Renault Megane Privilege DCi new
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Megane Privilege DCi new

Hi Renault files,

I am a Citroen person, and this is my first ever post in Renault land.

Advertisement

The last post about zero interest is quite an interesting read.

We a moving from Citroen C4 to Megane Priv DCI auto. It is coming from Peter Warren in Sydney, and delivery is mid this week.

Can anyone enlighten me on what to expect with my first Renault? I think the diesel is the way to go, and I was just in the process of haggling last week, when a dealer called me the day before the zero deal with the news. Cheap interest did move me in the direction of a Renault, but they seem to be a very nice little machine, and they have a huge fan base like Citroen.

I cannot figure out why the zero results in higher monthly repayments, and 1.9 seems cheaper, all from their finance calculator. Either way, I am happy with the cost of the new car, and I have gone silver with charcoal leather. Great specs and the car has the lot.

I am told they have very low running costs which is awesome.

Chris Mortimer

hey Chris, welcome to Renault land ...its a great place to be.

The boys at PW are really good ... Joey & Kevin are great guys, so your in good hands.

As for the finance, the zero interest is only for 36 mths and the 1.9 is upto 48 mths so it works out a little cheaper.

At the end of the day if you can afford the amount over the 36 mths your way ahead.

Well done mate, you will love, i got my 250 from Kevin an he was great.
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Fellow Frogger!

Default Megane

Thanks Dom.

I'm excited about it, and Joey and Kevin have been on my case, plus three girls which has been great in the male driven car selling profession!!

I am doing it over four years, and happy with the offer.

It is the car that interests me more than talk of finance.

I have not heard bad things about them, and there seems to be little or no bad press on new Renault.

Currently I am doing a hundred kilometers a day to work and back, so I wanted a car that is low maintenance, frugal on fuel, light and with no massive brake pad and replacement costs. I was told pads at 60000 and rotors and pads at 120000 which sounds great.

The long warranty is great and the capped services, but I would love to know what I am in for from 60000 onwards in terms of costs. Apart from brake pads, does anyone know what to expect? One of the Renault sales people said they were expensive because of higher oil cost, and filters etc. I have no idea.

Anyway, the Priv is a great pack, and has lots of goodies, so I reckon well and truly worth the extra bucks over Dynamique.

The guy from Crawfords says electricals are courtesy of Nissan, which is interesting. Are there any other Nissan components that I need to know about? They seem solid and well made, but dash and steering wheel seem a little lighter and more plasticy. I am sure they are solid and long lasting.

In terms of resale, I hate to think, but DCi should have more appeal than petrol.

Shall wait and see.

Chris Mortimer

Renault and Nissan share a global purchasing system which saves them millions annually. It also means you will have an increasing number of common parts in both makes.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information