Alpine A 110 rear cardan joints
  • Register
  • Help

Default Alpine A 110 rear cardan joints

Guys,

Im a German and new here, hello to everyone.
    I own a Renault Alpine A 110 and are desperately going to source a stronger solution for the cardan joints of the rear swing axle. Ive heared that in Australia there`s someone who offers a BMW-Cardan joint what is modified to fit to the A 110 gearbox . I need - of course - the stronger version of the 1600 engine with toothing of the 364 / 385 / NG 5 gearbox, not the weaker version of 330/353 box.
    Maybe there`s a solution with stronger axle shafts with thicker dia. on the wheel side of the cardan, on the diff-side I need the std. toothing.
    For those who doesn`t know the design of the axle: The cardan joint runs inside a ball-shaped cone on the gear end of the axle tube, what means a limited installation space for the cardan dia. So the number of suitable cardan blanks might be pretty limited.

In French, there`s a guy who modifies the cardan joint to a tripode joint what means indeed a lot of work, but might be a better solution due to the non-unequal rotations of the axle shafts when the cardan is angled. Did someone realise that conversation as yet?

If there`s someone on the other end of the globe who shares this (or others) A 110-probs please tell me. If a special ( BMW?) part is suitable it wouldn`t be a problem to modify it unless its a complicated toothing procedure. It would be nice to keep in contact.

Advertisement

Thank you for response,

Udo

Default R8/R10 Big UJs !!

Hi Udo,

You need to contact Steven Swan in Perth Scotland,

http://www.8gordiniworkshop.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

He does them all the time with great results.
    Ray geckoeng

Think Old, But Run Modern !!

Thread Information