Megane window malfunction - advice please
  • Register
  • Help
    IWS

Default Megane window malfunction - advice please

My wife's Megane has a window (front passenger side) which will not close. All other windows operate OK which suggests that the fuse is intact. Operating the switch for the window - one can hear something operating inside the door. My guess - based on a similar problem with my Xantia - is that the operating cable mechanism for the window has failed. Any advice from others who have had a similar problem?

Advertisement

Ian.

2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

IWS

Thanks Dave. Should have thought to look for a previous thread on the topic. Looks as though it may be the regulator.

Ian.

My wifes megane cabriolet did this about 2 yrs ago. I removed the mechanism (easy job) and found 1 strand of the wire cable had broken and was tangling up in the mechanism. I carefully removed the strand and reassembled. Very tedious ! Just last week I was informed that it was playing up again so this time I will change the mechanism if I can find one at a wrecker.

Dumb question but is the "regulator" in the previous threads some sort of motor controller?

Thread Information