Renault Advertising
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Advertising

Has anyone seen the new Renault TV advertising?
    No? I suppose you blinked and missed it. I have only seen it on SBS on Wednesday nights.
    If you have seen it, what do you think of it? Is it effective in selling more Renault cars and Koleos's?

Advertisement

Been on for weeks, every night with the SBS weather, at least. Great show, but I already bought one!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

At least its local and not the crap they tried to sell the Grand Scenic with (an elephant in the back seat with the kids and no explanation why its a better option than a SUV).
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Default Advertising

Great to see any advertising.
    My only gripe is the new billboards. There's one on Eastlink and the Renault emblem is such a pale yellow on a white background you can't see it. I noticed it cos I know what I'm looking for but any target market would drive straight on by and not know what it is for.
    Anyone else noticed this?

...Paul
    There is a law against doing more than 100kmh...there's no law on how fast you get to 100kmh!!!

Yes advert is working. Renault sold 540 cars in June, the highest single month sales over a decade. Ytd, sales are over 30 percent on 2011. Hope this continues. There are also 3 new dealers in new and 1 each in Melbourne n Canberra.

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Good just to see a Renault advert and with bold colours on the cars.

My only criticism would be that the time was too short to try to sell all the cars. The vans must be doing exceptionally well - congrats to the sales people for that.

I recall on another thread how someone said, to be a standout, Renault needs to import the Scenic 3 which is so much better than anything here.

Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Browne View Post
    I recall on another thread how someone said, to be a standout, Renault needs to import the Scenic 3 which is so much better than anything here.

Alastair
    I hear its coming!
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Fellow Frogger!

Scenic Phase III? When? Would be excellent if it were available here. I have a standing order with the dealer just in case. (I should live that long!)

Fellow Frogger!

Don't you just love statistics! 30% year-on-year sounds extraordinary. But as we say in the marketing world: "Thirty percent of ****all is still ****all!" The increase in sales could in part be due to that highly flattering and positive 'Koleos Review' on the <caradvice.com.au> site. One very happy owner, it seems.

'05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

oh YAY they remembered the Latitude!!!

shame its in such a dark colour

At least the recipe from Renault Australia
    ADRIANO ZUMBO’S VANILLA MACARONS WITH A FRENCH TWIST
    are RED WHITE and BLUE
    Happy Bastille Day

I believe all the car reviews on Car Advice. Car sales types have nothing to lose bagging their opposition.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Has anyone seen the new Renault TV advertising?

If you have seen it, what do you think of it? Is it effective in selling more Renault cars and Koleos's?
    I much prefer factual hard-sell, but within the obscure 'mood' genre constraint I think it really is a terrific advert - emphasising reassurance, pride, and feel-good brand enjoyment.

My only criticism (and I hope someone relevant ponders this) would be that the utterly significant-to-brand "Renault Quality Made" insignia is only seen for a scant millisecond, and not emphasised and driven home throughout the advertisment. To succeed Renault must shift negative perception toward its positive reality.

For mine, the oh-so impressively delivered Renault Commitment of Quality seems to be a consumer result worth touting (and shouting!) from the rooftops far and wide .. and yet in this advert it's a 'blink and you miss it' moment..?

I think David Cavanagh recently alerted us towards Renault's sensationally low & currently market-leading warranty claim rate per-unit - as compared to Kia / Hyundai, eg. Why is this not more in the public domain? After those $ millions spend achieving a spectacular turnaround in quality (real vs perceived) surely it deserves more than the vaguest allude of mention?

Yes saw this advertising and it looks like finally is getting into 1st gear on Marketing. Have also noticed some kind of "tie up" now with Adrian Zumbo too.

Fellow Frogger!

Yes 'Europa', that's the one. Personally I find the advert 'sexy' but too vague in that it does not 'sell' the cars. I am aware of the advertising adage: "Sell the sizzle, not the steak!" but where cars are concerned I think it is important to impress prospective buyers with what they are getting for their money. The most lasting impression for me is the girl with her mobile phone. Does Renault sell phones as well I wonder? Furthermore I feel that Renault dilute their message by constantly changing their slogans. Here are a few: "More than a car", "We build cars", "Drive the change", "Made for you", "Quality made", and perhaps "We create cars" (was that Renault's? You see, there are so many that it is hard to remember.)
    Other manufacturers on the other hand remain 'on message': eg: VW - "Das Auto", BMW- "Sheer Driving pleasure", Audi - "Vorsprung durch Technik" and so on. That sticks, even if slogans are sometimes in languages other than English.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Yes 'Europa', that's the one. Personally I find the advert 'sexy' but too vague in that it does not 'sell' the cars. I am aware of the advertising adage: "Sell the sizzle, not the steak!" but where cars are concerned I think it is important to impress prospective buyers with what they are getting for their money. The most lasting impression for me is the girl with her mobile phone. Does Renault sell phones as well I wonder? Furthermore I feel that Renault dilute their message by constantly changing their slogans. Here are a few: "More than a car", "We build cars", "Drive the change", "Made for you", "Quality made", and perhaps "We create cars" (was that Renault's? You see, there are so many that it is hard to remember.)
    Other manufacturers on the other hand remain 'on message': eg: VW - "Das Auto", BMW- "Sheer Driving pleasure", Audi - "Vorsprung durch Technik" and so on. That sticks, even if slogans are sometimes in languages other than English.
    You forgot "Ready for Anything"

Thread Information