Megane Diesel - 0% Finance Offer
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Megane Diesel - 0% Finance Offer

Taken up the Nissan finance offer for Megane Diesel (Wife's car). Delivery on Wed 29 August.

I will report on our experiences as we put some km on this very interesting little diesel!

Advertisement

good work diesel. I hope you are happy with your new renault. I took up the offer to update the wifes car. Silly not too hey !
    Rick
    Geelong Vic
    2012 Koleos Dynamique - Family Wagon

PAST:
    Clio RS172 .... Silver - Damn strong car !
    10 Fluence Privilege Sedan Black
    07 RS225 3 door - Monako Blue
    07 Megane Privilege Sedan Black
    Chevrolet Corvette- red of course
    Nissan Skyline GTS turbo - fantastic machine
    Alfa Romeo 33 Quattro Wagon -ebayed for profit!

Tadpole

We have had the Megane diesel for a few days now. Very happy with the package. A few early observations:- The K9K engine is somewhat noisy (compared to our 508 Diesel), but this is acceptable given the $20k price difference and the Pug is 16 valve whereas the Renault is 8 valve. Apparently the 1.5 L engine's fuel consumption has been improved by 25% since 2008 and this Euro 5 engine can meet anticipated Euro 6 clean air rules by replacing the catalyst with a combined catalyst NOx trap. I have read that Renault have sold 9 Million of the 1.5 L engine and the Valladolid plant(Spain) can make 900,000 units a year!

The Efficient Duel Clutch transmission is smooth and responsive and lives up to the advertisements. Vehicle build is impressive and altogether a very good hatch. First service is 15,000k or 12 months, but given we are doing mainly city driving, I think I will opt for an oil & filter change at 7500k.
    2012 508 Allure Diesel
    2012 Megane Diesel
    2012 Koleos Dynamique (Petrol) (Daughter).

Past Benz W124 E220 (burnt out wiring harness $$$) & Benz W210 E240 (blown valve guide seals at 150Km!!ouch$$$$), distant past, Benz W123 300D (2) Benz W115 200D, remote past Mazda 626 Diesel, Tarago Diesel, Gemini Diesel.

Thread Information