250 at a dyno ]
    I appreciate the feedback thank you
    Regards
    Wayne
    Wayne Vernon
    Reno R8 63
    Falcon XT GT 1969

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Coincidence? Renault Mentone in Victoria also had SAAB and Hummer and have given all of them the flick to become Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealers. Our new Renault dealer is Renault Brighton, whom I have yet to visit........
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information