fuego central locking
  • Register
  • Help

Default fuego central locking

I probably should know the answer to this one, but as most my knowledge of fuego is need based, and I have never had an issue in this area, i dont know what the problem is caused by.

My central locking works fine with the dash switch, but when the key is used, it only opens the door that is keyed and leaves the other one locked.

Advertisement

Any ideas??

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I probably should know the answer to this one, but as most my knowledge of fuego is need based, and I have never had an issue in this area, i dont know what the problem is caused by.

My central locking works fine with the dash switch, but when the key is used, it only opens the door that is keyed and leaves the other one locked.

Any ideas??

Jo
    The switch on the lock where you use the key is futu.

There will be a switch that operates off the mechanical action of unlocking the lock cylinder with a key.

This switch sends the "unlock" command to all other door/s and hatch (?).

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    The switch on the lock where you use the key is futu.

There will be a switch that operates off the mechanical action of unlocking the lock cylinder with a key.

This switch sends the "unlock" command to all other door/s and hatch (?).
    Thanks, rob.

I suppose its door cards off time again.

Jo

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Possible solution!!

Could be that the doors have been replaced from either an earlier or later car, the wiring is just slightly different.

In my case I replaced the left hand door in a 1986 series 2 with a silver door from the wreckers to avoid addresing the rust in that door. When I fitted it, I found that both doors would open with the key from the drivers side, but from the passenger side only that door opens with the key, formerly before the swap of doors using the key to open from either side opened both doors.

Might be that your drivers door has been replaced? I haven't bothered to rectify the passenger door operation, it doesn't really bother me, though it could be easily fixed by removing the original key lock and wiring and fitting it to the replacement passenger side.

Yours should trace to a similar wiring/lock configuration, just compare the wiring with both early and later doors, I'm sure you have a stock of them, if not I do!!

Regards

Ken

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Ken,

have you got sample of lock with lever for mechanical connection ?

mine drives me nuts as well, bloody drivers door needs to have the motor running to lock, volts are running away somewhere.....

cheers,
    Bob

1000+ Posts

Bob

You are welcome anytime, to sort through the doors here, the keylocks themselves are pretty poor in construction in some way (though I guess they have done their fair share of use at their age!!) if the key slot isn't vertical after locking or unlocking, it can stay energised and either burn out the safety throw out solenoid under the dash, and maybe cause other problems from the worn door lock mechanism.

Ken

bob
    1000+ Posts

Thanks Ken,

the switches on these locks are pretty ratty affairs, it's amazing they last so long. I'm really looking for the mechanical action to defeat the occasional flat battery problem - lots quicker than finding the wire hook to unlatch the bonnet Also need to see where it all hooks up as I've never seen any mechanical lock interconnect for this model, and if I have to make little arms for the barrels it would be good to have a working model to copy

Mine is still working ok with the GonzPlip, but only on one door, the other has a voltage drop problem, there's always something isn't there......

Find that since I greased up the earths on the pass side under the octopus that the battery indicator window is now usually green you win sometimes. Or, the damn thing is lulling me into a false sense of security.

Jo, used to be plenty of rotary switches in the electronics shops, got to be worth investigating when you've nothing to do.....

cheers,
    Bob

Icon10 FueGonz no more

Hello, good friends. I don't know yet what Fandango may have posted but the Gonz machine is no more. I t was carted off to someplace like U-Pull-It last weekend. I'm reminded of the perfectly good alarm clocks my Dada would let me pull apart, just to have me find them too hard to reassemble - generous way of nurturing an engineering career!

Now Fandango has found the rebuild too hard, mainly for sourcing critical parts despite all good efforts and intentions across the land. Some minimal stuff that didn't make its way onto the body needs a good home. I'll look for some time to put up some details. What come to mind are the hardly used towbar and 14" rims/tyres including one original TRX wheel/tyre that served as a much needed spare a couple of times, and a fully reworked engine head.

I've kept some bits 'n pieces for GonzPlips for either sentimental or developmental value - time and the market will tell. Thanks to everyone for the thrilling adventure spanning more than ten years - I'm all the better for it, especially in the friends department.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gonz View Post
    ..Thanks to everyone for the thrilling adventure spanning more than ten years - I'm all the better for it, especially in the friends department.

jo

Thread Information