Renault Megane - Fuel economy display fault
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Renault Megane - Fuel economy display fault

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum - first post!

I have an '03 megane convertible that doesn't display fuel economy stats in the in-dash display. I can get distance info, but when i switch to fuel economy info, i just get a line of flashing dashes. Could it just be a bad connection into the dash?

Phil

Advertisement

Howdy, and welcome.

The display won't activate until you're going faster than 30kph, if memory serves me correctly.

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

My wife's 02 Megane Convertible doesn't have some functions on the readout because it is a down-market version. I think they were named Dynamique or Authentique. (Displayed in the glovebox.) The display looks the same as the one in my RX4 but doesn't display half the guff. The way to tell if yours is going to work or not is to check whether it has leather seats and if the ragtop is not black. Otherwise, it's the non-gourmet version, no fuel economy display.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Tadpole

Thnx for the input ...

MIKEE - In my peugeot, the display flat-lines as you described when the car isn't moving; in the renault the 'line' blinks constantly, moving or stationary.

Kim - the car is a Privilege (which I thought was the top-of-the-line model), with leather seats but a black roof.

The annoying blinking of the model is what made me think it was a fault rather than a deliberate omission.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDW56 View Post
    Thnx for the input ...

MIKEE - In my peugeot, the display flat-lines as you described when the car isn't moving; in the renault the 'line' blinks constantly, moving or stationary.

Kim - the car is a Privilege (which I thought was the top-of-the-line model), with leather seats but a black roof.

The annoying blinking of the model is what made me think it was a fault rather than a deliberate omission.
    My goon would show lines until enough data was collected to make an assessment. This only happened after resetting the device.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDW56 View Post
    Perhaps check the handbook, a blinking display is usually a fault indication.

I've attached some documentation that I think may help you :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Tadpole

Hi Jo

Thnx for this ... unfortunately not knowing how to reset the computer doesn't advance my cause ... that's kinda what I needed to know ... nothing in the handbook except "Take Me To Your Dealer" ...

Tadpole

Default Fixed!!!

Europa

Thnx for this ... Fixed it!!!

The zip wasn't exactly the same as my beast, but near enough ... for the record, on my car, once I got it to display the fault condition 'd' clearing it required a push of the trip reset button.

Thnx again ... one slightly happier driver!

Phil

Thread Information