Dauphine
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Dauphine

Tadpole

Default Dauphine

I e just bought a dauphine and not sure what year or model it has a tag which reads R1090
    12s556s and número 591131s can anyone help do I know what year and model do I can start the restoration

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    I e just bought a dauphine and not sure what year or model it has a tag which reads R1090
    12s556s and número 591131s can anyone help do I know what year and model do I can start the restoration
    Hi there Rama and welcome.

I suggest you consider joining the Renault 4CV Register of Australia, where we have many members who can help. No doubt some of our folk will respond here. If you use Google, you'll find them and the email contacts.

Does yours have 5 bolt "spider" wheels or the more common three stud wheels?

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

It has three stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rama View Post
    it has a tag which reads R1090 12s556s and número 591131s can anyone help do I know what year and model do I can start the restoration
    The numbers look slightly incorrect, the 's' you have noted is likely an 8 instead.

The numbers are likely as follows: Oval Plate R1090 1285568 and Diamond Plate 5911318.

If the numbers are as above, it will be a 1961 model year Dauphine.

R1090 is the model, Dauphine, which is fitted with the Type 670-01 845cc motor. And either a three speed gearbox as standard, or a choice of an optional four speed gearbox, or three speed Ferlec clutch (semi-automatic) gearbox.

There was also the R1091 which is the Dauphine Gordini which has a more powerful (40 bhp) motor, four speed gearbox as standard and a few extra trim frills. Then there is also the R1093, an extra high performance (relative to the standard Dauphine) version which has modified suspension, steering and brakes, and was only available in LHD. Only one R1093 Dauphie was imported to Australia by the Geoghegan brothers in the early 1960's, unfortunately it no longer exists.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Fellow Frogger!

If considering joining the 4cv Register, contact Frank Wicks [email protected] for information, we have a quartlerly newsletter, and plenty of enthusiasts that know all about classic rear engined renaults. We have a Muster every second year, next is easter 2013 which will be held in Junee. Local motels are filling up fast, expecting a good weekend with local drives and a visit to the Temora Airshow.
    Hope this does not sound like an advertisement.
    regards,
    Renosprite

No reason NOT to advertise that I can think of!

Quote Originally Posted by RENOSPRITE View Post
    If considering joining the 4cv Register, contact Frank Wicks [email protected] for information, we have a quartlerly newsletter, and plenty of enthusiasts that know all about classic rear engined renaults. We have a Muster every second year, next is easter 2013 which will be held in Junee. Local motels are filling up fast, expecting a good weekend with local drives and a visit to the Temora Airshow.
    Hope this does not sound like an advertisement.
    regards,
    Renosprite
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

Ok i have started restoring the Dauphine and have posted alot of pics, was wondering where is the best place to get parts from, maybe even someone who has a parts list with pricing so i can start ordering what i need and also so i can wqork out what i will try to keep and what i can just replace!

Thread Information