Inertial Seatbelts in an R10 - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Tadpole

Default R10 seatbelts

Where did you mount the reel?

Advertisement

Why hasn't anyone bothered to answer the original question ? or are we all too busy pushing our own barrows?????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by reno1151 View Post

Why hasn't anyone bothered to answer the original question ? or are we all too busy pushing our own barrows?????
    for the record, yes i did.

For mine, I was going to bolt a piece of right angle steel with radiused edges to the floor (cut out from a spare piece of retaining wall C section) using the original seat belt anchor point by the B-Pillar and bolt the inertia reel mechanism to the vertical part of the steel which would be almost up against the b-pillar. The reel mechanism should fit in nicely and clear the seat tracks and uses all factory seat belt anchor points.
    cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    For mine, I was going to bolt a piece of right angle steel with radiused edges to the floor (cut out from a spare piece of retaining wall C section).
    How about consulting with somewhere like Willshires on South Rd at Marleston. That way you get a solution that would pass (better) muster from rego and insurance authorities, if things go pear shaped and eyes are cast over the car to find out what went wrong.
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    That would be a casual slip of the pen leading to phrasing that only a dimwit would take out of context. Sorry, two dimwits!
    Clearly, as the atavar ages, the brain cells are suffering :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 4cvg View Post
    Clearly, as the atavar ages, the brain cells are suffering :-)
    From where I sit, the text, taken in it's entirety, made sense to all involved in the discussion. Except to those cloth eared types who are also so blinkered so as to be unable to see the wood from the trees. I'd point out that my brain cells have never suffered so much since availing myself of the fascinating mental powers available from the "Cognoscenti" of the Pond.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    From where I sit, the text, taken in it's entirety, made sense to all involved in the discussion. Except to those cloth eared types who are also so blinkered so as to be unable to see the wood from the trees. I'd point out that my brain cells have never suffered so much since availing myself of the fascinating mental powers available from the "Cognoscenti" of the Pond.
    Kim, no offence was intended; it was just a light-hearted jab. Clearly, your meaning was obvious despite formal error. (Mind you, strictly, the back-reference of the pronoun is 'cars' regardless of what other sentences are in the paragraph.)
    Anyway, closed exchange from my end. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    How about consulting with somewhere like Willshires on South Rd at Marleston. That way you get a solution that would pass (better) muster from rego and insurance authorities, if things go pear shaped and eyes are cast over the car to find out what went wrong.
    Good call Simon, I'd also recommend to anyone that's not qualified to do such safety related modifications, pay some one like Willshires to do the conversion. I'm no stranger to vehicle mods/conversions followed by full Regency inspection for rego and I tend to over engineer for my own piece of mind.
    cheers,

John

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information