Where to have bumpers Chromed?
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! Paul T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bathurst, NSW.
    Posts
    265

    Default Where to have bumpers Chromed?

    Hi all,
    Has anyone had there bumpers re-chromed in or around Sydney?

    Advertisement


    Any recommendations?

    Thanks.
    Paul.

    Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts renault8&10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    I used Astor Metal Finishes in Malta St Villawood.
    They did an excellent job, but were pricey. - Around $1000 each from memory complete.

    I've heard good reports of a mob in Albury, but not used them.

    The other place I used for odds and ends (mostly gold cad plating) was "chrome for Cruizing" in St Mary's area, but I think they just subbie out to someone else anyhow.

    KB
    KB


  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Hi Paul

    No where is cheap anymore so be prepared to pay - unless someone knows a place in Vic.

    A;lastair

  4. #4
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    33,042

    Default Re Cost..

    I had my bumpers done on the Gold Coast 4 years ago and the standard rate was $500 per bumper..

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canberra ACT
    Posts
    685

    Default

    I got all the chrome on the front of my A110, that is the front bar, over riders, headlight rims and long range head light rims, done at Chromeworld here in Fyshwick, ACT, for $1135 and they did a great job. This did not include bonnet hinges. Took the bits in, they take a photo and then return the photo of your parts with a quote for each one in afelt pen and then you pick and choose what you want done. All the parts were affected by rust, especially the head light rims. The rear bar, especially the centre section, was too far gone and too expensive to repair so replaced the lot with a new sections on the rear.

    For Sydney siders, a bit closer than Albury- Wodonga or Victoria!

    bazzamac

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Bad Bertie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,575

    Default

    There was and maybe still is a mob called Blue Chrome in the Bankstown area.

  7. #7
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    There was and maybe still is a mob called Blue Chrome in the Bankstown area.
    I was about to suggest them. They did the studs on our CX and they came up a treat. XM Driver had XM studs done by them too and those are still good.

    A trip to Blue Chrome is something that any car restorer should undertake - just for the experience...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! Paul T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bathurst, NSW.
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazzamac View Post
    I got all the chrome on the front of my A110, that is the front bar, over riders, headlight rims and long range head light rims, done at Chromeworld here in Fyshwick, ACT, for $1135 and they did a great job. This did not include bonnet hinges. Took the bits in, they take a photo and then return the photo of your parts with a quote for each one in afelt pen and then you pick and choose what you want done. All the parts were affected by rust, especially the head light rims. The rear bar, especially the centre section, was too far gone and too expensive to repair so replaced the lot with a new sections on the rear.

    For Sydney siders, a bit closer than Albury- Wodonga or Victoria!

    bazzamac
    Thanks for all the info. Apparently there is also a mob in Ingleburn south of Sydney as well, also someone in Penrith who sprays chrome?? Looks like chrome but its paint? I googled Blue Chrome and I will ring them tomorrow.

    Paul.

    Paul Tomlinson
    R1135 Gordini 1968.
    Jaguar XJ-C V12 1975.
    Alpine GTA- ATMO 1987.
    Jaguar X Type 2002.

  9. #9
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    corowa
    Posts
    10

    Default

    i have had a fair bit of chrome done by Dennis rule at albury electroplate rs and i find them to be very good they chrome most of the truck rims you see on the highway

  10. #10
    My Supermodel 63-1092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?
    Posts
    10,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    I've heard good reports of a mob in Albury, but not used them.


    KB
    When I had a three stud wheel insert welded into a six inch rim last year, they sent it off from Lilydale to Albury to get chromed, so even the guys in the industry use them.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •