Koleos problem registry
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Koleos problem registry

Want to start a thread to document problems with the Koleos.
    May help others to determine if 'their' problem is isolated or common.

Advertisement

MY Koleos is a 2L dCi manual, 'issues' I have had:

Gear shift boot split - replaced under warranty
    Drivers side visor (doesn't flip back up fully) - apparently common fault
    Regen light on - fixed by software update
    Horns failed - corrosion in connections

David

Tadpole

Gear shift boots are not very good, it seems to be the plastic on the inner side that rips them.

So overall they sounds pretty solid and reliable...

my wife hasnt had a problem in 3 years of owning a 2009 privilege.

Here's my list of Koleos problems after two years and 48,000 km:
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

By all means. Would be of interest to all Koleos owners.
    I have only had my Koleos for a few months and so far no problems.
    Breite

Judging by the French experience reported on the French whinge sites this is going to be a very short register indeed.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

My Koleos 2.0 diesel had a bearing give way in the gearbox , I believe its the first Koleos to have this problem , no x trails have had any manual gearbox problems so I may have just had a faulty bearing . Renault replaced the Gearbox under warranty. My gearshift boot needs changing too .

Fellow Frogger!

Perhaps there should be a 'Koleos Registry' instead of just a negatively slanted 'problem' registry. So far I suspect that there are many good and positive things to say about the Koleos as well. No?
    Koleos owners are a relatively new, and as yet very 'rare' breed in the Renault family, and I would welcome the opportunity to chat about things Koleos with others.
    For instance, I note the new 'beaut offers' from Renault in todays weekend paper, and predictably kick myself for having already bought mine when the offer was less generous. I suppose that is not unusual.
    Many times have I committed to something expensive, only to see a 'sale' advertised a few days later. Anyway, I hope Renault sell more Koleos's because so far I have just seen one other new one in all my travels. It was hard to spot too in amongst the rivers of X-Trails, Rav4's, Outlanders and other common-as-backsides breeds.

Fellow Frogger!

I suspect that if you have a Koleos (like I/we have Breitie) then a general register will be a place for people to feel smug about the model. However, there are people who have ISSUES with this vehicle, diesel especially.

Joe average places more creedance on lack of problems than people going I have no problems, people more likely to say "I have a problem..."

Probably a good idea to start placing individual models within the marques on AF. I know other forums I frequent are separated by model within the marque. Will make searching for cars/answers easier. See here. Forum that does many models/marqes sucessfully (I think).

Time to do some overhauling?

Moderator/s comments???

David

David, please share with us the diesel problems you talk about! I'm a Diesel Auto owner and I'd like to be acquainted with any known issues I might be up for. (FWIW the only new Renaults I had any mechanical issues with were R16 and R16TS, both front wishbone related.) P.S: The manual diesel Koleos is no longer available.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by ALPGTA View Post
    no x trails have had any manual gearbox problems
    Oh yes they have.
    A friend of the family had their N-trail gearbox destroy itself within a week of getting the car.

Jo

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    David, please share with us the diesel problems you talk about
    Kim, tongue in cheek reference there - remember this thread?

No problems I forsee except for DPF issues - either regen cycles or full filter because of high ash content oil being used.

I remember before I purchased mine, reading that (if memeory serves me correctly) an AGE newspaper report of the Koleos being tested having strange noises on full lock. Mine has a definite LHF clunk, manifests itself turning left and accelerating and also when travelling at speed over a rise with a dip (suspension unloads?).
    Dealer had a look when new, tightened suspension bolts and drove round the yard saying could not reproduce - one day I'll sus out what's happening - annoys me this - maybe shock related.

68k travelled at an average of 8.1 L/100k

David

Tadpole

Could start to be an issue now because of the time that has passed since the Koleos launch We have a 2009 2l Diesel
    If you start getting odd readings on the screen regarding "Check ESP" "Brake failure" "2WD only"
    They start intermittently and become more frequent - It turns out as the battery ages the lower voltage causes these readings
    We replaced battery and all is good again and no records of the warning in the diagnostics testing

Batteries dying can cause a lot of issues. My wife's scenic started playing up with weird messages and such like. replaced the battery and all was good like the previous post.
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by BozzyDad View Post
    Could start to be an issue now because of the time that has passed since the Koleos launch We have a 2009 2l Diesel
    If you start getting odd readings on the screen regarding "Check ESP" "Brake failure" "2WD only"
    They start intermittently and become more frequent - It turns out as the battery ages the lower voltage causes these readings
    We replaced battery and all is good again and no records of the warning in the diagnostics testing
    May I remind you good Koleos owners (all three or four of you) that there is now actually a KOLEOS MODEL SPECIFIC FORUM also wisely initiated by 85Fuego, in order to keep all the Koleos chat under the one heading. Makes it a lot easier. Savvy?

Thread Information