Did anyone check this one out ????
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Did anyone check this one out ????

Hi guys a friend of mine as seen a Red Fuego recently advertised on ebay, gumtree etc, it had a buy now which didnt reach 2600$. he now as the chance to buy. but been here in tassie is wondering if any one as viewed and there opions and advice.below is the worded add. i have seen the pics and it appears very good.

Hi I'm selling my rare collectable top of the range Fuego, Reason being a collectable car is its colour combination and being a gtx 2.0 that was featured in all Renault front cover brochures, magazines and t.v commercials in the 80's.

This car is a rare red coupe gtx 2.0 liter, 5speed manual factory a.c, power windows,central locking, alloys and mud flaps. Car has original service books and warranty books also original keys, custom factory ordered rubber floor mats, as shown in photo,
    This car was originally sold from Renault in East Ivanhoe in 1985 and still has original sticker on rear window, also this car still has the original factory wheels and matching spare wheel.
    Please note this car is all original from height to paint and trim and is still in very good condition due to always being garaged. The original engine has had a full rebuilt, it does not blow any smoke, no oil leaks or burning oil, no noises, it runs like a brand new car and still is currently up to date with its service, next service due at 196000kms.
    Please note this is not an import it is australian delivery and compliance vehicle.
    Car will sold with no registration or roadworthy.
    As anyone here looked at the car??
    Thanking you all in advance also been in Tassie he is reluctant to travel without a little more assurance. Cheers david may be we get another Tassie frogs member and increase the number of Fuego's in tassie by about 20%

Advertisement

He keeps re-listing it and obviously doesn't want to let it go for less than. 2k. I haven't looked at it as with 4 of the "rare" red ones I don't need another one. After having had a bad experience with a supposedly immaculate Fuego I wouldn't consider paying what is a relatively high price for a Fuego unless you can get someone trustwothy to look at it.
    Bolla

85 Feugo x2
    83 Fuego (stored parts car)
    75 R12 Almost on the road!
    74 R12 Wagon undergoing restoration
    03 BMW K1200RS

Ford Territory & Focus

Previously
    too many Fords to list
    73 R12
    79 Virage

Please note this car is all original from height to paint and trim and is still in very good condition due to always being garaged.
    BS.

The tail lights are faded more than any I have ever seen and the exterior trim on the car is not correct let alone original.

Its an instant give away that someone who doesn't know fuego's (a panel beater, say) has put the trim on the panels outside of the wheels.

Jo

IWS

I agree with Bolla's advice – do not even consider buying unless someone whose judgement you can trust checks out the car. To me there is something quite odd about the wording of the ad. It strikes me that this is *not* a Renault enthusiast who is selling the car – but someone who has got the car from who–knows-where and has pieced together things that he or she thinks makes the car “rare” and desirable.

Does the seller respond to questions? If so, I’d be asking how long they have had the car, if they had it when registered and running, who previous owner was, where the car has been serviced and if there are service records. Responses to that might be illuminating.

Overall, I’d be moving very cautiously.

BTW – where is the car for sale? (Maybe someone from AF who is close by could have a preliminary look for you/your mate). Or maybe it is not even worth that effort?

Cheers
    Ian.
    Last edited by IWS; 30th July 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: correct spelling

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

looks shonky and a crazy price, they'll want to be really patient....

see that gumtree also found another one "nearby", in Gawler !! and only $450, but it don't go round corners, hopefuls out there.....

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

Cheers Guys, every one seems to confirm my thoughts, from what i believe the cars in the melbourne area. we are in thailand at present so cant view. i will call the seller on our return and maybe see if theres any froggers near by would would maybe have a look at for us. meanwhile hope its not to cold back home ahahaha.

Sanath has some of his Fuego collection advertised in the for sale section if you are serious about getting another one..
    Bolla

85 Feugo x2
    83 Fuego (stored parts car)
    75 R12 Almost on the road!
    74 R12 Wagon undergoing restoration
    03 BMW K1200RS

Ford Territory & Focus

Previously
    too many Fords to list
    73 R12
    79 Virage

Its back, with a more realistic price.....99 cents and no reserve.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Renault-F...ht_1290wt_1152

Looking at his ebay feedback he is definitely a dealer.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Looking at his ebay feedback he is definitely a dealer.

Dave
    I did a google search of his phone number and a variety of cars came up, so I suspect you might be correct.

Jo

Administrator

Well it eventually sold on ebay for $2025. Anyone here?

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day,

the power of greedbay, who would have thought, no rego, no rwc, ancient rubber..... It is nice and clean :-))

cheers,
    Bob

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=bob;1095541]G'day,

the power of greedbay, who would have thought, no rego, no rwc, ancient rubber..... It is nice and clean :-))

cheers,
    Bob[/QUOTE
    I was keeping an eye on the sale also strange how a***g had and was bidding on every Ome of the sellers current and previous sales not that Iam suggesting he was bidding himself

Thread Information