Megane RS 250 Cup Replacement Stereo
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 Megane RS 250 Cup Replacement Stereo

It's not the most awe inspiring music player I've had to live with, so I'd like to improve it.

One approach might be to just fit some piezo tweeters and a sub to the existing kit, which would retain the car integration.

However, does anyone have any experience in upgrading the speakers and head unit while keeping a reasonable level of integration with the steering wheel controls?

Thanks all
    Andrew

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger! young 4 old pug's Avatar

In order to keep the steering controls you will need to fit a CAN BUS interface box thingy - from memory one to a JCV unit I had was going to cost me around $250 but I ended up fitting something else with out the interface.
    Current stash
    too many.

Passed over stash
    lots.

Quote Originally Posted by catsaver View Post
    It's not the most awe inspiring music player I've had to live with, so I'd like to improve it.

One approach might be to just fit some piezo tweeters and a sub to the existing kit, which would retain the car integration.

However, does anyone have any experience in upgrading the speakers and head unit while keeping a reasonable level of integration with the steering wheel controls?

Thanks all
    Andrew
    Hi ya ..best bet is to have a look on www.ozrenaultsport.com
    Join up and go to the ICE section.

I did a major upgrade to my 250, the stereo has to be the worst I have ever had by far. I spent over 4 k which is not that much really. Yes you do need a can bus adaptor if you want to keep the factory head unit.

One thing really worth doing is dynamat on the doors.

But all will be answered with pictures on oz Renault

Dom
    Dom
    2017 Renault Koleos Intens Pearl white
    2014 RenaultSport Megane 275 Trophy RST 275
    1976 Renault 17 Gordini ... Welcome "Edwin"
    1967 R10 Round Eye ...Aug 16 gone but not forgotten
    1967 R8 Gordini 1135 ... Welcome "Jimmy Gordini"

Fellow Frogger!

The main way to keep these integrated head units is to install a processor. Examples are Audison Bitone, Rockford Fosgate 360.2, JBL MS8, Alpine have one I can't remember. The Bitone is pretty great, and there are heaps more.
    They take the signal from the speaker outputs of the head unit, join them back up, normalise them and create a great signal to send off to amplifiers. All without having to muck around with aftermarket head unit or controls etc.

Thread Information