Clio electrical problem
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Clio electrical problem

I have a 2003 Clio 1.4 auto and I have an electrical problem. The headlights flicker,the dash lwarning lights come on and off and sometimes when you put high beam on the auto has a shudder A few years back I had the same problem which I thought I had fixed by cleaning up the dash earth where the dash frame is bolted to the chassis below the A pillar.I wander if anyone else has had this problem.
    PS. Thanks for the suggestions and help last time as I couldn't reply because the Aussiefrogs web site had crashed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Check your battery and make sure it's up to snuff. An old or bad battery causes all manner of odd problems on newer cars.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

I had a similar-ish problem, but not to the same degree with my 2003 Clio (1.4 manual). Whenever I indicated, all my other warning lights glowed (but not as brightly as when they were on) in unison with the indicators.

A work collegue's brother is an auto-eclectrician, and I took it to him. Turned out it was a faulty earth on the rear lights caused by rust. He said the problem was finding where the fault actually is, I was lucky, he found it quickly, and it only cost $40.

Thread Information